• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
this wasteland theme is extremely my shit, wow

also, after accounting for the usual "streamer is not talking and is literally just a random person who may or may not have any idea what they're doing" tax, game looks pretty good? I don't like open-world games so this would probably be the part I'll like the least, but it still seems pretty enjoyable

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
So I caught this at the last second, but it looks like when Eve dies in the full game it doesn't cut to black super fast anymore. And also she respawned at camp instead of right in front of the enemy like in the demo. Has anyone else who's been watching the stream notice this? I've only been watching for the past few minutes.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still on the fence over getting this game at release or waiting for a discount to hit. The demo left me with lukewarm positive feelings - it feels like it could be a competent action game, but its cribbing so hard from Nier Automata tonally in its intro that its hard for me to forgive.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Watching this stream atm and the music is so Nier lol

Wasteland seems pretty big.

The traversal animations and interactions with enviornment are pretty good. Watching Eve climbing a tower and they look very smooth overall.

Edit: the overworld music just changed after they did a side mission where they activated the tower, and ofc it's another banger. I need that soundtrack asap.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

The traversal animations and interactions with enviornment are pretty good. Watching Eve climbing a tower and they look very smooth overall.

Edit: the overworld music just changed after they did a side mission where they activated the tower, and ofc it's another banger. I need that soundtrack asap.

Soundtrack of the Year seems like it's going to be super competitive. Rebirth is more or less a lock to be in the running, and Stellar Blade is looking extremely strong now. Then there's Re Fantazio later this year.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin

Thanks for the stream link.
The overworld music changing was also in FF 7 Rebirth. Towers seems in as well.
Was the streamer playing on easy mode?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Soundtrack of the Year seems like it's going to be super competitive. Rebirth is more or less a lock to be in the running, and Stellar Blade is looking extremely strong now. Then there's Re Fantazio later this year.

Yup. Rebirth and Metaphor were expected due to their previous games being incredible in that regard, but this one is definitely a nice surprise.

Thanks for the stream link.
The overworld music changing was also in FF 7 Rebirth. Towers seems in as well.
Was the streamer playing on easy mode?

No clue.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
12th position on US psn top sellers now. Not too bad. Will be interesting to see how long the game will stay in top 20.
I think it's easy bet SB will be much more successful than Ronin.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
12th position on US psn top sellers now. Not too bad. Will be interesting to see how long the game will stay in top 20.
I think it's easy bet SB will be much more successful than Ronin.

Has been climbing the charts pretty steadily in the last few days.

Based on Amazon US it'll sell at least double what RotR did, though ofc it's just a single retailer and might not represent the overall picture. We'll have a better idea of how it did on May 29 when Circana charts are out (they'll cover April 7 to May 4, so around a full week of sales).

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
I like everything about this game except the monster designs...

They really make no sense at all. I am not sure if I can make my point come through, but these aliens just dont feel "real". Their anatomy, the "logic" doesnt resemble one of a creature.

I saw some completely batshit crazy designs that make absolutely no sense like moving chainsaw like features incorporated into their flesh and stuff. It feels stupid honestly.

Alien or not, the design needs to make sense in order to make you believe that something like that could be a living thing.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I like everything about this game except the monster designs...

They really make no sense at all. I am not sure if I can make my point come through, but these aliens just dont feel "real". Their anatomy, the "logic" doesnt resemble one of a creature.

I saw some completely batshit crazy designs that make absolutely no sense like moving chainsaw like features incorporated into their flesh and stuff. It feels stupid honestly.

Alien or not, the design needs to make sense in order to make you believe that something like that could be a living thing.
I'm fairly sure it's intentional that they're "unreal" by what they talked about in the design process. I assume it's part of the story why they are seemingly incorporating approximations of Earth objects.

OP
OP
Super

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Oh damn I'll stay up for the review thread
2064-o.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Please score good, I need to play more games that are NOT open world structured.

I had a blast playing the demo, the music and the atmosphere are so beautifully hunting.

Jan 20, 2023
I mean if you played and liked the demo why you care about what scores it gets? You probably gonna enjoy the full game just as much
a game can have a good demo and still have huge overarching issues with the wider design tbf which you might not have any way to perceive in a demo setting.

reviews are still important for that. in fact i'd say that's their most important feature just now, a more holistic full-package look at a game which even playing the game for an hour yourself cant really get you. Sick ass combat but a repetitive grinding mission structure isnt something you'd see until a full review really

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
a game can have a good demo and still have huge overarching issues with the wider design tbf which you might not have any way to perceive in a demo setting.

reviews are still important for that. in fact i'd say that's their most important feature just now, a more holistic full-package look at a game which even playing the game for an hour yourself cant really get you. Sick ass combat but a repetitive grinding mission structure isnt something you'd see until a full review really

I see both sides to this, but you're certainly right. FFXVI might be a the greatest example of a game that had an absolute banger of a demo, whereas the rest of the game fell off a cliff for a lot of people.

That demo had me convinced that FFXVI was going to be a serious GotY contender.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope I read some good things in reviews, I expected jankfest but I actually liked the demo.

Measure

Aug 14, 2020
I see both sides to this, but you're certainly right. FFXVI might be a the greatest example of a game that had an absolute banger of a demo, whereas the rest of the game fell off a cliff for a lot of people.

lol I remember thinking that FFXVI might actually have the pacing of Uncharted 2 based on the demo

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

16's first few hours are pure magic and the demo had me hyped to levels that I think only RDR 2 exceeded.
Was still a great game overall, but yeah, it definitely couldn't keep the level of quality of the demo.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
16's first few hours are pure magic and the demo had me hyped to levels that I think only RDR 2 exceeded.
Was still a great game overall, but yeah, it definitely couldn't keep the level of quality of the demo.

It's amazing how many boxes XVI was ticking for me. It's like they read my mind and made a Final Fantasy specifically for me. But the execution of it was such an unbelievable let down for me.

At least it was a good learning experience about managing expectations.

With Stellar Blade I'm just expecting a very enjoyable 7/10 experience. Games don't have to be a 9/10 or GotY material for me to have a great time with them.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020

For me it was Kingdoms of Amalur. I played that demo over and over just like Stellar Blades, then was hugely disappointed by the full game. Even on its hardest setting, it was too easy, which stripped it of its fun to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.