Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think that was his way of acknowledging that the leaked roster is the base roster.

It was said in a way where I immediately assumed he was talking about the leak being the base roster. It wasn't until I posted it here that I realised he could have been meaning more than the leak, but I do not think that's the case.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It was said in a way where I immediately assumed he was talking about the leak being the base roster. It wasn't until I posted it here that I realised he could have been meaning more than the leak, but I do not think that's the case.
By the sounds of it - I interpret as "yeah the roster is the leaked list". But that's just me. Definitely doesnt sound like they'd have less than that, definitely not to the same small number that V had.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

I also figured as much.

He probably can't outright say it, but yeah. The leaked roster is our initial roster and those who didn't make the cut are likely going to be DLC choices post launch.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played about six matches as Luke by this point and anyone who says he's a replacement for Sean is talking out their ass, they're completely different

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i hope that create-a-character lets me make some digusting playstyles. let me make the street fighter equivalent to dbfz broly.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for the tidbits, Scotia.

for me it's like, her UMVC3 version is the most recent VERSION of her I guess, it's also why I don't list Sodom as last appearance SF Alpha 3 Double Upper or SF Alpha 3 MAX. I guess using UMVC3 instead of MVC3 is kinda counter to that logic, but UMVC3 had so many new assets and played so differently, whereas ULTRA SF4 mostly just added W Ultra and 4 'new' characters ported from SF x Tekken. to me it's 'either', 'or', I consider both relevant, but maybe it's because the Ultimate community is still playing, still elevating characters, that Marvel's C Viper feels like the most recent and the most relevant.

you are CORRECT tho. USFIV is the fr last appearance so I'll change it to that! I WAS WRONG TO BE SO BRAZEN.

Marvel Viper best Viper tho
Ah, okay. That's fine. Welcome to the site.

Oct 25, 2017
At least, we have this in the game.

RPEspDP.png
Made me spit my drink, amazing

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
In the end, if we dont get anything new at Gamescom next week, its not like TGS is going to be that far off.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me and a couple others just had a brief conversation with Matt Edwards, some choice quotes that were interesting;

Later down the line they're doing another 'expanded build' which I assume means more characters.

Luke's design in 6 predated his one in 5 (obvious I know but nice for some confirmation).

The base roster is 'sizeable' and he doesn't think people will be disappointed.

As far as he knows there's no announcement at Gamescom, just the demo.
Good lookin out

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
omg people really wont stop worrying about the roster until the game is out lol. Everything in that leak art is in at launch. People need to realize that 22 characters is basically SFV launch roster plus season 1. And we all know SFV was rushed out. Its safe to say that 22 was most likely the original plan for SFV. Now we just have to wait for TGS (For Gief trailer to drop out during Gamescom)

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
omg people really wont stop worrying about the roster until the game is out lol. Everything in that leak art is in at launch. People need to realize that 22 characters is basically SFV launch roster plus season 1. And we all know SFV was rushed out. Its safe to say that 22 was most likely the original plan for SFV. Now we just have to wait for TGS (For Gief trailer to drop out during Gamescom)

It's just concern trolling. It costs them nothing to be wrong, because we won't even remember it, but on the off chance they're right they'll get to be smug and say we were all fools for ever believing Capcom would give us 22 characters at launch.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
It's just concern trolling. It costs them nothing to be wrong, because we won't even remember it, but on the off chance they're right they'll get to be smug and say we were all fools for ever believing Capcom would give us 22 characters at launch.
That's literally all they care about lol. That slight chance at being right on some wild claim just to have people eat crow. Shit makes no sense.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I would hope those who are truly insincere in their concerns about the roster size aren't too attached to the Alpha or SFIII casts, because the smaller the base roster is, the greater the number of already leaked characters that have to be slotted into the first season of DLC.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the game. Right. NOW. Not next year.

edit:
Random thought

The air kikosho makes me want to finally main chun-li after all these years. I think this is the first time she has ever been able to do that. This includes crossover games if I am recalling correctly. It's so sick.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guile should be able to do Sonic Hurricane in the air.

In fact, his air to air game in general should be super strong.

Because he's a pilot. In the air force.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guile should be able to do Sonic Hurricane in the air.

In fact, his air to air game in general should be super strong.

Because he's a pilot. In the air force.
Honestly his V-Skill 2 was pretty damn cool. I could see him getting a Super version of that. Probably not in this game, but next time he shows up in a Versus game 👀

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
If I could I absolutely would have man! Would have been nice to go with anyone really, a lot of people were playing in pairs so I was just letting them play before me lol

✊ that reminds me of when I was in Dallas, Texas for like 4 days and I went to an Arcade all by myself, fightstick in tow and as a weirdo FANG player lol. Was the demo thing only for 1 day? I'm curious if they're opening up combo options because the more recent footage seemed to show combos I thought would be restricted (so to speak) just based on the earliest footage.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
✊ that reminds me of when I was in Dallas, Texas for like 4 days and I went to an Arcade all by myself, fightstick in tow and as a weirdo FANG player lol. Was the demo thing only for 1 day? I'm curious if they're opening up combo options because the more recent footage seemed to show combos I thought would be restricted (so to speak) just based on the earliest footage.

It's on today as well, already played a couple more matches. From what I can gather the demo here is the exact same one they've been taking everywhere so I assume they were always there.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
Hmm, was hoping we'd be getting more reveals at offline CPT events, but it seriously looks like Capcom Esports is having trouble getting their plans off the ground. If you look at their proposed schedule for World Warrior events (https://capcomprotour.com/world-warrior-schedule/), they've already missed several planned events according to their calendar in all regions and they still don't have anymore live events announced. Really miss the days of wondering if a big tourney will be accompanied by a reveal trailer. I guess we'll just be looking at the calendar for game shows in general and Capcom may just drop a trailer on a random Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.