Status
Not open for further replies.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Sad part is Trump will have plenty of time till November to brainwash people into voting for him again. He might even use the inevitable market gains around that time to his advantage.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wouldn't that happen with population decrease/flatlining? AKA what will happen in the next 20-100 years.
(I'm not that poster) Perhaps. Consider inflation. Prices go up yearly, means revenue goes up, and even if their costs go up the same %, that's a higher amount of earnings for the same number of shares, therefore higher stock prices at the same price multiple.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Fed is doing yeoman's work, trying to hold the dam from bursting. Purchasing Municipals, 1 trillion in daily repos, they are not just trying to prop up the US, trying to keep the global financial system stitched together.
Yet I'm sure our Twitter in Chief will still complain about them. It truly is amazing what the Fed is doing right now. Whatever it takes indeed. Hopefully it is enough.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad part is Trump will have plenty of time till November to brainwash people into voting for him again. He might even use the inevitable market gains around that time to his advantage.
I'm not so sure the economy is going to recover by November if we haven't even seen the worst of this pandemic so far.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Final half hour of trading for the week. Time to see if T0M's quadruple witching movement is enough to push us towards positive gains.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Population shuffling will have people from poorer countries moving to bigger ones, creating population growth where economic centers are located.

Global population is estimated to reach its peak around or a bit after year 2100. Relying on immigration will no longer be a viable option then.

www.statista.com

World population - forecast until 2100 | Statista

Before 2025, the world's total population is expected to reach eight billions.

It's probably not going to be relevant in our lifetime, but eventually we have to figure out a way to do economics that doesn't rely on population growth.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
It's also options expiry weekend, so that might have something to do with the price action yesterday and today.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Global population is estimated to reach its peak around or a bit after year 2100. Relying on immigration will no longer be a viable option then.
It's probably not going to be relevant in our lifetime, but eventually we have to figure out a way to do economics that doesn't rely on population growth.
cant we just invent smaller humans

keep making humans half the size every 100 years so population can increase without overtaxing the planet

Min

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to note that there are cases like these:

People are walking around with a cough and stuffy nose who are positive. Regular people with these types of minor symptoms are not being tested. These people are going to spread the disease if they do not self-quarantine.

This is day 8 after testing positive for the mayor of Miami. It may worsen, it may not. He's been largely asymptomatic at this point.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
We won't be able to return completely to normal until after a vaccine is made. Even if we get a cure, it takes time and energy to produce it and we will still need to make sure that cases don't get out of hand. And the economy will take much longer than that to recover.

We are going to be in mostly lock down for the next 2 months, and even after that we will have to continue to practice social distancing and taking temps and targeted quarantines based on tests.

AKA people won't be forgetting this any time soon.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
No rally today.. Its going down hard... 2 days of bad news over the weekend.....

Monday we could be seeing 17k numbers.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Goes to show, this kind of thing is impossible to accurately forecast. If there were a way to reliably predict which direction the stock market will go, even if marginally better than 50% success rate, then machine learning would've already done it. I'm sure almost everybody who's studied data science has tried it; it's in all the textbooks.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
resized_99265-financial-markets-wal_jenk_24-19149_t800.jpg

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least this week will be flat. Bought some microsoft today. I fully expect MS and Apple to buy some companies when the stock drop more.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Really does feel like we'll see under 10k in a few weeks, this market is crazy. I know everyone said that's impossible, but to me it feels like we're entering uncharted waters ahead.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah T0M plan didn't work out today but it wasn't a bad plan. Market is trying to turn right now but I can't remember the last time the market has no fuel to turn, even when it is massively oversold. It is pretty amazing to watch.

I still believe the market will have a bear market rally once we have the smallest amount of good news, but who knows how long that will be at this point.

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
Yeah T0M plan didn't work out today but it wasn't a bad plan. Market is trying to turn right now but I can't remember the last time the market has no fuel to turn, even when it is massively oversold. It is pretty amazing to watch.
I think the plan was lost once the individual states started announcing lock down , if they did it on Saturday his plan had a good shot of working

Status
Not open for further replies.