AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely see why Shu Yoshida and Sony made this a 2nd party release. It nails all the vibes of 80s/90s cyberpunk (Alita, Bubblegum Crisis), 90s techno jazz, polished PS2 era character action games, etc.
The fact it's a AAA South Korean effort is just icing on the cake.

Lovin' this and holy fucking shit is the art absolutely... eh... stellar!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
These linear sections are so much better than the open world. I don't mind the latter as they're relatively small and don't last ages, and the variety is good.

Still, the game really shines in these environments imo.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Recently finished up Stellar Blade and I really enjoyed it overall. In fact it's my second favourite game this year after FF7 Rebirth.

Quick review in bullet points:

Pros:
- Combat is really engaging and fun, especially the parry system. There's a ton of additional moves and enhancements to unlock, which actually change the feel of the game for the better the further in you get.
- The visuals are very nice and clean (especially if you turn off the awful film grain effect). Framerate on performance mode was rock solid.
- The soundtrack is legit incredible. One of the best game soundtracks in recent memory. It's hard to pick which I liked more between this and Rebirth, both are just fantastic in their own right.
- The open world areas were fun to explore and opened up as new moves such as double jump became available.
- Plenty of environmental variety and a great art style throughout.
- Costume collecting was fun and there were some really good ones. I especially liked the Evangelion style black suit and Punk Rocker one.
- Boss battles were fantastic, especially the final 4/5 at the end of the game.
- The final few hours were fantastic. Full of great encounter design, set piece moments and banging tunes.

Cons:
- Side quests were decent but not all that engaging, outside of a few highlights.
- The request missions were way too fetch quest like and honestly boring most of the time.
- While I enjoyed the collectibles and endings tied to lore discovery, much of the data logs were honestly pointless nonsense.
- Eve is a decent character and I enjoyed Lily at times, but Adam and most of the side characters were forgettable and badly written.
- Voice acting was super hit and miss... mostly miss.
- Platforming was a bit janky and led to a few frustrating moments.

Overall I really enjoyed the game and even took the time to Platinum it. I'd love a more focused sequel with some of the fat trimmed and a better story. The story was ok but didn't really pick up until the end. Still, it's cool to see Korean teams making games so impressive.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Raven fight was

488851906228256777.gif

The track was

758839733404172291.gif

Song is straight out of a John Wick movie and I love it.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
collected every single collectible and got 2 of the 3 endings and all the trophies beside the only for the 3rd ending. Will save the next playthrough for PS5 pro.

Pretty sure there are going to be more updates, wishlist:

- hopefully they bring those uncensored costumes back for 3rd playthrough while still keeping the standard ones since those assets were already made.
- Fix the Dolby Atmos surround sound mix, was hoping they would do it before I finish my second playthrough so I don't need to keep switching settings between game.
- Add boss rush mode like the demo,
- add FOV slider.
-Cut scene viewer
-Gallery mode, model viewers for all the monsters and char models like RE games
-L2 aiming need some serious tweaking, make it snappier.
-And go all out with PS5 pro support, like 120hz or RTGI, RT shadow, and RT reflection or even Tress FX, not just PSSR then call it a day.
-Some collaboration costumes like Nier which is a no brainer

These would make me very happy. Second best game I played so far this year right after RFF7Rebirth.

Last edited:

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I finished it. I'd give it an 8.5. It's exactly what I wanted. It's mostly linear, it looks amazing, it plays great and is very fun, and sounds like...I mean remove FF7R and you have the best soundtrack this year and probably in years. There's a ton of room for improvement, like the economy is broken, the side quests can use some work, and the platforming is a bit jank. But loved it. really really.

I am so into Korean devs right now between this and Lies of P. Take a good formula and cut out the BS and add a ton of QoL with top notch presentation.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Something I've not seen mentioned is that the hitboxes in the game seem really precise. There's many times when an enemy's attack happens to go under one of my combos, and it just misses rather than hit me anyway or warp me to a hit spot.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

Project Eve - PlayStation Showcase 2021: First Trailer | PS5

Project Eve is an action-adventure game that takes place in the not-too-distant future on the ruined Earth against unknown enemies.Accompany the powerful her...

It's amazing how much of the final game was basically in this trailer from 2021. Kinda makes you wonder what they did for another two years. Game dev is insane.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Honest nitpick but considering what I've seen of the the story.

"Project EVE" is a much more fitting name.

Hell, her sword is called Blood Edge not stellar blade

WardFail

Banned
Jul 30, 2022
United States
www.youtube.com

Project Eve is an action-adventure game that takes place in the not-too-distant future on the ruined Earth against unknown enemies.Accompany the powerful her...

It's amazing how much of the final game was basically in this trailer from 2021. Kinda makes you wonder what they did for another two years. Game dev is insane.

I don't think it's a coincidence that all (or at least almost all) of the footage from 2021 is from the linear sections of the game. I think they spent the next few years getting the open world section and collectables hammered out. IMO, I think they ran out of time when it they hit the Great Desert section because it feels vastly less cohesive then the Wasteland.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Judging by this trailer, the past two years was:

1. The open world sections
2. Gameplay balance
3. Optimizations (Audio, performance, etc)
4. Polish

Makes sense seeing as how the open world sections are very different than the linear sections.

How large is the Shift Up studio?

Sep 14, 2018
What exospines does everyone use (for bosses)?

I mostly want to know the value of reflex type, I don't feel like I've needed easier parry/dodge but how much easier is it?

I've been using Beta Trance since I got it, it's so good.

Dec 6, 2023
What exospines does everyone use (for bosses)?

I mostly want to know the value of reflex type, I don't feel like I've needed easier parry/dodge but how much easier is it?

I've been using Beta Trance since I got it, it's so good.

Reflex doesn't extend the window a ton but is still worth it IMO. I use that and the protection one, but I might try going for a burst build in NG+

Sep 14, 2018
Reflex doesn't extend the window a ton but is still worth it IMO. I use that and the protection one, but I might try going for a burst build in NG+
I haven't used reflex yet but I noticed whenever I die or take a ton of dmg it's always cause I can't dodge the yellow AoE attacks in time. I want to use either reflex or protection in the second slot but it's hard to find concise info about exactly how much reflex adds to the timing window.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on new game +, and in both the Wasteland and the Great Desert, the song changed when I did the Solar Tower mission in each. But once I left and came back, the first song started playing again. Anyone else have this? Just want to know if it's normal. Or if there's any way to change it.

I'm cool with it in the Wasteland, because that first song is great. But the first Great Desert song is too mellow. The 2nd one is my favorite in the game. Going to be playing it externally if it won't play on its own.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
You guys keep praising the OST but I personally had to switch it off. I can't stand playing games with continuous music, I want to hear the environments. I wish it had the ability to choose to switch off music in the overworld but still have it on for cutscenes.

I'm really really loving this one. It's my favourite game of the year so far, possibly even from the last 6 months.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
15 hours in and I absolutely love this game good lord. Music, graphics and combat are S-class for my personal tastes.

It ain't perfect (parry window can be weird and some minor platform jank) but for a first ever console release, this is quality af.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a level cap for the Blood Edge in NG+? I'm at 40 right now (1,290 Attack Power) and it still seems to be going up.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Did they really do this...such an awesome game and they have to put a fucking Gimmick in the last fights that you can do nothing about if you miss it or whatever...especially what it is,with all the skills and stuff I have now,I have to pew pew something ?...fuck this shit.

I will try a few more times otherwise I will waych the end on YT...

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
NA:tives

I just noticed this too recently rewatching the original trailers haha.

In one of the shooting sections, you can find textures in a research facility that still say the name "NA:tives". So it is a name of the research project. I'm glad they changed it, because it would be too obvious, way before they reveal the plot twist.
That makes sense. I had put this together pretty early when I was trying to pronounce naytibas to myself out loud lol. It's already pretty easy to pick up on and naming it that way would have certainly been a bridge too far.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to get the fishing trophy without filling Lily's progress bar?

I have like 3 trophies left and i'm thinking of doing NG+ to get the platinum. One of the trophies i'm missing is getting 20 fish, because I couldn't be asked to do that on my first playthrough. I know to unlock all the fish you have to do certain side quests, but new side quests don't unlock until you've finished old ones. So would this possible? Anyone else do it this way?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I have like 3 trophies left and i'm thinking of doing NG+ to get the platinum. One of the trophies i'm missing is getting 20 fish, because I couldn't be asked to do that on my first playthrough. I know to unlock all the fish you have to do certain side quests, but new side quests don't unlock until you've finished old ones. So would this possible? Anyone else do it this way?

Yes, you can catch 20 fish without going to Eidos 9. As far as side quests go, you'll only need to go through some if you need to catch fish using Fantastic Bait. You'll probably need to do these side quests

Wife's Water Tank
Unforgettable Fish Dish
Fish Research
A Gift for a Fishing Maniac

Because the last side quest upgrades your fishing ability so that you can catch better fish.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to re-assign the beta abilities to different buttons and button combinations? I have an action game habit of holding block whenever I dodge, so sometimes I will get the sword slash ability because of that.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK

I'm really not sure, but you could backup your saves, get all the fish and then come back?

Dec 6, 2023
Is it possible to re-assign the beta abilities to different buttons and button combinations? I have an action game habit of holding block whenever I dodge, so sometimes I will get the sword slash ability because of that.

I don't think so, but I just unlearned the L1 + circle skill so that doesn't happen to me. I didn't find that particular ability very useful compared to the others anyways.

psp12345

Oct 27, 2017
I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed. I'm in a corridor with tons of enemies and constantly run out of slugs for the gun. I don't have my blade and there does not seem to be any other way to attack. I have many shotgun shells but I don't have a shotgun.
Have I missed something?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed. I'm in a corridor with tons of enemies and constantly run out of slugs for the gun. I don't have my blade and there does not seem to be any other way to attack. I have many shotgun shells but I don't have a shotgun.
Have I missed something?

You need to upgrade your drone so that it can fire different types of ammunition.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
In one of the shooting sections, you can find textures in a research facility that still say the name "NA:tives". So it is a name of the research project. I'm glad they changed it, because it would be too obvious, way before they reveal the plot twist.
tbh I thought it was way too obvious anyway. I guessed most of the plot from just the trailers.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Are all quests required to get platinum? I missed a few somehow. I guess they just weren't on the map..