• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Faith in Fate

Oct 27, 2017
She is worth millions, she is one of the founders of the biggest org
How does she not have "people" for stuff like this

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't seem to be backtracking. She said the company did internal studies that blue light protection works and that she saw the research with her own eyes. Still, the company told her they couldn't release the research because other companies would steal the ingredients they patented. She also said she's disappointed because she didn't know they couldn't release the research and now she feels like she has to defend the product and say "Just believe me" when the company won't show their evidence.

Also, she seemed to have thrown a bunch of her streamer friends under the bus saying nobody reached out to her asking about the website, and she thinks they all just assumed it was a scam and there was no research.

so they filed a patent...to keep their secrets secret?

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
She could have just stopped talkin about the blue light nonsense and focused on it as a normal skin care product. Why hammer this point home...

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Also I was surprised about this
She was the one who presented the idea of blue light to the company. I thought it was the other way around

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
She started the stream by throwing big names like Pokimane and Hasan under the bus and it has gotten a million times worse with the tripling down on the "studies". She isn't going to come back from this.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
She could have just stopped talkin about the blue light nonsense and focused on it as a normal skin care product. Why hammer this point home...
Because she's not in control of making decisions like that and the point of snake-oil products like these is to make up a fake issue and then sell people the cure.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
She started the stream by throwing big names like Pokimane and Hasan under the bus and it has gotten a million times worse with the tripling down on the "studies". She isn't going to come back from this.

lol she's going to be fine. this is all funny and what not but it's hardly going to end her streaming career

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody to stop her and it wasn't a planned stream, two very big mistakes

No doubt. Maybe I shouldn't but I feel bad for her now. She seems way over her head and is just making things worse for herself.

Because she's not in control of making decisions like that and the point of snake-oil products like these is to make up a fake issue and then sell people the cure.

I mean, I get that, she's just the marketing piece, but you'd think the company would have see the response and flipped the script. No one is buying this blue light nonsense, but I'm sure its a fine moisturizer. This could have been salvageable maybe even 24 hours ago. But we're off the rails now, buddy!

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
She really did? Any clips?
<just got here now>

Just go to her channel on Youtube she,s live right now and on Youtube you can just go back on the stream

She's being really disingenuous right now.

"I'm not saying the company tricked me"

"I'm not throwing people under the bus I'm just sharing my experience"

and she did the streamer apology sigh.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
She is playing the victim hard on her stream and even blaming other people for not being "good friends" by not defending her scam product. Studies can't be published btw just believe her btw lul.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Twitch chat spamming DFLCT lol
appropriate.

This stream is unreal. She is playing the victim hard and even blaming other people for not being "good friends" by not defending her scam product. Studies can't be published btw just believe her btw lul.
it's quite something. I absolutely didn't see the triple-down coming.

I was hoping/expecting that she would say she didn't realize it hadn't been peer-reviewed and that after speaking with a variety of experts in the field, it looks like this isn't a direction to take her product line, so she'd be going with something else.

Instead...welp.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
She is worth millions, she is one of the founders of the biggest org
How does she not have "people" for stuff like this

Because it's likely a scam.

No shade to this streamer, because I don't lknow her specifically. But for the folks who follow the skincare industry, a lot of this shit is an OBVIOUS scam. The burden of proof required to show that these celebrities don't know the scam they're getting into is near impossible to meet these days.

One of my favorite YouTubers just posted a video about this:

I realize a lot of gamers might not have been introduced to this racket until now, but welcome to the conversation.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's at the point where you can pick apart everything she's saying, these unplanned apology things always go this way, she's trying to be genuine but bad shit gets out in ways she might not realize, just spiraling around an apology to avoid getting fucked by a contract

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part was her mentioning they begin having it in stores monday, hell of a product launch

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's at the point where you can pick apart everything she's saying, these unplanned apology things always go this way, she's trying to be genuine but bad shit gets out in ways she might not realize, just spiraling around an apology to avoid getting fucked by a contract
Those studies must be fucking magical

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017

It's an amazing train wreck. She started going down a list of friends who did and didn't contact her, then later she got asked why she was listing friends and throwing them under the bus and she said she never did. She flat out said Jackskepticeye never contacted her 5 minutes before that lol.

But she saw the research with her own eyeballs and it's true guys.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I am fully expecting the research they come up with to be similar to the anti-vax research. If someone used RFLCT and they didn't die then that means they were successfully saved from blue light.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
She's slowly losing it on stream she's really opening herself up to lawsuits not only that company but the customers.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
dig-up.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yea.

But regardless of any misspeaking, the bottom line is she's quadrupling down on pseudoscience and trying to pass off real research. Research that she's not trained enough in understanding to discern real from bullshit and accepting the results of this "research" as all that is needed to justify her product existing.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I found some clips with Mizkif viewing the stream

Studies can't be publicized
clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

About Hasan
clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

I've seen studies vs your 1 minute google
clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Last edited:

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
She's basically sending her stans to attack the people that didn't defend her scam product. That's really bad.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
People at that level of popularity should all have a PR person or at least a firm or at least something at the ready that can just spam the fuck out of them when they do something like that.

She is furiously destroying her reputation and probably going to have legal issues

She's basically sending her stans to attack the people that didn't defend her scam product. That's really bad.

Yeeeeeep, weaponizing the fanbase.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
She keeps like, dancing around Co-Founder, to she pitched the idea, to she's just the face, this is spiraling
I think the people who pitched the company to her really ran one over on her. They gave her the "Cofounder" title but didn't give her any share of the company and her being the cofounder greatly helps their marketing. Additionally, the other cofounders said she's the one who thought of the blue light idea (Something she's said on stream) so if something goes wrong they can blame it on her as a cofounder and not just some influencer.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
People at that level of popularity should all have a PR person or at least a firm or at least something at the ready that can just spam the fuck out of them when they do something like that.

She is furiously destroying her reputation and probably going to have legal issues

Yeeeeeep, weaponizing the fanbase.

I can't believe she doesn't have pr people that would have prevented this. This is wild.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
She really needs her manager to end her stream for her lol.

"You saw god but can't tell anyone" holy shit

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Because it's likely a scam.

No shade to this streamer, because I don't lknow her specifically. But for the folks who follow the skincare industry, a lot of this shit is an OBVIOUS scam. The burden of proof required to show that these celebrities don't know the scam they're getting into is near impossible to meet these days.

One of my favorite YouTubers just posted a video about this:

I realize a lot of gamers might not have been introduced to this racket until now, but welcome to the conversation.

I'm so used to the celebrity/influencer beauty stuff by now that I'm actually surprised this is a big deal? Because it does happen quite a lot, and as this is a product that is still going to be good for the skin (it's still a moisturiser at the end of the day) and doesn't actually harm the skin or people in general which a frightening amount of influencer marketing/products now can defo do (fuck goop and the whole "natural" trend, just ugh) that this is really barely anything to me? I don't know if it actually is a big deal or if the current beauty influencer sector has just warped my viewpoint.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yea.

But regardless of any misspeaking, the bottom line is she's quadrupling down on pseudoscience and trying to pass off real research. Research that she's not trained enough in understanding to discern real from bullshit and accepting the results of this "research" as all that is needed to justify her product existing.
There's no backtracking on what's being said on her part, it's just sad to see her dig a hole like this when it's clear what's going on here