What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hate the monetization, I was legit shocked there were only three costumes per character when I got the game. It feels so old school that there aren't, like, 10 per character by now with tons of crossover ones.
As much as it sucks, I imagine they take a lot of work to make, especially as FGs increase their visual fidelity. And we can clearly see that when they do come out, a *lot* of work went into them.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
As much as I hate the monetization, I was legit shocked there were only three costumes per character when I got the game. It feels so old school that there aren't, like, 10 per character by now with tons of crossover ones.
I think the work to produce a character costume is like 10x more than what it took for SFV costumes and Unreal 4. There's obviously way higher fidelity but also a ton of custom deformations that's not just given to the physics engine to automatically deal with. In SFV, they just let Unreal 4 deal with all the cloth animations and you got terrible clipping and wonky cloth behavior everywhere.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I think the work to produce a character costume is like 10x more than what it took for SFV costumes and Unreal 4. There's obviously way higher fidelity but also a ton of custom deformations that's not just given to the physics engine to automatically deal with. In SFV, they just let Unreal 4 deal with all the cloth animations and you got terrible clipping and wonky cloth behavior everywhere.
Yup. It's why most of the costume mods are trash too. Most of them are a mess of clipping elements that ruin the look of the silhouette. There are a handful that are alright, but most of them are just sloppy.

Costumes are gonna take more time and likely more money going forward.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

It's actually new school. There's a video showing how they aligned AKIs individual eyebrow hairs and how the entire process takes 6 months, how they have to model the cloth physics to ensure there isn't a lot of clipping, etc.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If you ... bought a DLC character solo .... you get 0 discount whatsoever on the season pass ?

This is insane. The business model of this game is such a piece of rotten dog shit bro.
Yeah, it's rotten. I guess I'm happy they even offer bundles but it sucks. You know it's rotten when Fortnite does it better. Whenever you buy a individual skin or something that's also in a bundle, whenever the bundle is available the cost of the individual skin you own is subtracted from the cost of the bundle. Trade-off there is the way the Fortnite rotates in and out content from its store on a daily basis which is shitty for its own reasons.

Yeah, as a long time SF fan I still dont really associate these games with having a lot of cosmetics in the base game. Before SF4, alternate costumes were anomolies (Chun in the Alpha games is the only one that immediately comes to mind) and even with vanilla SF4, I don't recall the base game coming with a bunch of costumes, did it? Its been forever since I've played vanilla SF4.

Everything you mentioned is possible.

I have Teenage mutant ninja Turtles As Luke's theme.

Some of the SF6 themes are available

Stage music is available (I have Ruined Lab as a Ed song)

Literally any Music you can Collect is usable as A characters BGM
Oh that's rad. I'm glad they made the character themes replaceable. Most of the music in this game is great but the character themes are kind of hit or miss. Shit. Now I'm actually bummed about all of the Fighter passes I skipped. Fuck. Those actually have stuff I want now! lol

Last edited:

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
Yeah, as a long time SF fan I still dont really associate these games with having a lot of cosmetics in the base game. Before SF4, alternate costumes were anomolies (Chun in the Alpha games is the only one that immediately comes to mind) and even with vanilla SF4, I don't recall the base game coming with a bunch of costumes, did it? Its been forever since I've played vanilla SF4.

I meant more old school vs the modern trends of slapping as many cosmetics as possible into a game.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they ever actually gave us the MH music.
I actually dont think monster hunter got Music. (I skipped that pass)

From the trailer it seems the MH pass gave out Street Fighter 3 music
Oh interesting. I know when they were doing that Monster Hunter pass they put some MH music in the game including the battle hub. I just assumed it worked like the TMNT thing in that you got that music from that pass. weird.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
dog, imma be real with you...

f*ck Bison. I hope your main never comes back. hahahah
GswuOog.gif

Feb 24, 2018
Hello, just completed befriending and mastering for Akuma and the in-game indicator seems to show that I've gone through all the dialogue with him.

However, when I looked in the Cutscene gallery for World Tour, in the comics section there seems to be something locked. The other three comic cutscenes were for missions involving AKI and Rashid, but I got no cutscene like that for Akuma's mission, just told me to beat 30 randoms and fight him using other people's styles.

Have I missed something?

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, just completed befriending and mastering for Akuma and the in-game indicator seems to show that I've gone through all the dialogue with him.

However, when I looked in the Cutscene gallery for World Tour, in the comics section there seems to be something locked. The other three comic cutscenes were for missions involving AKI and Rashid, but I got no cutscene like that for Akuma's mission, just told me to beat 30 randoms and fight him using other people's styles.

Have I missed something?

There is a quest at Metro City during Night time.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
So Akumas best non meterless punish counter is Standing Roundhouse>Standing Fierce>Light Tatsu>Ender right?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think my World Tour progress is stuck, it's telling me to find Retsu in Metro City but he's not showing up anywhere on the map.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Crouch fierce does more damage IF you are in range but it reaches further than you may expect

Awesome thank you

You'd have to lab it to be sure, but I dunno if the ST.HP combos into the ST.HK on punish counter. I know it works on drive rush. I usually do a ST.MP, but keep it single to try and minimize the scaling.

It works on both punish counter and regular counter. Crazy lol.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
As a Cammy main who has yet to play the new update is she nerfed?
ground game is slightly better and we were already excellent there, her anti fireball isn't as free you don't got all day to react to fireballs, divekick off pressure strings is easier to stuff, but divekick for approach is harder to deal with.

Target combo adds some decent options, tho not more optimal than other stuff we were doing. Still gets blown up on block by jabs, which fair.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Any time I dip into the Marisa well, I'm reminded of my super/ultra bronze gating issue in SFV.
I am horrible at opening up defensive players.

I spend so much time as Marisa pummeling guards that my silver game plan feels like "burnout by pure attrition"

With Manon I got the grab, with AKI a big bag of tricks and options, but Marisa has me revealed for the mediocre player I am lol

Immediately after this I switched back to Manon and fought a Marisa who then initially gimmicked me with drive impact spam, thankfully he gave me the download runback
....just sitting here thinking how most of this thread is like "what is this drive impact spam you speak of?" lol, I'm in the place where you never see drive rush
Same game, different worlds

Last edited:

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Cammy mains are sad, so I am happy.

Guile booms aren't supposed to be easily bypassed. Anti FB tools are for FBs with slower recovery. And spin knuckle isn't just great to punish with damage directly. It's still easy to just bypass FBs and force them to block. Cammy is still plus on block after it, right? It's a free get in and pressure tool, and still good.

Aki's stance dive is now overpowered in that respect, though. But I'll take it for a season.
Cammy wasn't reacting to no guile boom with heavy knuckle, and heavy knuckle is drive impactable on reaction, if not they can check it.

It is a reaction check tho yeah, sure. And it still has good value against the shotos, but it's not as free there. Ex knuckle feels kind of gimmicky now.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any time I dip into the Marisa well, I'm reminded of my super/ultra bronze gating issue in SFV.

I spend so much time as Marisa pummeling guards that my silver game plan feels like "burnout by pure attrition"

With Manon I got the grab, with AKI a big bag of tricks and options, but Marisa has me revealed for the mediocre player I am lol
As Marisa you need to prioritize checking defensive players walking in and out of your pressure. All you need is one stray clip on a (let's say Chun) player trying to stay in and out of your range and you can get the party started.

Focus on cornering them and switching up strikes and throws (particularly Marisa's command grab) and sooner or later the defensive player is going to get scared and subsequently sloppy - i.e. your window of opportunity.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017

Against super defensive players as Marisa, I figure that's what scutum is for. Scutum is such a good tool. If they're standing blocking, go for the kick version to knock them down. If they're crouching and blocking, apply pressure with the punch version. And if they're close enough, the grab version does so much damage.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
As Marisa you need to prioritize checking defensive players walking in and out of your pressure. All you need is one stray clip on a (let's say Chun) player trying to stay in and out of your range and you can get the party started.

Focus on cornering them and switching up strikes and throws (particularly Marisa's command grab) and sooner or later the defensive player is going to get scared and subsequently sloppy - i.e. your window of opportunity.

Against super defensive players as Marisa, I figure that's what scutum is for. Scutum is such a good tool. If they're standing blocking, go for the kick version to knock them down. If they're crouching and blocking, apply pressure with the punch version. And if they're close enough, the grab version does so much damage.
All good advice!

I'm still getting used to being able to get something reliably off of stray hits in neutral, my brain and fingers gotta get quicker on the reactions

I love me some scutum because that grab might be my fave animation in the game, just gotta get better at using it.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Still disappointed that the projectile invulnerability in Manon's Renverse seems to be untouched. Shit needs fixing along with the feint. I'm not really too keen to rely much on b.MK but fuck it, ill git gud with it. At least we got her LP and LK's fixed and that b.HP becomes even more god-like for her.

Also got to acknowledge the super 3 damage buff. Very much welcome.

RazorHawk

Apr 3, 2023
It's almost been a full year and I really want to know who has been peddling the neutral jump agenda. I swear every rando I fight ranked or causal neutral jumps ALL the time. Their wake up. My wake up. Mid screen. Even when it's their turn in the middle of their own pressure regardless of the character I'm using. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.