• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Has a terrible post-game in that it gets really grindy and is the only point where you actually unlock your class specializations, but the actual progression through the story isn't bad at all, just don't expect it to be Metal Gear in the traditional sense.

Underrated game. I doubt, you`ll find other players online, though. For that price it`s fine for the campaign only.
Thanks, i'll give it a try then.
I just wanna play it out of curiosity.

Oct 29, 2017
I've played a little of Wasteland 3 on the PS5 and quite liked what I played, though I didn't play a lot. It feels like it'd be better suited for the SteamDeck for me though so I might double-dip on it when the Deck releases and I can see how it runs/UI works.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Might get Wasteland 3. How does the online coop hold up now? Remember trying it on PC Gamepass and it was complete and utter ass with a friend.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for some help as I don't usually buy much from Steam...

I'm looking to buy two games (Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition and Inscryption) to give to someone, I've read that you can gift to accounts but is there a way to just get the activation codes (similar to what you get when you buy from Humble Bundle) so that I can just give the codes to the person?

Not inside Steam. You can buy Steam Keys for those gams in other places (like Humble Bundle).
Thanks for the quick reply and answer. :)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for some help as I don't usually buy much from Steam...

I'm looking to buy two games (Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition and Inscryption) to give to someone, I've read that you can gift to accounts but is there a way to just get the activation codes (similar to what you get when you buy from Humble Bundle) so that I can just give the codes to the person?
Not inside Steam. You can buy Steam Keys for those gams in other places (like Humble Bundle).

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Just wondering why do you want to send the keys and not gifts? If it is about sending the gift in a specific day, you can also set when the gifts are delivered.
Don't know their Steam ID and wanted to give them the codes in person along with the rest of their presents rather than ask for their ID now which will make the whole thing less of a surprise.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only things I wanted in this sale were the Mafia remake and Mafia III. So grabbed both of those. And as its more convenient than digging out my original CDs, also grabbed the original Mafia on sale for a couple of bucks. Sorta hilarious that Take 2 mishandled GTA's remasters so damn bad and yet they (and by they, I mean the devs that worked on Mafia) did a good job with Mafia. Aside from a decent (if not perfect) remake, I can opt for the original game instead (to get that classic voice acting, the original story without the changes, retaining all the post mission driving etc.) and also can avoid the remaster of 2 and stick with the original version.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
It feels super weird to open my wishlist and not see Kenshi at the top with Cyberpunk a few slots down. Bought them both during the last sale, haven't touched CP yet though since I've got plenty of other stuff to play (like RDR2...picked that up last time too) and there's supposed to be another big update early next year if I remember correctly.

I might not get anything this time around actually...

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
About EGS, I can only see buy now and wishlist buttons. Shouldn't the recently added cart button be there too?
Edit: Works now, looks like the client wasn't just up to date for me.

Bought Road 96 and I guess I'll pick up Chicory and Forgotten City too since the coupon is such a crazy deal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who doesn't buy Wasteland 3 is a monster who deserves ungodly nuclear fire raining on their house!
So I bought Wasteland 3 and currently at the Warrens area (where the clown gang is strapping pigs with dynamites). I finally spent all of my scrap to craft bullets and energy packs. I go into the dungeon, and I still have zero bullets and energy packs but all of my scrap is gone. The stupid bug really broke my progression and I havent touched it in a few weeks.

Also it's really difficult to individually set your party up for an ambush. You just need to go in guns blazing, and then waste precious turns getting into hiding spots/better vantage points.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So I bought Wasteland 3 and currently at the Warrens area (where the clown gang is strapping pigs with dynamites). I finally spent all of my scrap to craft bullets and energy packs. I go into the dungeon, and I still have zero bullets and energy packs but all of my scrap is gone. The stupid bug really broke my progression and I havent touched it in a few weeks.

Also it's really difficult to individually set your party up for an ambush. You just need to go in guns blazing, and then waste precious turns getting into hiding spots/better vantage points.

What bug? You mean the giant worm?

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bought Brutal Orchestra, Death Trash, and LiS3 so far.

Brutal Orchestra is using like 90%+ of my GPU for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit* So the game was running at 1665 FPS. Manually set the max framerate to 165 in Nvidia Control Panel and its only using 10% now.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Steam Wishlist contains 100+ games so I guess the time has come to buy some games on sale.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a new PC and tempted to buy something. Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition for 22,49€ sounds very tempting.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I was recently reminded of one of the few Christmas themed games out there, and it's a really good one! Stand alone too, don't need the rest of the series.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Bought Wasteland 3 despite having Game Pass for a more seamless Deck experience. Without the DLC though - does it hook into the main game or is it best played after a playthrough?

I'm not sure you can play Wasteland 3 after you finish it... and the DLCs fit very well in the main game, at least the first one (I'm playing the second one right now). I was surprised by how characters from the main campaign would acknowledge your choices in the first one, and there were even a few extra pieces of dialogue here and there. The second one began in the same way (well integrated with the story), but as I mentioned I still have to finish it (the first one is amazing, the second one is off to a great start as well).

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LA Noire for 6 euros on Steam.
Alan Wake Remastered for 14 euros on Epic.

That will be my haul for this winter sale. Excited to play both of these!

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Man I spent way more on this then I thought I would. Haven't spent this much since the old days of the 80%-90% off of pretty new game days. Think total I've spent around $90 so far, not that bad with how many games I got.

Stuff on top I've played before and own on other platforms stuff on the bottom I've never played before:
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Uprising: Join or Die
KKND
KKND 2
Tzar: The Burden of the Crown
Freedom Fighters
Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Outlaws
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Blood Omen 2
Tom Clancy's End War

Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (2nd game is only on consoles still so I'll have to get that there. I'll give the first 3 games a try, but a lot of people love this series so I'll finally give it a shot.)

Severance: Blade of Darkness (Always wanted to try it but if you wanted to play it you had to buy it physical and it was expensive. October they put it on digital stores and it's on sale for like $10 so that's a buy from me.)

Way of the Samurai 4 (Have only played the 3rd game and I loved it, for 7 bucks I'm down for another WotS game.)

Army Men RTS ( It's $2 and It gets praise so why not give it a shot.)

Puzzle Agent 1&2 (Wanted to give them a shot ever since Giantbomb did a quicklook for it, just never got around to it. Now they are on sale for 50 cents each so yeah that's a buy and try.)

Disgaea 1,2,4,5 (I was going to start playing the first Disgaea on PS2 even bought the first 2 games off eBay for cheap and was going to start them soon. Now that they are on sale on Steam I thought why not and just bought all the ones they had and I'll just play them on PC.)

Knights of Honor (Never heard of this game before and it looked rad as hell so I'm all over it for $2.50. It's a open world sand box RTS, looks like a mix of the Civ games, Mount & Blade and Total War.)

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1&2 (Never played these before but people loved them. I liked the old Rainbow Six games, but this looks to be more action oriented. I'll give em a shot for the price everyone was loving these games when they released I just never got around to em.)

Valkyria Chronicles 1&4 (Have a friend that loves these games so I'll give them a shot. Sounds like 4 is stand a lone so I don't have to worry about not playing 2&3, I'll just play these 2.)

Warpips (Just came out this year it's a indie RTS game that has some good reviews and it's like $5 on sale so sure I'll give it a go.)

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm not sure you can play Wasteland 3 after you finish it... and the DLCs fit very well in the main game, at least the first one (I'm playing the second one right now). I was surprised by how characters from the main campaign would acknowledge your choices in the first one, and there were even a few extra pieces of dialogue here and there. The second one began in the same way (well integrated with the story), but as I mentioned I still have to finish it (the first one is amazing, the second one is off to a great start as well).

Sigh - I guess I'll buy the DLC before I start too.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles 1&4 (Have a friend that loves these games so I'll give them a shot. Sounds like 4 is stand a lone so I don't have to worry about not playing 2&3, I'll just play these 2.)

Yeah, you should be fine. Only 2 is really a sequel to anything in terms of chronology (and it's also the worst in the series), and 3 didn't even make it to the west. Both 3 and 4 are essentially stories set around the same time as 1, and there isn't too much in the way of overlap so you can treat them as essentially separate.

This reminds me that I never actually finished 4 and should really get back to it sometime.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Done my little spending spree and now I'm out, too easy to spend too much in these sales I think. Picked up Detroit: Beyond Human, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I think that's a good enough haul, should last quite a decent bit. Played a bit of Nioh 2 but really excited to play GotG after hearing such rave about it too, the Steam reviews are on 'Overwhelmingly Positive'.