• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will the review score of Stellar Blade be?

• 95 or higher

Votes: 22 1.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 28 1.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 212 14.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 668 45.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 397 26.8%
  • 70-74

Votes: 95 6.4%
  • Below 70

Votes: 62 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
tbh I'll be surprised if this gets out of the 70s. I know there seems to be some promising mechanics and whatnot, but I just haven't seen enough that would take it over the top. Happy to be wrong though.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, low 80s? 90% of discourse for this game is about the MC design, but it looks like a high production value action game and those tend to score well.

Jan 19, 2022
I'm going with low 80s. I expect it to be mildly divisive at launch, but generally well received, and then mostly forgotten a few months later.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with low 80s. I expect it to be mildly divisive at launch, but generally well received, and then mostly forgotten a few months later.
This is my take too. I'm expecting something similar to Rise of the Ronin or Stranger of Paradise where it's a little divisive but still on the good not great end of the scale and we don't really talk about it again.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I think the score is less meaningful for me than it usually is.
I suspect there to be some lower quality reviews from right wing culture war reviewer on junkier sites who give it excessively high scores to prove a point. And I also suspect a bit of excessive harshness from a few outlets that score the game a bit too harshly because of the MC design.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Except clearly it's not what Era believes based on the dogpile you are contributing to?
Yeah, but that's what that user (Swatter) probably thought with that gross post lol. Sad that these threads bring out such toxic comments from some folks. But, like you mention, it's good that most of Era isn't like that.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but that's what that user (Swatter) probably thought with that gross post lol. Sad that these threads bring out such toxic comments from some folks. But, like you mention, it's good that most of Era isn't like that.
It just irks me to no end when one person posts something then 20+ people reply with stuff like "typical era" or "this is why people hate era". Like... Do the math lol.

Steven35

Oct 28, 2017
United kingdom

Played the demo and liked it but didn't love it.The parrying thing got on my nerves a bit.Combat was pretty solid though,and I liked the fact you could do some decent combos.

Last edited:

SnakeEater

Oct 31, 2017
I think it'll do fine. Also, don't agree with some posters that we should build the prediction based on Lies of P score. I would rate that nothingburger chunk of SB demo higher than that game personally 🤷‍♂️

StayHandsome

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Guessed low 80s. Production values are high, has some hallmarks of industry darling games from the past decade, and looks to be pretty buttoned up in terms of systems.

The atrocious character designs and derivative setting will probably keep it out of the high 80s. I suspect there will be some reviewers who battle with the dilemma of wanting to dock the game points for being pathetic boner-bait without inciting too much rage and harassment from you-know-who. Not mentioning it but docking points secretly is doing a disservice to the readers who can make that decision for themselves whether that puts them off from the game or not.

Has any game ever drawn out so much meta-discussion about this forum than SB?

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure Mitch is reviewing for IGN so we might get precisely one review that realises beta chain is the point of the game

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Predicting an overall metascore of 76-79. I think critical reception will be mixed. If it scores 80 or more, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I played the demo and had fun with it. It's impossible for me to judge just from that, because it's such a tiny part of the game.

scatrapper

Nov 25, 2021
78. Played the demo until the first boss. Can't say it's like a hunderd other games out there. But it's based on 10 minutes of game.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJWa0Me5oA
www.games.ch

Stellar Blade - Test / Review - Weniger Sexfaktor wäre besser gewesen!

Gelungenes Skandal-Game oder überhypter "Souls"-Klon "Stellar Blade" sorgte bereits vor Release für mächtig Wirbel. Im Test zeigt sich, ob das Actionspiel auch in Sachen Gameplay überzeugen kann..

First Review they gave it a 85%
The title of the review: "Less Sex Factor would've been better!"

gk9Smro.png

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Should I make the review thread now that a review has been posted or just wait for the embargo?

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
stellar blade review from spanish gaming website, isnt available yet but this is what the title says "If you DIDN'T had faith, you were WRONG. STELLAR BLADE analysis" , i think it will get a good review from that website as well

d1.png

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
Quite curious to see what reviews look like. The demo soured me pretty quickly on the game, but I might keep give the game a chance if reviews are good.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
after reading some previews (which i never trust because one review says "this game is so good" and then the final review is "7. It's an ok game" lol) the game should be in the mid 80's maybe? Let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.