• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Curious how the game will perform sales wise, think people could be overestimating this one due to the noise surrounding it.

Demo gave it a nice boost, but it never really broke into the top 15 of the general chart on PS Store in any of the bigger markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and with 2 weeks to go it's actually out of the top 20 in some of them.

To give some perspective, the week after the demo which was when it sold more, it still didn't come close to Rise of the Ronin second week which always placed considerably higher in the general chart.

Unless things change drastically, or the game has a huge physical split, this isn't really going to be a big release. Those games like Rebirth which are multi-million sellers are usually near the top of the charts at this point.

Not saying it'll do bad or anything, since I think for a game like this hitting 1M shortly after launch, similarly to Lies of P which was on 3 platforms and hit that after a month, would be great.
I don't even understand their comparison. They expect Stellar Blade to have the exact same multiplier as Rebirth? That's completely stupid.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Sony is promoting the hell out of this game. I hope it's a sign of confidence because they know how good it is, and not just because it's all they got as others have hinted at.

in my personal experience, if a company thinks a game isn't going to perform, they just... won't spend the money. sometimes they're contractually obliged to spend some money due to a publishing deal, and you do still want to meet a minimum amount, but there's a point where you're just increasing your losses by spending on advertising for a game that is bad and won't sell. bad games get less advertising (but not none), good games get more advertising (so long as you're still seeing acceptable ROAS)

I don't have their internal numbers, obviously, but a lot of what I can see externally (social media engagement, demo players, pre-orders, etc) would be something I'd guess is fairly positive. and I think the increase in marketing is probably reflecting that

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Curious how the game will perform sales wise, think people could be overestimating this one due to the noise surrounding it.

Demo gave it a nice boost, but it never really broke into the top 15 of the general chart on PS Store in any of the bigger markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and with 2 weeks to go it's actually out of the top 20 in some of them.

To give some perspective, the week after the demo which was when it sold more, it still didn't come close to Rise of the Ronin second week which always placed considerably higher in the general chart.

Unless things change drastically, or the game has a huge physical split, this isn't really going to be a big release. Those games like Rebirth which are multi-million sellers are usually near the top of the charts at this point.

Not saying it'll do bad or anything, since I think for a game like this hitting 1M shortly after launch, similarly to Lies of P which was on 3 platforms and hit that after a month, would be great.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought unreleased games don't show up in overall top 10 games list on PSN?

At least I don't think I've ever seen a game get into that list before its release.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even understand their comparison. They expect Stellar Blade to have the exact same multiplier as Rebirth? That's completely stupid.

That's their question in the article, how many of these players will actually convert into sales.

www.ampereanalysis.com

Stellar Blade demo numbers impress, but will the hype convert to paying players?

Daily active user numbers for the Stellar Blade demo have more than doubled those seen for the FFVII Rebirth demo, but a launch performance matching FFVII is likely a best-case scenario.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought unreleased games don't show up in overall top 10 games list on PSN?

At least I don't think I've ever seen a game get into that list before its release.

They do.

The top 10 you mentioned is the same as the top 10 titles in the general chart:

www.powerpyx.com

Stellar Blade Trophy List Revealed

Stellar Blade Trophy List Revealed (Achievement List). Check out all 43 trophies for Stellar Blade (1 Platinum, 3 Gold, 12 Silver, 27 Bronze).

Multiple endings, nice.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
so I think one of the trophies hints at something that's potentially pretty major?

Revenging Agent
trophy

Defeated 50 enemies in Tachy Mode.

hiding it mostly out of courtesy to anyone who cares about spoilery sorts of things, but... maybe that's tied to the skill tree that's locked in the boss challenge demo? very curious to see what that entails

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
so I think one of the trophies hints at something that's potentially pretty major?

Revenging Agent
trophy

Defeated 50 enemies in Tachy Mode.

hiding it mostly out of courtesy to anyone who cares about spoilery sorts of things, but... maybe that's tied to the skill tree that's locked in the boss challenge demo? very curious to see what that entails

There's a screenshot where we see Eve user her weapon, I think. It might be related to that.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw it in this thread. iirc, it's in one of the trailers and it's one of those blink and you'll miss it type of thing.

I might be absolutely wrong though.

Don't remember seeing anything like that but could've missed it. I do hope it's not just that though (regarding the spoiler).

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I love the demo, but I was a bit turned off by it on the first playthrough. I have to imagine most people played it once and bounced with the impression that it's a great looking game but controls are wonky.
I mean, it's still outselling Star Wars Outlaws and Destiny 2 Final Shape. I think demo has had a very positive effect on the game's reception and overall sales. It's just not outselling the games that are already out.

OP
OP
Super

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Comparing games that are released with games that have not yet been released is never a good idea. Probably get a better picture after release. However looking at preorders on PSN a standard or or digital deluxe version of the game is:

#1 for preorders in 46 countries.
#2 for preorders in 24 countries.
# 3 for preorders in 15 countries.

With digital deluxe being the highest in 44 countries.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Comparing games that are released with games that have not yet been released is never a good idea. Probably get a better picture after release. However looking at preorders on PSN a standard or or digital deluxe version of the game is:

#1 for preorders in 46 countries.
#2 for preorders in 24 countries.
# 3 for preorders in 15 countries.

With digital deluxe being the highest in 44 countries.

Thank you for this. Seems like it is doing pretty well.

www.powerpyx.com

Stellar Blade Trophy List Revealed

Stellar Blade Trophy List Revealed (Achievement List). Check out all 43 trophies for Stellar Blade (1 Platinum, 3 Gold, 12 Silver, 27 Bronze).

No difficulty trophies, so a very PS Studios trophy list.

I know some people like that, but damn I wanted a hard mode trophy. Especially since you unlock Hard Mode after beating the game.

How spoiler heavy is that trophy list?

Do you mean lifetime or a week? I really don't think 5m+ lifetime is unrealistic, but I don't see that happening in a week.

I think the game itself would need to be really good in order for WOM to carry it to 5m. I see first month sales landing around 1.5m+. But beyond that will depend on the game itself.

Maybe over the course of a decade? The game is PS5 exclusive, and comparing sales to like....Lies of P is more the level of what should be looked at.

If the game is really good, and gets a PC port, it's not going to need nearly that long to reach 5 million.

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
Really interested in the game. Outfits are eh, but I think the default and a few others are decent.
Hopefully it gets ported to PC this year.
Korean devs coming from nowhere with these great Soulslikes.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It really doesn't feel like a Soulslike imo.

I dont even consider the gameplay itself (outside the usual trappings like respawning enemies or "estus flask" style healing) what one needs to be a soulslike, what I want is the Souls level design, with the lopps and the opening shortcuts and whatnot. Does this have that?

(I still havent played the demo >_>)

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
I dont even consider the gameplay itself (outside the usual trappings like respawning enemies or "estus flask" style healing) what one needs to be a soulslike, what I want is the Souls level design, with the lopps and the opening shortcuts and whatnot. Does this have that?

It does a little bit in the demo and I can only assume it will be expanded upon in the full game.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I don't know what people mean when they say Soulslike, but the game is similar to me in that I have to watch the enemy movements in order to time perfect parries….and enemies respawn when I rest. Otherwise not so much.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
I don't know what people mean when they say Soulslike, but the game is similar to me in that I have to watch the enemy movements in order to time perfect parries….and enemies respawn when I rest. Otherwise not so much.
It's funny to me when people describe these ideas/mechanics as Soulslike. I get why they do but to me it just reminds me of games I grew up with. I love games that make players pay attention and learn patterns, but it used to be pretty standard and not a peculiarity that earned a sub genre. Sadly too many games now coddle players and let them mash through combat that is more like speed bumps than hurdles. I'm probably just old and grumpy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It had a small amount but it's not clear if it will be a major part of the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
#1 best-seller in Playstation 5 games and #15 overall on Amazon Japan, and that's not even including international sales (since they're restricting pre-orders to Japan only).

That's insane.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw it in this thread. iirc, it's in one of the trailers and it's one of those blink and you'll miss it type of thing.

I might be absolutely wrong though.

You were right.

It's right at the start of the very first trailer, she uses Tachy sword to finish off the boss. I saw this trailer more than a dozen of times and never noticed it lol

www.youtube.com

Project Eve - PlayStation Showcase 2021: First Trailer | PS5

Project Eve is an action-adventure game that takes place in the not-too-distant future on the ruined Earth against unknown enemies.Accompany the powerful her...

Bit of a bummer since this most likely means the "Tachy mode" is using her sword and not actually playing as Tachy.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to be doing a crossover event in NIKKE for this game. Massive free exposure. Game is going to do gangbusters.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Watching the trailers again and noticed something that didn't caught my attention before.

gx1oUrG.png

She has a meter above the items that gets filled as you are attacking. Might be related to the (trophies spoiler) Tachy mode and function like a Devil Trigger/Spartan Rage type of thing.

And also above the Beta skills, the symbol is different. That's your hold triangle ability (Rush) and in the demo the symbol is two arrowheads instead. So seems like you might get a different ability, or maybe it's just a upgraded version.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Watching the trailers again and noticed something that didn't caught my attention before.

gx1oUrG.png

She has a meter above the items that gets filled as you are attacking. Might be related to the (trophies spoiler) Tachy mode and function like a Devil Trigger/Spartan Rage type of thing.

And also above the Beta skills, the symbol is different. That's your hold triangle ability (Rush) and in the demo the symbol is two arrowheads instead. So seems like you might get a different ability, or maybe it's just a upgraded version.

Are you referring to the BU bar above the BE bar? That's Burst. The foot with the speed lines behind it is upgraded dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.