DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Enjoyed the boss rush mode, the new Kunoichi outfit is awesome.

18fabded8c831-screenshot-Url.jpg

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Me to them TBH 😬
fashion-no.gif

So many Eve outfits would be super chic without the cheese factor that makes them look the equivalent of sexy nurse costumes at Halloween.
I think that's what makes them so popular with the women on Twitch. The cosplay factor is high. I just want suits akin to what Tachy wears in the intro.

Oct 25, 2017
So I had already got the platinum but was missing the one final boss for boss rush, we'll I hit continue on the main menu and it actually loade me back at the final camp BEFORE the ending choice, so I was able to quickly unlock the final boss rush challenge

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This outfit is fire.

Playing through boss rush reemphasizes the difficulty disparity between every boss and the final 3.
upon replaying them just now,
Last 3 bosses spoilers
Elder Naytiba really stands above the other 2 for me. Both Providence and Raven are hard, but im realizing that their patterns eventually click with me. Elder Naytiba on the other hand...so much delay and timing shifts. He doesnt wreck you in an instant the first time you fight him like Raven does, but fuck he can be so much harder to get damage in, and his delay between actions can be so short that if you get hit by a knockdown from the final hit of a combo's weird wind up, you can get fucked by the very next move being an unblockable type requiring the stricter dodge timing and no gap to heal.

Maybe its just me, but definitely imo the hardest boss in the game.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's what makes them so popular with the women on Twitch. The cosplay factor is high. I just want suits akin to what Tachy wears in the intro.
I'm surprised they so happily handed out completely new outfits made from scratch. I was almost certain we'd first get a bunch that are repurposed outfits we already saw on other characters. I imagine Tachys will come down the line

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
The base eve in boss rush being forced to fight in skin form is so dumb...
I'm surprised they so happily handed out completely new outfits made from scratch. I was almost certain we'd first get a bunch that are repurposed outfits we already saw on other characters
I didnt wear them cause im not a creep...but they looks like are reskinned from the Chinese dresses.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
With all the outfits we're getting, we really need an option to filter out a lot of them by Favoriting some of the outfits. I don't think it's a QoL change we "need", but it kinda sucks have to scroll down all those outfits to get to ones you like.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
With all the outfits we're getting, we really need an option to filter out a lot of them by Favoriting some of the outfits. I don't think it's a QoL change we "need", but it kinda sucks have to scroll down all those outfits to get to ones you like.
I use the triggers so scroll through the batch quicker...

Anyone know how to unlock the other freebies outfits that are not mentioned in the patch?

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the outfits in this game definitely do a sexy I like. The kunoichi outfit included...but damn the boss challenge mode outfit is ruined by the assless chaps look.

Sep 14, 2018
This is by far my favorite suit and I don't even have it yet. it's hidden pretty well in Eidos 9, I missed it the first time but had it anyway as a preorder bonus, I wonder what would have been on that chest had I found it.

stellar-blade-costumes-outfits-696x442.jpg

show
show

I'm about to start NG+ HM and hunt this one down. Also going to go for the other ending, speaking of...

I saw someone here said they saw a bunch of streamers and they all picked the No to adam ending, and in that interview with the devs they said they also picked that ending, I also picked it pretty much instantly. I have an aversion to "merge with the monsters" ending stuff... reminded me of Mass Effect and I instinctively went Nope!

It's interesting they haven't settled on the canon ending if/when they do a sequel but I have to imagine between the 2 candidates, it's probably pretty close what people pick, maybe slight advantage to saying no to adam?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone here said they saw a bunch of streamers and they all picked the No to adam ending, and in that interview with the devs they said they also picked that ending, I also picked it pretty much instantly. I have an aversion to "merge with the monsters" ending stuff... reminded me of Mass Effect and I instinctively went Nope!

It's interesting they haven't settled on the canon ending if/when they do a sequel but I have to imagine between the 2 candidates, it's probably pretty close what people pick, maybe slight advantage to saying no to adam?

I would pick the "merge with Adam" ending, as I do think it goes well with the game's portrayal of their relationship. I think Eve wants to trust him, and the little monologue she gives justifying her choice goes over well. I would, I say, except for one thing: this ending results in bird feet. Uh uh, yuck. And yuck to her post-merge design overall.

Anyway, just turned on my PS5 and discovered that it auto-updated, yay! Boss rush is a nice gift for the weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
This is by far my favorite suit and I don't even have it yet. it's hidden pretty well in Eidos 9, I missed it the first time but had it anyway as a preorder bonus, I wonder what would have been on that chest had I found it.

show
show

I'm about to start NG+ HM and hunt this one down. Also going to go for the other ending, speaking of...

In NG if you have the costume already there is 1 vitcoin in that chest lol

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
My kingdom for a worldwide vinyl release with the same cover art, it's so stunning. (I know it's a reverse cover with the box art, but it's not quite the same.)

Me to them TBH 😬
fashion-no.gif

So many Eve outfits would be super chic without the cheese factor that makes them look the equivalent of sexy nurse costumes at Halloween.

Yes, that's the part that's so frustrating! If they were all ugly, it wouldn't be as irritating. There are so many outfits that have a great concept, but there's just one or two elements that undermine the rest. The sexy nurse costume Halloween observation is on point, too.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I am late to say this, I know it's inspired by Soulsbornekirodenring what not, but the Elder Naytiba fight was proper From Software's finale art style/direction wise + not to mention the background music & the fight it self.

elder-naytiba-preparing-for-a-fight-in-stellar-blade.jpg

giphy.gif

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, these boss fights are pushovers on Normal difficulty. Guess that just shows how far we've come.

But I'm not very cocky about fighting them on Hard (which I'll do once I'm done with Normal), given that you start with all your ability meters empty. I rarely had them less than half full any time in the main game.

Last edited:

theCioro

Jun 16, 2023
RO
I had to turn the difficulty down by endgame. Bosses with instakill attacks made me go 'no way in hell I'm sweating for this'. Up until that point I thought I was doing good

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

show
show

In NG if you have the costume already there is 1 vitcoin in that chest lol
Wait, this is the red colored costume you get for pre-ordering the game? I used that early on and liked it quite a bit but damn, this recolor is way better. A shame that it's in Eidos 9 tho since I'll be going for the no Lily bar ending whenever I get back to NG+ so I'll be missing it :(

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just got to the great desert and was getting utterly wrecked by the stalker at the solar tower. It felt way harder than all previous bosses. I finally went to story difficulty and it was still challenging. Am I the only one?? Heh

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just got to the great desert and was getting utterly wrecked by the stalker at the solar tower. It felt way harder than all previous bosses. I finally went to story difficulty and it was still challenging. Am I the only one?? Heh
That one was notably more difficult for me as well, I had to use one of those revive things to beat it.

Oct 26, 2017
Would love to see how this was done! Ongbal's NG+ Raven with no burst and beta skill used is approx 4 min 30 sec (including mid fight cutscenes).
Burst skills only have their level1 skills unlocked in min level mode in boss rush, so I think the dev here must've used lots of beta skills may be?
Same.
My NG hard (enemies have same HP as ng+) w.o cutscenes was 2.50 ish
I didn't use beta/burst skill, but have spines + an attack speed boost compared to eve minimum.

View: https://youtu.be/1gAAZ1e_3mY?si=knDYWZqVsCqQEohi

There's some stuff I did for fun like gun interrupts and jumping over attacks, but even I literally did optimal link combos 100% of the time...this would take a while?

edit: Doing a quick look, they probably just used overdrive lol

Another edit: Judging by minimal Eve they buffered the hard mode deathblow damage to be worthwhile. On NG hard the sekiro playstyle was worthless

Last edited:

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite track in the entire game is the Devil Trigger music. It's a shame it's only like 45 seconds.

Dec 5, 2017

I had no problem picking merge because the story seemed to layout: hey I am the monster not Adam and the Naytibas. We are the bad guys.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

It's not really a fair fight btw, a lot of people check spoilers before picking and
for a lot of people, it's either that or Lily dies lol.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone got dolby atmos setup can confirm if the new patcb fixed the surround sound when you set the output to atmos? I and getting surround sound now when i set my ps5 to atmos and LG CX eARC to pass through rather than auto but it would still requires me to change the tv setting manually each time when I want to play this game with surround sound.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019
The last two bosses having one shot insta-kill moves unless you shoot targets is one of most frustrating things ever, add the horrible aiming on top of that (; ̄Д ̄) the aim acceleration and deadzone are horrible and have no options.

It's confirmed BS because you can't use stingers ( ̄□ ̄」)

EDIT: and of course beat it after posting, loved the game flaws and all. 8/10 =D

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

show
show

That's the outfit she wore in one of the first gameplay videos they released

View: https://youtu.be/p3YKZJhbctY?si=vWHDExEEPsdC7Emx

Kind of funny to see how much of the game was already there three years ago

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
I had no problem picking merge because the story seemed to layout: hey I am the monster not Adam and the Naytibas. We are the bad guys.
Yeah, same. Joining with Adam is unambiguously the most positive ending since refusing means humanity becomes truly extinct and Mother Sphere is ready to pull the trigger on Earth and everyone left on there. That's, like, THE bleakest possible outcome.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Game is bogging down for me in the Great Desert. Not helped by feeling like the standard enemies took a huge leap in tankiness as soon as I entered the region.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Game is bogging down for me in the Great Desert. Not helped by feeling like the standard enemies took a huge leap in tankiness as soon as I entered the region.
Are you making good use of Beta chains? They really burn through enemies health bars, especially if you've got the right upgrades/gear.

You can pretty much use H, L, L, H beta chain and repeat it to melt almost all the enemies there.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Are you making good use of Beta chains? They really burn through enemies health bars, especially if you've got the right upgrades/gear.

You can pretty much use H, L, L, H beta chain and repeat it to melt almost all the enemies there.

I've been using them every so often, including that one. I'm not really noticing that much of a difference tbh.

The scarfed staff enemies for example, the HLLH beta chain when the whole thing connects does barely a fifth of their hp. And getting that combo off when there are any other enemies nearby (cough mortar fuckers cough) is just lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using them every so often, including that one. I'm not really noticing that much of a difference tbh.

The scarfed staff enemies for example, the HLLH beta chain when the whole thing connects does barely a fifth of their hp. And getting that combo off when there are any other enemies nearby (cough mortar fuckers cough) is just lol
I guess it probably depends on the upgrades and gear too, but I was melting those guys with a mix of HLLH chains and some Beta moves like the shield brake. I also did all side content as soon as I found it so I was as levelled as possible.

I get frustration with some of the groups though, they can be tricky.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I guess it probably depends on the upgrades and gear too, but I was melting those guys with a mix of HLLH chains and some Beta moves like the shield brake. I also did all side content as soon as I found it so I was as levelled as possible.

I get frustration with some of the groups though, they can be tricky.

I'm in the middle of doing the side content in this area to get stronger, and I have (I believe) all the weapon upgrades up to this point. Its not really frustration either, it's a mix of the enemies getting more hp and the area itself feeling like a chore kind of working in conjunction with each other. Game just doesn't feel as much fun right now as it did before.

Oct 27, 2017
Question about a point of no return
I feel like there is a point of no return for going in the orbital lift (after Orcal's revelations), can you still do the side missions you haven't done after that or do they become unavailable for good ?
Thanks

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Question about a point of no return
I feel like there is a point of no return for going in the orbital lift (after Orcal's revelations), can you still do the side missions you haven't done after that or do they become unavailable for good ?
Thanks
After Orcal's Testimony, Xion is completely locked out but you can still travel to the other areas.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017

What do you mean by "HLLH beta chain"? I've been following this thread (beat SB, very impressed with, cringe-stuff aside) and I've no idea about the terminology you folks are using.

Incidentally, is there a "best build" for SB? And does anyone have any tips for the Corrupter (Eidos 9) boss battle? The two naytiba at the same time was super frustrating normal, so I don't feel I have any chance on Hard.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018
What do you mean by "HLLH beta chain"? I've been following this thread (best SB, very impressed with, cringe-stuff aside) and I've no idea about the terminology you folks are using.

Incidentally, is there a "best build" for SB? And does anyone have any tips for the Corrupter (Eidos 9) boss battle? The two naytiba at the same time was super frustrating normal, so I don't feel I have any chance on Hard.
It means triangle square square triangle. Beta chain is when you hold the last input to do bonus dmg and charge burst gauge (after unlocking the skill).

All combos are named either incursion or onslaught, you can check them out on the attack skill tree.

The best build is probably stacking attack speed in NG+, personally I used Beta Trance and Reflex for most of the game, with Beta gear and Shield Destruction cause it makes shield breaker that much better.

Last edited:

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
It means triangle square square triangle. Beta chain is when you hold the last input to do bonus dmg and charge burst gauge (after unlocking the skill).

All combos are named either incursion or onslaught, you can check them out on the attack skill tree.

The best build is probably stacking attack speed in NG+, personally I used Beta Trance and Reflex for most of the game, with Beta gear and Shield Destruction cause it makes shield breaker that much better.
Thanks.