• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zerokingx

Oct 29, 2017
There are bosses from 2 areas shown here if you wanna avoid spoilers

Being Behemoth in FFXV area and Kraken in FF7 area although only see the fight in third link below

From Japan Playstation account and others:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dammit XV content? I was trying so hard to avoid this game due to funds. Now I'm really itching to get it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
That's weird - I thought that that is what it was being marketed as (FF1 prequel/side-reboot thing)

It's been somewhat confusing in that regard, because the marketing pivoted once people realized that Jack was actually Chaos, and they embraced that openly instead of hiding it. But it seems like it's not necessarily going to be a straightforward 'this is how Chaos came to be' as I think they originally wanted to market it as, and it's more of this quasi-retelling, quasi-prequel type of thing that references the seires history as a whole

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
It's been somewhat confusing in that regard, because the marketing pivoted once people realized that Jack was actually Chaos, and they embraced that openly instead of hiding it. But it seems like it's not necessarily going to be a straightforward 'this is how Chaos came to be' as I think they originally wanted to market it as, and it's more of this quasi-retelling, quasi-prequel type of thing that references the seires history as a whole
That kindof story-plotting sounds…chaotic.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020

dam i missed all of that i literally was still thinking this was a FF1 subplot/prequel

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So the game seems to reuse alot of assets. I wonder how long this has been in development, must be pretty short.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know about the levels based on locations from other FF games. Cute gimmick, interested in seeing what V, VI, and IX get.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Praying they fixed the performance by launch. Played both the PS5 and XSX version and the game was looking kind of rough. The tutorial grass area was not a looker on any platform/setting and it's like the first thing you see lol.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a fan of when Square does these types of member berries things, which they've been doing A LOT lately. And this is not just a gripe on this game, when they did it with The After Years. You got parts of Brave Exvius. You got Dissidia and World of Final Fantasy, and lots of stuff in FFXIV. I know, people like that shit, but I'm only speakin' for myself and I think it's just too much. Just do original stuff, new FF worlds, new characters, and at the most, a returning special boss (Gilgamesh), an older boss becoming a new summon (like Atmos, Typhon, Magus Sisters), or reusing the name of a location (Mysidia).

The only thing about the Behemoth video that REALLY makes me bummed out is that I would've LOVED it if the final dungeon In FFXV WAS the Insomnia Citadel.

So what is that area? Is it supposed to be SoP's Castle of Ordeals?

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
ah, i saw that spoilered video yesterday and was so confused on what the area was based off of. makes sense, wasn't familiar with the throne room.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I've been genuinely excited for this game since it was announced, and it's just becoming more and more hype for me.

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
Legit hyped for this, going through older FF games zones will be amazing.

Here's FF7 and FF12 if some people missed it, this is definitely going to be FF Fanservice: The Game and I can't fucking wait

Stranger-of-Paradise-Final-Fantasy-Origin_2022_01-24-22_022.jpg

Stranger-of-Paradise-Final-Fantasy-Origin_2022_01-24-22_023.jpg

Really? Which are was it based on?

There's also FF13 music!

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Between this and Elden Ring, I'm set for the rest of the year. Holy shit I can't wait for this.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sastasha being the choice for a FF14 level is… a choice. Would've been cool if they had chosen Alexander or something. I feel like FFXIV keeps getting screwed over in these sorts of games lol. The arena in Dissidia was Porta Decumana… a freaking circle.

Nice! Loved that area.
It was very cool in the demo. They even had a system where you changed the weather during gameplay to make it rain (or not) like in FF13. Excited to see what other details they include for the other areas.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know about the levels based on locations from other FF games. Cute gimmick, interested in seeing what V, VI, and IX get.

I had thought the pirate cave was based on FFV, but I guess the air palace is Ronka Ruins which I would not have all expected visually. I guess that will mostly be told via the music and boss fights. I assume the volcano is now based on 9 which was based on 1 in the first place.

I can imagine them adapting the canoe world chunk to be a raft ride to tribute 6.

of all the things they could have picked, thuogh :(

They have to adapt parts of FF1 that are decent matches. As it adapting FF1 requires ~20-30 stages, which is a lot.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This was posted today. Gives a nice rundown at what has been shown so far:
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/124...sed-on-other-classic-ff-locations-heres-which
What I'm curious about is that if the other areas have music from other FFs mixed in like the FFXIII level. I could not tell from the video posted in the OP due to the commentary.

They almost certainly are based on old soundtracks. Almost every song we've heard so far is based on a previous FF game in some way. Mostly 1, but we've also heard an obscure track from FF7R.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am still shocked how much this game went from ultimate meme material to a game that looks really good.