Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been holding strong against buying anything in the last few sales. Been making some good progress on my backlog, too. It'll just depend on if something I really want is on a record low price.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
If Sekiro is in the trailer does it mean it will be more than it's usual 50% off? đź‘€

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I have 81 games on my wish list. Wish me luck...

steam-summer.gif

mIphfG1.jpg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
RE4R is all I'm really after.

God I miss the crazy daily and flash sales

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
They no longer do the flash sales with extreme discounts right? It's just marked down to whatever during the whole sale now?

Vin-yl

Jan 13, 2023
I'd be fine with 2-3 games from my wishlist to get decent discounts.. like Pizza Tower and Cassette Beasts

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Trying to avoid what I normally do where I just load up on cheap games I'll likely never play, by getting fewer, but slightly more expensive/bigger games. Picked up Chained Echoes which is on sale until the actual sale starts, and Dave the Diver already.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Doing a trailer for a sale, that sure is something :D
The worst trend with sales like these are when devs/pubs hike up their prices just before they do the sale so it appears to be a better deal then it actually is.
"Wow 75% that must be a great deal!" But then you see what they pretend the original price was.

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
As for the sale, I'm like others in expecting nothing above a 10, maybe 20% reduction in items on my wish list. It is the way of things nowadays.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna end up buying everything from key sites like usual. There's almost always a better deal outside of steam.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a trailer for a sale, that sure is something :D
The worst trend with sales like these are when devs/pubs hike up their prices just before they do the sale so it appears to be a better deal then it actually is.
"Wow 75% that must be a great deal!" But then you see what they pretend the original price was.
https://steamdb.info/sales/ is great for this, can't get fooled with steamdb!

When do the deals go up? It's the 29th here
in 5h35m from this post.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping Dead Space and Callisto Protocol get a decent reduction but I'm not expecting much. I'm currently playing through Aliens Dark Descent and Marvel Midnight Suns so I'll not be lacking for things to play for a bit.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I miss when they had those sales you could vote on. And the flash sales. Sure it's nice you have a while to decide but the old sales were so much more interesting and due to the limited time nature the deals tended to be better.
Yes, this is where the true deep discounts happened. It wasn't uncommon for something big to be 80-90% off.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully sekiro can get lower than 30. I want to play it again on the Rog ally

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what Iw any to go on sale but I know i'm gonna be buying shit I don't need

I think I want cities skylines before the sequel drops

I have $50 in stead credit

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm relatively new to Steam, but how is that still not the case. There's a ton of AAA and indies on sale right now and every week.
Back in the day they had daily and flash sales which encouraged you to constantly check for refreshes as they would be limited time deeper discounts. Now they put everything on sale for the "lowest price" day 1 of the sale and have that last until the end. The great thing about the daily/flash sales was that it was more prone to price mistakes. Ended up getting Sleeping Dogs for $5 and Terraria for $2.50.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Yes, this is where the true deep discounts happened. It wasn't uncommon for something big to be 80-90% off.
Yep, miss those 90% off deals. Now the big sales are just the same as regular weekly sales except the whole store is on sale at once.

I think the main reason they ditched flash sales was because of the refund system. Just causes over use of it because you'd buy something then it appears on flash sale, so you have to refund and buy again.