Status
Not open for further replies.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Market is down again. Still holding out too. If it drops again on Monday, my limit order will execute.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely feels like a lot of people in general are just assuming a miracle cure will appear sooner than later.
This. This sitation is unprecidented and I think the reality has totally not set in. When you are shutting down major cities for the next few weeks, this is major. And if this needs to continue through fall, this is going to get worse.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
cAugALY.png

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
It didn't work boys! Lost $3.5k, but you win some you lose some. No point obsession over fails, I got 10 SPY puts 220 expiring 4/17.

Monday is gonna be bloody red, trust me.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sold all of my investments in VFIAX when it hit $235 a week ago. Seems like by the time I'm ready to put money back into the market, I will have saved myself a lot in losses. It felt terrible because I had bought in at $300 a month before.

I had no choice but to pull out because I needed the cash on hand given the uncertainty of job security and the virus spreading.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 95% certain this is actually going to happen and there's going to be severe social and economic pressure to get it as soon as you can. I also believe this has a 50%-60% chance of going poorly.
I feel like Fauci getting fired would be a sign of that. Until then, I'm confident that he's preventing the very stupidest possible decisions from going through.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Fauci getting fired would be a sign of that. Until then, I'm confident that he's preventing the very stupidest possible decisions from going through.
The whole admin is a revolving door. I'm sure people will show Trump the facepalm pic enough times to get his tiny trigger finger itchy. Trump himself is a snakeoil man. He will get a lot of people killed.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Monday likely to be bad unless Trump pumps Sunday night somehow. Government stimulus could be that pump.

I think the plan was lost once the individual states started announcing lock down , if they did it on Saturday his plan had a good shot of working
Yeah this doesn't help though the market didn't move much on the Illinois shut down news. It seemed to move more after this:

www.cnbc.com

Clearing firm Ronin Capital unable to meet capital requirements at CME: Sources

The move forced the CME to step in and invoke its emergency protocols to auction off the portfolios.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
9fkj6cf.png

Dope. Tomorrow's play:

Loaded up on SPY calls deep OTM. Tomorrow is gonna open red, but at the end there's gonna be a short squeeze resulting from all the put options exercising at the same time, driving up SPY's price. At that time, I'm gonna quickly sell those calls and all-in on puts, because Monday is guaranteed to be blood red.

Time to make some M A D money, oh baby.

I lost 17k attempting this same thing. Lol

Well similar. 3/23 236

Praying for a pop Monday

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Okay so - my job today, which has a retail arm although we're a tech outfit, announced they were laying off/furloughing about 70% of the retail staff, and I honestly expect this to go up in the coming week, and ultimately bleed over into tech.

I keep taking a look into some of the local businesses around me (i'm a small business owner myself - although my area is all in tech/game dev) and I keep seeing just how much the local economy/small businesses are being hammered. Honestly, i'm seeing stores close earlier than 6PM cause they just can't afford it, and most of the people I know are gonna likely be closing stores most days until this blows over.

The last few weeks have felt like years. And everyone keeps saying - its going to get worse. And normally, I was basically leaning towards this winding up leaning towards the average-case scenario in terms of damage and recovery time, versus some of the worst case scenarios. Now, barring a miracle treatment showing up in the next 2-3 weeks, this is simply gonna be social reality until mid-summer, maybe longer. And theres simply no way the economy doesn't continue to just crater. Its not gonna begin to recover until some form of normalcy comes up, and I really don't think thats possible given the current conditions.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Does anyone think it'll drop Monday? I have been DCA where I can. Plan to Buy some Microsoft at 135, and buying VTI since its lower than what I bought it in 2016.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
oof. You expecting good news over the weekend?

You might get a decent chance to cut your losses... but theta will be ticking away. I would make peace with the fact that you're going to lose money.

shrug, the last two mondays we've had pops and we've had zero good news over the weekend

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wiat, you actually held on to your calls over the weekend? Guh. Why didnt you hedge and buy some puts?

i've got puts as well but those have an expiry that is further out... as for the 3/23 spy calls I really wracked my brain on if I should sell for the final 30 minutes but I held them. I feel like they won't be able to let it slide drastically on monday (I feel like = I hope) and with a little pop i'll be itm (and profitable with being within range)

we'll see

send thoughts and prayers and toilet paper

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is now a good time to start getting some stocks? Been trying to figure a good time to jump in lol.
There's no "perfect" moment. Stocks are likely to go down more before this is all over, but then again maybe a miracle cure is discovered out of the blue and the market surges back to 30K. If you invest now, you'll likely see some volatility and your investment value may fall, but if you are willing to wait ( and I mean for years and years), you'll probably be happy you bought in instead of being afraid and missing the opportunity altogether.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
oof. You expecting good news over the weekend?

You might get a decent chance to cut your losses... but theta will be ticking away. I would make peace with the fact that you're going to lose money.

Yeah I dont know what people are expecting. The US is not doing nearly enough to contain this. China's expert visit Italy and politely said they're fucking idiots for allowing people to roam as they want

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I dont know what people are expecting. The US is not doing nearly enough to contain this. China's expert visit Italy and politely said they're fucking idiots for allowing people to roam as they want

Don't get me wrong, I think we're absolutely fucked. We've got systematic collapse painted on the walls.

However, we won't be and haven't gone down in a straight line, more of a slinky going down the stairs.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Does any know the corporate debt issue enough to comment on it? Been reading some and it sounds scary as hell and somewhat similar to the subprime crisis in 2008 with how risky debt is repackaged into securities and sold. What if corona causes all the companies with this debt to fail? Does the whole thing come apart like 2008 or is it different?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Does any know the corporate debt issue enough to comment on it? Been reading some and it sounds scary as hell and somewhat similar to the subprime crisis in 2008 with how risky debt is repackaged into securities and sold. What if corona causes all the companies with this debt to fail? Does the whole thing come apart like 2008 or is it different?
Basically from what I'm understanding is that many businesses are surviving on cash flow and all the easy credit right now because of the near zero interest. Even the bad ones. So it won't take much of a push to make it all crash down.

Every recession/depression has this pattern of investors putting money in risky investments and then they start believing in their own shit. Then it all comes crashing down. Identifying that bubble is key but it's hard to do without hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.