• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Gief I could accept on his own but Sim and Honda really need to be paired with someone else
Wish granted. They'll be paired with Blanka.

On a more serious note, for whatever reservations I may have about the selection of returning characters, at least all of them will have wholly new designs this time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish granted. They'll be paired with Blanka.

On a more serious note, for whatever reservations I may have on the selection of returning characters, at least all of them will have wholly new designs this time.

I'm actually kinda interested in seeing Blanka for some reason. Can't believe I'm even saying that but yeah lol

And agreed on the last part, I really couldn't have handled another game with Gief/Chun/Ryu etc having the same designs. I honestly think a big part of my disdain for Gief came from him being revealed for 5 and just looking exactly the same.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I really want fei long back seeing as he's one of the only SFII characters not on the roster. I miss my rekka characters in SFV, and I'm also really interested in seeing what they'd do with his design since they've done such an amazing job redesigning everybody else. The actual Bruce Lee had tremendous drip when he was alive, but I'd love to see what Capcom would do with the street wear + traditional combat wear that they are doing a great with with SF6.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a chance!

View: https://twitter.com/JustAKidd55/status/1560882343161827330
Yeah its real!
www.youtube.com

IGN gamescom Studio 2022 Day 2: Street Fighter 6, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and More!

IGN's gamescom Studio rolls on with even more looks at some of the biggest games at gamescom 2022. Tune in starting at 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CESTDay 2 of IGN...

I'm going to assume this is just them showing the demo build being played. MAYBE Kim and Juri gameplay if we're really really lucky.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting Russian skies to be protected (at most), but ready and willing for anything (especially if it's some juicy new gameplay footage)

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been like zero promotion of gamescom on the street fighter twitter so I would be extremely surprised if there's a new reveal there.

TGS will be the next round of new stuff.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

mohansingh

Aug 17, 2022
Why is Viper listed as having her last appearance as MvC3 and not USFIV?

Welcome to the forum!
for me it's like, her UMVC3 version is the most recent VERSION of her I guess, it's also why I don't list Sodom as last appearance SF Alpha 3 Double Upper or SF Alpha 3 MAX. I guess using UMVC3 instead of MVC3 is kinda counter to that logic, but UMVC3 had so many new assets and played so differently, whereas ULTRA SF4 mostly just added W Ultra and 4 'new' characters ported from SF x Tekken. to me it's 'either', 'or', I consider both relevant, but maybe it's because the Ultimate community is still playing, still elevating characters, that Marvel's C Viper feels like the most recent and the most relevant.

you are CORRECT tho. USFIV is the fr last appearance so I'll change it to that! I WAS WRONG TO BE SO BRAZEN.

Marvel Viper best Viper tho

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I also concur that Viper was much better as a MvC character compared to her SF self. I loved her in MvC3, barely touched her in SFIV

Dragonfave723

Nov 16, 2018
I told you guys 6 days ago that there will be a solo trailer at Gamescom, and I still believe that :P

www.resetera.com

Street Fighter 6 Discussion/Speculation Thread News - Capcom

I think both of those are examples of people shitting on games that don't deserve the reputation they have. Both are fun games that stand up today but are largely ignored. Heck to me the biggest issue for infinite is no Xmen and that largely affects the narrative of the game.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I told you guys 6 days ago that there will be a solo trailer at Gamescom, and I still believe that :P

www.resetera.com

Street Fighter 6 Discussion/Speculation Thread News - Capcom

I think both of those are examples of people shitting on games that don't deserve the reputation they have. Both are fun games that stand up today but are largely ignored. Heck to me the biggest issue for infinite is no Xmen and that largely affects the narrative of the game.
Sooner or later someone needs to be revealed alone and bring us back to an even number of revealed characters so maybe.
(Though I'm thinking they'll save the honor for Ken when everyone else is revealed)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMG_1828.jpg

We in there

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Played about three matches so far. I don't think it's going to be my favourite game in the series or anything but it's really good, strong potential for best 3D SF. Feels most similar to 5 but in the words of Luce, it just feels like 5 but better. I'm super excited to see how they're going to add to it with future characters but already it feels like it has more of an idea of what it wants to be than 5 ever did imo

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Played about three matches so far. I don't think it's going to be my favourite game in the series or anything but it's really good, strong potential for best 3D SF. Feels most similar to 5 but in the words of Luce, it just feels like 5 but better. I'm super excited to see how they're going to add to it with future characters but already it feels like it has more of an idea of what it wants to be than 5 ever did imo
Who did you play?

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played Jamie, he's really fun once you mess around with him. I'll play him more ofc but him and Ryu are the best so far. I'll have to play Chun the next time I line up.

Also here's some cool artwork they have here;

IMG_1837.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
props on capcom for giving as many chances to play the game at events as they can.

To me it just shows how confident they are in it which is great to see. The build they've been using is still clearly early (the textures on the car in the metro city haven't loaded in sometimes as an example) but it's still a load of fun and imo in a great spot atm.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To me it just shows how confident they are in it which is great to see. The build they've been using is still clearly early (the textures on the car in the metro city haven't loaded in sometimes as an example) but it's still a load of fun and imo in a great spot atm.
On top of that, not all of the English lip-synching is there right now. Not to mention that some parts of the background disappear during Level 3 supers. But Capcom has time to iron these kinks out.

00Quan[T]

Banned
May 12, 2022

They want to gather as much feedback as they can too, I believe the beta build will be vastly different from this one based on the feedback they receive.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They want to gather as much feedback as they can too, I believe the beta build will be vastly different from this one based on the feedback they receive.

Yeah that's a very good point, I'm sure they're going to balance things a lot based on the feedback from this build and the places they're taking it too. Fwiw I've been listening to people while waiting to play and everyone is really positive about the game. I've heard almost no negative comments or criticism towards it.

00Quan[T]

Banned
May 12, 2022
Yeah that's a very good point, I'm sure they're going to balance things a lot based on the feedback from this build and the places they're taking it too. Fwiw I've been listening to people while waiting to play and everyone is really positive about the game. I've heard almost no negative comments or criticism towards it.

This is surely the SF we deserved, I believe they will polish it all around, animations and stuff. There isn't a clear negative for the game, so they will push forward with the features, making them better or just making tweaks to see how people react to them.

One feature I don't see many people talk about is the drive parry, I believe this is one area they will tweak most until launch.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me and a couple others just had a brief conversation with Matt Edwards, some choice quotes that were interesting;

Later down the line they're doing another 'expanded build' which I assume means more characters.

Luke's design in 6 predated his one in 5 (obvious I know but nice for some confirmation).

The base roster is 'sizeable' and he doesn't think people will be disappointed.

As far as he knows there's no announcement at Gamescom, just the demo.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Me and a couple others just had a brief conversation with Matt Edwards, some choice quotes that were interesting;

Later down the line they're doing another 'expanded build' which I assume means more characters.

Luke's design in 6 predated his one in 5 (obvious I know but nice for some confirmation).

Appreciate the tidbits! Glad to see they'll have another expanded build at some point (maybe TGS?).

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the heads up.

00Quan[T]

Banned
May 12, 2022

Good stuff, this expanded build should be the Beta or tie right into it.

Sizeable roster huh... could this be a way to say that it'll be a good size, but not "leaks" big?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Thanks for the intel, I'm guessing that "expanded" build will coincide with the beta.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

I hope the "expanded" build is a beta/alpha of some sort. It isn't fair for them to keep putting out demos that most people won't be able to play.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Sizeable roster huh... could this be a way to say that it'll be a good size, but not "leaks" big?
Well, he's either incredibly naïve to think people won't be disappointed with a roster smaller than the leak hypothetically (edited because he may not really know for sure either way), or he's implying it is indeed the base roster.

Last edited:

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, he's either incredibly naïve to think people won't be disappointed with a roster smaller than the leak hypothetically (edited because he may not really know for sure either way), or he's implying it is indeed the base roster.

Yeah, I think that was his way of acknowledging that the leaked roster is the base roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.