What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
Super sad nobody seemed to have tested Lily yet. Oh well, hope to get info in the coming days.
The universal DR reversal change seems really good.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Only Manon change listed so far is about Modern controls. Strong assist combo now has her hit grab thrown in for easier medals.

Hope they can find more substantial stuff.

edit:

View: https://x.com/maneater_dgr/status/1785553751136497745

oh no

manon changes
4MK's on air 2nd hit will make the opponent into a "bound" state, doesn't combo into lp renverse (the comboable special grab), but on corner after blocked DI wall slam it will connect
4HP combos into OD grand fouette (OD version of the renverse > kick button)

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
just needed the akuma necklace tbh
IMG_3452.jpg

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what you even do with Honda. Buttslam and Headbutt are fucking stupid but they are also the only good tools he has lol. They would basically need to rework everything else to not make him completely useless if they toned those down

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Honda has never been properly balanced. He's either been obnoxious but not good, or obnoxious and too good. Often times, both simultaneously depending on who he was facing (i.e. too good against non-projectile characters, and not good enough against projectile characters). So... good luck with that.

Personally, I think keeping him as is with some minor tweaks is the best to hope for.

On the other hand, I think Lily needs a total overhaul. SHe's a one trick pony, but her one trick is stupidly obnoxious. She's worse than Honda in that regard. Give her a bunch more tools but Wind boost Condor Spire being a mindlessly free mix-up with no downside (Drive Reversal doesn't count) needs to go.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Hi Fight summary (via Koichi):

View: https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1785638711218381107
SFV Season 2 (Akuma Ver.) Chagelist Summary Thread by Koichi
▼Everyone
- Remove throw oki after back throw
▼Ryu
- Can choose between normal and denjin charged Hadoken/Hashogeki
(Heavy will be denjin)
▼Chun-Li
- 4MP/6MP: Cannot hit confirm
- SA2: Less meter gain
- H Kikoken: More recovery
▼Dee Jay
- Jacknife: move distance & hit range reduced
- OD Jus Cool > Maximum: more damage scaling
- SA2: Less meter gain for combo after stopping midway
▼Blanka (by Dogura)
- DR Overhead: +1 on block (throw will lose to jab)
- 2LP: always combo into M Rolling
▼Cammy
- 4MP>HK>H Hooligan + HK won't connect (still side switch)
- OD Spin Knuckle: projectile invi starts late
- SA2: changed command from K to P
▼Honda
- Buttslam: more distance on block (2LP doesn't reach)
- 5MP: more range (moving forward)
- Headbutt: won't pass under jumping opponent = can be punished
▼Luke
- J.HP: much bigger hurtbox
- 4HK: less plus frame (cannot combo into itself after punish counter DR4HK)
▼Guile
- Sobat Kick: less range (maybe)
- less meter gain for loop combo (didn't mention if it's exclusive to SA2 loop or not)
▼JP
- SA2: more recovery (cannot combo from light > SA2 > medium attack anymore)
- OD Stribog: Can combo into from medium attack and target combo
▼A.K.I
- L Serpent Lash: less knockback distance on toxic trigger, crumple on punish counter
- 2MK: +5 on hit (combo into light, DR2MK into HK)
- 5HP: faster startup
- Venomous Fang: projectile invi (probably from frame 1)
- M Serpent Last: faster startup (maybe?)
▼Jamie
- Heavy Palm: safe on block (not in throw range -2f?)
- OD Command Throw: more damage scaling
- 2MP: +5 on hit, combo into OD palm
- 5MP: +2 on block
▼Zangief
- 6HP: +7 on hit
- Stomping: 1st and 2nd is not true blockstring
▼Kimberly
- OD Senpukyaku: Can cancel into SA2
- SA1: Can choose to not use Spray Can
- H Vagabond Edge: Combo into OD Air Grab
- H Senpukyaku: faster air attack invi (maybe?)
▼Rashid
- SA2: no meter gain when active (even throw)
▼Ken (by Eita)
- MP HP Target Combo always true blockstring. no delay cancel
▼Manon
- 4HP combo into OD Renversé > Grand Fouetté (236PP~K) [no confirm which move got buffed]
▼Lily
- 2HP: bigger hurtbox on whiff (maybe?)
▼No info
Dhalsim, Juri, Marisa, Ed
PS. nothing on this thread is confirmed

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
If I'm translating the google doc translations correctly, it appears Kens delayed chin buster combo is no longer a thing.

Which, ouch if that's truly the case.

JEsEArH.png

Wait what's that

5bLf2yG.png

Oh, they made Jamie somehow even more obnoxious

Last edited:
May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
I think it's well known but I'm just saying it out loud in case anyone isn't aware

None of these changes are confirmed, and none of them are final. They're doing this as a beta test run of the balance changes, 100%. And as we saw during the Ed preview, commonly agreed-upon changes ended up not being actual changes.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
No. AKI's level 2 has no projectile invincibility, so it'll always trade. For slower projectiles, it'll destroy it if she reacts in time (Chun's Kikoken, Rashid's tornado shot, etc.). But for most, it'll keep traversing and hit her.

Yeah I knew it wasn't invuln, but any projectile in the hurtbox gets deleted. The MP version in particular will snuff a lot of projectiles outside of the fastest ones like heavy projectiles, air slasher, and sandblast.

It being projectile invulnerable feels like a bit much, especially since her current changes are pretty spicy, but I'm not completely opposed to the idea tbh.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know what you even do with Honda. Buttslam and Headbutt are fucking stupid but they are also the only good tools he has lol. They would basically need to rework everything else to not make him completely useless if they toned those down
The buttslam change would probably help him since now you're in st.hp range which is his best poke. And they're increasing the forward movement on st.mp so that as well can probably whiff punish from range. Dude still hits like a bomb. He's probably going to be more dangerous now that people can't rely on spam and people will learn footsies.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
waiting sooo long for kinda small changes like this is… weird to me

ofc not all the changes are found yet but eh

feel like most of these could have been patched in way earlier

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

We don't know the extent, we don't even know if the ones listed are real and not just people screwing up their inputs because they expect them to be different, we also don't know how many of these "common sense" patches would basically break the game without all of the other balance changes.

Further, we don't even know if these changes, if we take for granted they're real, will make it in their current form to the release.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Bro those A.K.I. changes are fucking massive.(Especially for a bad player like me lol)

I just reached diamond 2 last night and I feel like I will be unstoppable once I I can Drive rush Low poke into full heavy kick Combo 💪

The current combos are hard for me to do so at my skill level I'm going to be converting so much more damage

Frame one invisibility on venomous Fang legit means certain characters can't throw Fireballs anymore. I suck at timing it currently but now you just slide bait whenever and and lunge the second they move.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Also, I've decided I need to rip the bandaid off.

I'm going to spend the next month leading up to the patch playing the game with purpose. Which means relearning how to play without mashing, doing solid AA's, and not pressing buttons when I don't mean to.

Wish me luck, I'm attempting to break every single bad habit I have and my win ratio is probably going to be in the toilet for a bit.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
"General: Remove throw oki after back throw"

I wonder if that will hurt Jamie's ability to get a drink after backthrow. It's already punishable in very specific instances.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

People had 10 minutes to play and they had to either test their characters or try Akuma out, this is just the stuff they could notice in those conditions.
"General: Remove throw oki after back throw"

I wonder if that will hurt Jamie's ability to get a drink after backthrow. It's already punishable in very specific instances.
They're increasing the distance between you and the opponent after a backthrow, this mostly just affects situations like when you're in the corner and do perfect parry > backthrow to sideswitch.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, I didn't realize "remove throw oki" meant throw further away. I thought they were talking about frame advantage.
Yeah, you only get less frame advantage if you go for a drive rush or whatever since you're further out, stuff like Jamie wanting to set up drinks is unnaffected if not better due to the extra safety.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Kimberly:
- SA1: Can choose to not use Spray Can
- H Vagabond Edge: Combo into OD Air Grab

These 2 make me very happy!! H Vagabond not being able to combo into OD air grab was always weird to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.