Texas
gone gold!

rW8nQ0t.jpeg
Sweet! Hope it turns out good

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
Look at all those incels! /s

Congrats to team! Looking forward to release.
I wish any of the studios I'd ever worked at had that percentage of female devs. Maybe it's better these days but I don't think I ever worked anywhere here in the UK outside of indie teams where women were more than 10% of the dev team. And honestly it was normally half that.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
The various British accents, particularly Lily, give it a cheesy quality that kind of suits the heightened reality of the game. However, Adam's is just....bad? It sounds like a scratch track.
He's why I wish there was a way to select language per character. The English actor pronouncing library as "libary" cracks me up every time though.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
He's why I wish there was a way to select language per character. The English actor pronouncing library as "libary" cracks me up every time though.

That would be such a great feature! I'm perfectly fine with the English, but Lily is so anime-enthusiastic that it would be better for her to be speaking Japanese.

The implication I'm getting here is that if you have a demo save, everything will carry over into the full game, including all skills points you grinded for, which is obviously not the way the game was intended to be played on your first go.

Eh, you could just grind in the actual game, anyway. Which I will probably do, if they steal away my several hours of pre-grinding from me. I like to have a little edge. I'm sure as heck not going anywhere in the game until I have the wider timing windows on parrying and dodging.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Speaking of languages, someone needs to explain to me why the english subtitles of the demo are SDH/closed caption only.
Like the game displays "(screams)" and "(breathing)" for the noises EVE does in the first few minutes. Why?

I have noticed that streaming services like Disney+ have been doing this for the latest anime shows as cost saving measure, but it's the first time that I see it for a game.
Don't get me wrong, it's great to have as an accessibility feature, but most ppl who use the subtitles only need them for the dialogues to make sure that they aren't missing anything. But anything else is just distracting.
There should be the normal dialogue subs + closed captions as accessibility option.

Last edited:

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Speaking of languages, someone needs to explain to me why the english subtitles of the demo are SDH/closed caption only.
Like the game displays "(screams)" and "(breathing)" for the noises EVE does in the first few minutes. Why?

I have noticed that streaming services like Disney+ have been doing this for the latest anime shows as cost saving measure, but it's the first time that I see it for a game.
Don't get me wrong, it's great to have as an accessibility feature, but most ppl who use the subtitles only need them for the dialogues to make sure that they aren't missing anything. But anything else is just distracting.
There should be the normal dialogue subs + closed captions as accessibility option.
while many of use use subtitles that way, their main purpose is for accessibility

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Played the demo numerous times and never realized that the section with one bar higher than the other isn't for climbing up, it's for coming down off the roof. There's handholds to get onto that roof that I missed every single time.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
while many of use use subtitles that way, their main purpose is for accessibility
Yes, but there's no excuse to not offer both and this is an outlier that hopefully won't be repeated. It's only the english subs btw.
Imagine if movie disc releases did the same.

Doubt that they'll change it though since I seem to be the only one bothered by it lol.
I might just switch to the german menu/subs and call it a day...

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Curious how the game will perform sales wise, think people could be overestimating this one due to the noise surrounding it.

Demo gave it a nice boost, but it never really broke into the top 15 of the general chart on PS Store in any of the bigger markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and with 2 weeks to go it's actually out of the top 20 in some of them.

To give some perspective, the week after the demo which was when it sold more, it still didn't come close to Rise of the Ronin second week which always placed considerably higher in the general chart.

Unless things change drastically, or the game has a huge physical split, this isn't really going to be a big release. Those games like Rebirth which are multi-million sellers are usually near the top of the charts at this point.

Not saying it'll do bad or anything, since I think for a game like this hitting 1M shortly after launch, similarly to Lies of P which was on 3 platforms and hit that after a month, would be great.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Curious how the game will perform sales wise, think people could be overestimating this one due to the noise surrounding it.

Demo gave it a nice boost, but it never really broke into the top 15 of the general chart on PS Store in any of the bigger markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and with 2 weeks to go it's actually out of the top 20 in some of them.

To give some perspective, the week after the demo which was when it sold more, it still didn't come close to Rise of the Ronin second week which always placed considerably higher in the general chart.

Unless things change drastically, or the game has a huge physical split, this isn't really going to be a big release. Those games like Rebirth which are multi-million sellers are usually near the top of the charts at this point.

Not saying it'll do bad or anything, since I think for a game like this hitting 1M shortly after launch, similarly to Lies of P which was on 3 platforms and hit that after a month, would be great.

It received two separate spikes in preorders. After the State of Play with it's Gameplay Trailer, and after the demo. It topped preorder charts worldwide for over a week before it started falling off. I don't think it'll do gangbusters, but I can see it landing somewhere between 1-2 millions in it's first 30 days.

I don't know how much reviews will affect potential sales.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020

The ovary lights are certainly weird. But, I know why they're there.

If we think of the lights as the ones you find on an airplane runway, they're meant to draw your eyes down to her crotch because we wouldn't be able to tell that she was a woman otherwise if we didn't have those lights to make sure that we all knew that she has a vagina.

/s

Gotta love weird-ass design choices put into place in case you didn't know the obvious.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

If we think of the lights as the ones you find on an airplane runway, they're meant to draw your eyes down to her crotch because we wouldn't be able to tell that she was a woman otherwise if we didn't have those lights to make sure that we all knew that she has a vagina.

/s

Gotta love weird-ass design choices put into place in case you didn't know the obvious.
I like to think they're high tech android versions of the ever important Vagina bones.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why can't you pause during cutscenes?
Also do we know how long the game is going to be?
25 hours for the main story, 30-50 for completionists

lol at dramatically quoting their own company president at the start

That they physically modeled and scanned all the creatures into the game is pretty cool though and the designs have been pretty interesting so far with a strong contrast to Eve herself

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023

/s

Don't forget the small strip of light on her crotch as well. It's small, but it's there!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
25 hours for the main story, 30-50 for completionists

lol at dramatically quoting their own company president at the start

That they physically modeled and scanned all the creatures into the game is pretty cool though and the designs have been pretty interesting so far with a strong contrast to Eve herself
lol I also love how mundane his quote is

"Monsters…

…are scary sometimes"

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is promoting the hell out of this game. I hope it's a sign of confidence because they know how good it is, and not just because it's all they got as others have hinted at.
It's also a very easy game to advertise. "The main character in this game is a half naked woman with a big butt, preorder now". That's really all there is to it and you will probably get over a million sales just off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.