kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hate how most of the games I wanted never get discounted more than 40%. And with the constant mark up of regional pricing, they become more expensive instead. They are mostly 3-5 years since release too.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Hate how most of the games I wanted never get discounted more than 40%. They are mostly 3-5 years since release too.
Yeah it's a noticeable trend. I feel like so many of the games I see on sale during these major Steam sales have been the same price for like.. every sale in the last year or two. There's really only 1-2 things I'd want on PC for the right price, Sonic Frontiers & Forspoken being the primary two, but if those aren't on sale for the price I want I might just pick up Ghost Trick or Master Detectives Archive Rain Code on the Switch depending on reviews since those are brand new games over picking up some stuff I may or may not play eventually

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
if those aren't on sale for the price I want I might just pick up Ghost Trick

You know the pre-order on PC is still on sale on Green Man Gaming and Fanatical for 16% off, right? In case playing it on PC is fine.

www.fanatical.com

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective | PC Steam Game | Fanatical

In Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective solve your own murder in...
www.greenmangaming.com

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective | PC - Steam | Game Keys

Pick up your Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective PC copy from Green Man Gaming today and remember to sign in for our best price.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Hate how most of the games I wanted never get discounted more than 40%. And with the constant mark up of regional pricing, they become more expensive instead. They are mostly 3-5 years since release too.
Yeah it's a noticeable trend. I feel like so many of the games I see on sale during these major Steam sales have been the same price for like.. every sale in the last year or two. There's really only 1-2 things I'd want on PC for the right price, Sonic Frontiers & Forspoken being the primary two, but if those aren't on sale for the price I want I might just pick up Ghost Trick or Master Detectives Archive Rain Code on the Switch depending on reviews since those are brand new games over picking up some stuff I may or may not play eventually
That's why you keep an eye on ggdeals and isthereanydeal. Sale prices might only go so low on Steam, but third party sites will spike lower.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I've been holding off on buying games recently (Zelda, Dead Space and Metroid are it this year) and I have $10 I'm my wallet.

Let's do this thing.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A trailer for a sale...

post-6-0-65974600-1347083704.gif

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
You know the pre-order on PC is still on sale on Green Man Gaming and Fanatical for 16% off, right? In case playing it on PC is fine.

www.fanatical.com

www.greenmangaming.com

Pick up your Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective PC copy from Green Man Gaming today and remember to sign in for our best price.
I'm currently debating it if I want it on Switch or PC 🤔 I'm also waiting to see how Rain Code for Switch reviews since it comes out in 2 days as well. So you know, decisions decisions lol

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently debating it if I want it on Switch or PC 🤔 I'm also waiting to see how Rain Code for Switch reviews since it comes out in 2 days as well. So you know, decisions decisions lol

Ah yeah, I'm hoping the discount sticks around past release (Fanatical says it's up for another day and a half) but some tough decisions ahead for sure.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro and Pharaoh look like good picks. Dead Cells and Sifu, too, if they're low enough. I really hope Metal Gear Rising gets discounted.

I haven't played on PC in a decade or more, but now that I have a Steam Deck, I gotta catch back up! My steam library was filled with ancient titles that wouldn't even translate well to the Deck, but I did recently pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, Titanfall 2, MK11, Arkham Knight on sale. I'm tempted to get Marvel Avengers complete edition since it's about to get delisted forever, and it's already on sale for $6.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm playing Dead Cells rn so I'm hoping the dlc gets discounted a bit. If not, I'll buy it all anyway

edit: Dead Cells was actually in that trailer so looks like I'm in luck!

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I second Isthereanydeal, I often hit those type of sites whenever there is a sale going.
I prefer ggdeals since it includes the middleman shops like CDKeys and a couple others more akin to Fanatical and GMG that aren't always covered by isthereanydeal.

Yeah, it includes the shit like Kinguin and other marketplace sellers where you have to be extra careful, but it's still a good tool.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I miss when they had those sales you could vote on. And the flash sales. Sure it's nice you have a while to decide but the old sales were so much more interesting and due to the limited time nature the deals tended to be better.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I prefer ggdeals since it includes the middleman shops like CDKeys and a couple others more akin to Fanatical and GMG that aren't always covered by isthereanydeal.

Yeah, it includes the shit like Kinguin and other marketplace sellers where you have to be extra careful, but it's still a good tool.

They're pretty transparent with what keys are good or not, so it's not really a problem imo.

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
Maybe Square Enix will remember to put the dragon quest heroes on sale.. those games haven't dropped in price since 2021

Deleted member 10780

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2022
I miss when they had those sales you could vote on. And the flash sales. Sure it's nice you have a while to decide but the old sales were so much more interesting and due to the limited time nature the deals tended to be better.
I hated it. Glad Valve realized that people have lives and the world doesn't pause when a steam sale happens

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I hated it. Glad Valve realized that people have lives and the world doesn't pause when a steam sale happens
I hope they bring them back, but even sillier. Flash Sales that literally only last a flash, like 2 seconds. You need time to even understand what game you are buying, let alone at which discount? Too bad, missed the sale.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
I hope they bring them back, but even sillier. Flash Sales that literally only last a flash, like 2 seconds. You need time to even understand what game you are buying, let alone at which discount? Too bad, missed the sale.
Sounds like how I bought my GPU back in 2020. I got a script for that.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
What time is this exactly starting/happening? I've got some spare cash I am willing to throw at the right titles.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
a trailer for sales?

i should make trailers for my posts

or threads if i could make them

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

www.fanatical.com

www.greenmangaming.com

I get 19% when I'm signed into DLGamer. It's an official vendor as far as I know. Not sketch.

www.dlgamer.com

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective | PC | DLgamer US

Buy Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective for PC ✓ Instant delivery ✓ 100% Refunded if activation problem ✓ Official keys ✓ Secure payment ✓