What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 326 41.4%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.9%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 346 44.0%

• Total voters

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
If Akuma drops after the season 2 balance patch then does that mean season 1 dlc was really only 3 characters?

"Season" means more than one thing.

It could be the Pro Tour season. It could be a season pass of DLC characters. It could be a seasonal balance update.

In the past—with SFV at least—all of these things were roughly aligned. They are not exactly aligned now.

The first season of DLC characters, the Year 1 Pass mentioned above, is already locked in. We have a definitive time table that ends with the release of Akuma this spring.

The first season of the Capcom Pro Tour for SF6 ends in February, however. At least a month before the character pass is complete.

But the seasonal balance update is still a question. The Red Bull Kumite announcement suggests "Season 2" balance begins shortly after Capcom Cup. If that's the case, Ed and Akuma will be launching with "Season 2" balance despite being characters from the first "season pass."

Why are meaties weak in SF6?

I'm still relatively new to FGC so I don't know the nuisance of Meaty strength between games.

Relatively weak. On the surface they're just as strong as previous SF games, but perfect parry makes them a lot more risky to go for. Meaties typically leave the attacker in an advantageous situation, but going for a predictable meaty in this game can get you perfect parried into oblivion.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
"Season" means more than one thing.

It could be the Pro Tour season. It could be a season pass of DLC characters. It could be a seasonal balance update.

In the past—with SFV at least—all of these things were roughly aligned. They are not exactly aligned now.

The first season of DLC characters, the Year 1 Pass mentioned above, is already locked in. We have a definitive time table that ends with the release of Akuma this spring.

The first season of the Capcom Pro Tour for SF6 ends in February, however. At least a month before the character pass is complete.

But the seasonal balance update is still a question. The Red Bull Kumite announcement suggests "Season 2" balance begins shortly after Capcom Cup. If that's the case, Ed and Akuma will be launching with "Season 2" balance despite being characters from the first "season pass."
Yeah, without it not being aligned anymore could cause confusion, ultimately I hope we get Akuma sooner than later and dlc "years" and "seasons" become interchangeable again like with sfv

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Yeah, without it not being aligned anymore could cause confusion, ultimately I hope we get Akuma sooner than later and dlc "years" and "seasons" become interchangeable again like with sfv
I don't think it's that confusing to have a season and Character Release not line up.

Other games have had Seasons not release with characters and most people seem fine with it.

Like yes it's neat and tidy to have Year 1 and Season 1 be the same. However I don't think it's a big deal if they Don't.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
pitchfork.com

Brooklyn Metal Venue Saint Vitus Announces 10th Anniversary Book

Featuring previously unpublished photos, essays by Laura Jane Grace and Chuck Klosterman, and more

Basically for a 'metal' bar it's heavy in kitchyness (looks like a joke tv set of 'What We Do In The Shadows') and rare in actual leather and spikes; they have a weekly new wave party, lol. its probably the closest nyc will get to the cbgb era of the 80's people are always pining about.
Ah word, never been but it's on the list.

maps.app.goo.gl

The Brew Inn · 924 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222

★★★★★ · Gastropub

Thought you meant this spot, lowkey one of the best sports bars in the city.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Ah word, never been but it's on the list.

maps.app.goo.gl

The Brew Inn · 924 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222

★★★★★ · Gastropub

Thought you meant this spot, lowkey one of the best sports bars in the city.

Ha. So last time I went to Brew Inn was Saturday March 15th 2020 with the pandemic shutdown happening in the city the Monday after☹️

So yeah, haven't been back since for triggering reasons, lol. But I miss that fucking burger so maybe Kumite will be my excuse.

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
On the surface they're just as strong as previous SF games, but perfect parry makes them a lot more risky to go for. Meaties typically leave the attacker in an advantageous situation, but going for a predictable meaty in this game can get you perfect parried into oblivion.
I think a strength of this game is that anything predictable can be countered, and I think in this way they made defense a lot stronger in SF6.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I've been saying since SF6 released that Akuma was easily the Year 1 Character I'm Least instrested in. (I already play Ken as a secondary so why would I be interested in another Shoto)

Been messing around older fighting games this week

Randomly decided to mess around with Akuma in Ultra Street Fighter 4

Bro I was so Fucking Wrong.

I've been Just Playing Akuma in training mode in 3rd Strike, Ultra 4 and SF5 for the Last 3 Hours.

Demon Flip is exactly my Kinda Bullshit.

Air fire balls seems obnoxious (in 3rd strike and Ultra 4)

I'm sorry Ken I think I got a new Favorite Shoto.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying since SF6 released that Akuma was easily the Year 1 Character I'm Least instrested in. (I already play Ken as a secondary so why would I be interested in another Shoto)

Been messing around older fighting games this week

Randomly decided to mess around with Akuma in Ultra Street Fighter 4

Bro I was so Fucking Wrong.

I've been Just Playing Akuma in training mode in 3rd Strike, Ultra 4 and SF5 for the Last 3 Hours.

Demon Flip is exactly my Kinda Bullshit.

Air fire balls seems obnoxious (in 3rd strike and Ultra 4)

I'm sorry Ken I think I got a new Favorite Shoto.

yeah, his kit has always been busted. that's why he's so hard to balance and they just give him lower health.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Akuma been top in every first iteration(that he's in) of a mainline game, ST, 2I, Vanilla 4, SF5 season 2. You already know.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
In a 30 min ranked session I had 4 sets and won 3. And one of them was a rematch against the one I lost. Except for the losing set they were all 2-1. Feels good!

I had to return to normal, so I went to battle hub afterwards and got stomped 3-0 by a Juri player.

thanos-perfectlybalanced.gif

But I dunno guys. I don't think I'll ever be good. Maybe I should stop playing? 🥴

/s

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

it's happening.
POTENTIAL SF6 CALENDAR

02/03 - Ed Arrives Fighting Pass
02/16 - Capcom Cup X LCQ
02/21 - Capcom Cup X
Week of 02/25 - Ed and Season 2 patch release
03/01 - Akuma Arrives Fighting Pass (???)
03/16 - Red Bull Kumite Brooklyn
Late March/early April - Akuma release (???)
04/27 - Evo Japan 2024

i'm mostly exited about the new World Tour enemy type.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Mid week random teaser drop on twitter are my favorite lol
He looks great. Hopefully we get some gameplay soon!

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Ed is most likely getting his own stage, so the fact that we first meet him in Metro City and not somewhere new really makes me think that he's coming with a big World Tour expansion. That would make the five month wait more understandable.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
Oddly felt a little Michael Biehn in him with the facial expressions during his final talking close up.
michaelbiehn.jpg

My issue with his hair is not even the emo bayang.

It's that the sides aren't properly faded and lined up. Balrog ain't raising that boy right.

He basically got the White Killmonger.

The hair is reminiscent of 80s punk:
BillyIdolHairstyle.jpg

59573477acb190e1bd7aa511f83a1b4c.jpg

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Not entirely accurate as Akuma (and ed) will both be post balance patch, so theyll have to function in a world without drive Rush.....

>>

Bails

Dec 11, 2022
London, United Kingdom
Ed is most likely getting his own stage, so the fact that we first meet him in Metro City and not somewhere new really makes me think that he's coming with a big World Tour expansion. That would make the five month wait more understandable.

As he appears in Metro City, I wonder if the new upcoming stage actually will be for Ed? Ryce, I remember you spotting 'Hong Kong' within the location text flippers on the World Tour map ages ago? So maybe the new stages aren't necessarily character-aligned. We've all been thinking Germany, but I'm not so sure now …