What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Man, it's wild that Akuma came out and Taketora's wikipedia page wasn't updated to have Street Fighter 6 on there. So I had to do it myself. Failing on the job, wiki editors. :T

Also I'm still holding out a little bit of hope season 2 will be revealed for CB finals. <.<

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

I would love to know why it's (still) a thing that when I'm just in training, I get these major framerate hiccups. Sometimes two or three in a row out of nowhere. Even after the error code has occurred and I'm not connected. This is on my PC that's a 5600X with a 3080. Only on PC. When I play on the Xbox Series X version, it's smooth as butter and never does this. Anyone else run into this issue?

Anyways, after farting around with Akuma for a while in training and combo trials, I switched back to Ken and he felt liek he moves so much faster for some reason.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I found Shin Akuma extremely easy. SFV's was very hard to the point that you had to cheese them with Rashid's Eagle Spike. But I just played like it was a regular CPU with a 10 game win streak

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the SF6 combo breaker stuff streaming?

GOT4RFOWMAAo13v

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Wow, Zangief now has a 69% punish combo. Because of all the meter build buffs, with full drive stock he can now get a drive rush, two drive rush cancels, and still have a sliver of drive left to OD lariat into CA.

Edit - I tried it out, you need to microwalk to not burn out after the second drive rush cancel.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Brian F's simpler video on some of the changes. I need simple and shorter so I can never make Master rank tyvm

henriquewho

Apr 19, 2023
Guys, do you know if CB SF6 is streaming in any youtube channel or is it only twitch?
Tried the TeamSpooky yt channel to no success.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, Zangief now has a 69% punish combo. Because of all the meter build buffs, with full drive stock he can now get a drive rush, two drive rush cancels, and still have a sliver of drive left to OD lariat into CA.
Nice.

I'm still laughing from watching his bear grab go zoom and grab sim full screen.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The Manon buffs are definitely changing the way I play her, but I really do struggle with that new combo being consistent. It's hard on the thumbs.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't S2 Nash which changed everything about the character
It doesn't have to be. I remember the corny ass shit I was doing with Rashid against certain characters in sf5 and then they adjusted the corny shit along with helping out those characters and suddenly the matchup has shifted.

I guess you'll have to make some adjustments for spin knuckle and use it as more of a prediction move and not a reaction move. Maybe they nerfed it because of modern users, I dunno. Is spin knuckle one of her instant moves?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just not having fun anymore. All of this Akuma shit requires me to level up and there's absolutely no viable way to level up. I can't get EXP, no fights give good EXP, and I can't even learn Akuma's moves because the game keeps forcing me into >level 80 fights against him where a single hit is 60% of my HP and he can spam Empyrean's End with zero startup time and punk me out of every animation I have. I have to spam dozens of healing items just to get through a single round, and healing items are AWFUL to replenish because of how overpriced they are.

This is just terrible, terrible quest/encounter/progression design. I don't know how to break out of this cycle.

May 10, 2018
I'm just not having fun anymore. All of this Akuma shit requires me to level up and there's absolutely no viable way to level up. I can't get EXP, no fights give good EXP, and I can't even learn Akuma's moves because the game keeps forcing me into >level 80 fights against him where a single hit is 60% of my HP and he can spam Empyrean's End with zero startup time and punk me out of every animation I have. I have to spam dozens of healing items just to get through a single round, and healing items are AWFUL to replenish because of how overpriced they are.

This is just terrible, terrible quest/encounter/progression design. I don't know how to break out of this cycle.
Honestly don't know how you do it. I tried to brute force through the rest of the story to meet Akuma and I had to drop it at chapter 12.

Trying to avoid fights and enemies punch you in the back so you have to fight anyway. They do so much damage you have stock on healing items.

Have no interest in grinding exp. I have some left over fight coins so I probably will just use those for Akuma's 2nd costume since it only cost 50.

WT is too much of a drag and I'm hoping I'm far enough in the story now that future DLC characters won't require much to interact with them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't know how you do it. I tried to brute force through the rest of the story to meet Akuma and I had to drop it at chapter 12.

Trying to avoid fights and enemies punch you in the back so you have to fight anyway. They do so much damage you have stock on healing items.

Have no interest in grinding exp. I have some left over fight coins so I probably will just use those for Akuma's 2nd costume since it only cost 50.

WT is too much of a drag and I'm hoping I'm far enough in the story now that future DLC characters won't require much to interact with them.

I finished the story and it's insane, all of the post-story quests expect you to be level 70-80. There's no reasonable way to get that kind of EXP.

Were they selling EXP boosters in the shop for real cash at launch or something? This is terrible.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember getting to level 100 pretty easily when I was leveling up the masters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I never tried it myself, but I thought the daily tourneys in World Tour were good ways to level up?

I just won one (fighting that absurdly broken level 63 Chun-Li at the end AGAIN and burning like 12 healing drinks) and only leveled up once. Not really reliable for covering 20+ levels in a short span of time to be able to survive against a level 80 Akuma.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I've been at level 100 for a while and so I didn't really struggle with any of the Akuma stuff in World Tour, but he's supposed to be a frustratingly difficult post-game boss, like something out of a FromSoftware game. He's unique in that regard. I'm sure future DLC characters will be as easy to interact with as Rashid and the others.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be. I remember the corny ass shit I was doing with Rashid against certain characters in sf5 and then they adjusted the corny shit along with helping out those characters and suddenly the matchup has shifted.

I guess you'll have to make some adjustments for spin knuckle and use it as more of a prediction move and not a reaction move. Maybe they nerfed it because of modern users, I dunno. Is spin knuckle one of her instant moves?
the biggest issue I have with the spin knuckle nerf now is that ex is basically useless. You're never going to see it and half of her kit is for gimmicks are kinda not good. Hooligans should've got a buff. And the best thing she got back was 5mp is really good now for hot confirms. They really want you to use dive kick for fireballs now

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It really is not that difficult to level up to 100 in World Tour and beating Akuma on the avatar battle is perfectly manageable assuming you just didn't speed through it to finish it. I did it on two platforms. Expecting to speed run leveling up 20 levels is not realistic though.

After you finish the story go back to the Nayshall coliseum and do the battles they added after the Rashid patch or just do runs beating up the NPCs in the Nayshall cave hideout or the fountain plaza area. Use consumables to help boost XP. The drone has a food for leveling up character level. Don't remember about overall XP.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It really is not that difficult to level up to 100 in World Tour and beating Akuma on the avatar battle is perfectly manageable assuming you just didn't speed through it to finish it. I did it on two platforms. Expecting to speed run leveling up 20 levels is not realistic though.

After you finish the story go back to the Nayshall coliseum and do the battles they added after the Rashid patch or just do runs beating up the NPCs in the Nayshall cave hideout or the fountain plaza area. Use consumables to help boost XP. The drone has a food for leveling up character level. Don't remember about overall XP.

I can't fight the guys in the coliseum because they're all 20 levels above me. That's the problem. Every single encounter has a billion HP and can melt me in like 5 hits.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I joined the flavor train of aki players starting from the very bottom.
Hope the broski guide comes out soon and spoonfeeds me a lot of info on combo routes.
For now I'm just baby steps learning the fireball/poison puddle/kara crouch dive or dr behind fireball gameplan.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I can see why JP got all those nerfs now. Before season two, I had no problem moving through his maze of projectiles. Now with parry being just slightly slower, I'm getting hit so much more often, yeesh

First time playing Ed tonight. A lot of fun, but not exactly what I expected? A thin boxer strikes me as a character that would be pretty fast and always rushing down, but a lot of his buttons seem super slow. I'm gonna have to look at some videos to see how players better than me make him work. Right now, I'm playing at mid range, but I feel like I should be able to play more aggressively when my opponent is looking weak or low on drive gauge 🤔

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
The Manon buffs are definitely changing the way I play her, but I really do struggle with that new combo being consistent. It's hard on the thumbs.

I discovered my execution with Manon took a nose-dive with the Season 2 input reader changes. I didn't realize how much I was leaning on ⬅↙⬇↘ for her command grabs in tick throw situations. I have to pretty much unlearn my prior muscle memory now.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I can't fight the guys in the coliseum because they're all 20 levels above me. That's the problem. Every single encounter has a billion HP and can melt me in like 5 hits.
You may just need to grind out some more. I felt like I hit a wall at one point, but it became a lot easier shortly after.
Stuff I can think of:
Find every hidden chest that have permanent power-ups. Use a map/guide online if you need. There's a locked room in the Sirn building via keycard with a bunch. You have to wind around down in the building to find the card.
Do all the quests or as many as you can.
Make sure you've bought all the upgrades in the power-up tree in the select menu.
Enhance your clothing options. There's a specific bunch that give you the best stats can't remember atm what they are, but I think one is the baggy yellow fighter pants/jacket.
You really don't even need to be over say 80ish to handle Akuma or 100% WT if you did a lot of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.