What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all - thinking back to Rashid and AKI and their reveals, is it today that we might get Ed's trailer, if Capcom follows previous patterns?
Yup. If we don't get Ed's trailer this week then we'll probably have to wait until Capcom Cup.
Wednesday, February 7 marks the exact midpoint between Ed's teaser (1/18) and release date (2/27), and Rashid and A.K.I.'s gameplay trailers were both uploaded on a Wednesday. A.K.I.'s gameplay trailer came three weeks after her teaser, and February 7 is roughly three weeks after January 18.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Tekken 8 Famitsu score is out. 36/40.
This really makes me wonder how capcom manage to have Japan love SF6 so much.
Modern, Battle Hub, World Tour and the game overall aesthetic definitely had an impact in my opinion.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I don't think it's possible for Luke to be bad. They would have to remove moves from his kit or butcher his frame data in ways that aren't consistent with the rest of the game.

195px-SF6_Luke_2mp_hitbox.png

A hit confirmable button, with a 6-frame startup that's +1 on block, shouldn't have a hitbox that looks like this.

It's the little things. He won't be bad but they can certainly sand down his bullshit.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Is it just me or does playing against wifi connections feel a bit "off" even if the latency info seems to be good?

Like, playing against someone with 0-1f delay and a 30ms ping (?) on a wired connection vs wifi feels drastically different. I catch myself going "wait, is it like 200ms right now or what?" as I look at the top of the screen only to see it claims no connection issues.

With Wifi you have to double the latency you see at the top, at a minimum.

This isn't me being snide, this is the problem with half-duplex communication.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
Ed trailer has got to be this week right? It would be pretty anticlimactic for it to close out Capcom Cup. Only Akuma and S2 announcement would be appropriate for CC.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Ed trailer has got to be this week right? It would be pretty anticlimactic for it to close out Capcom Cup. Only Akuma and S2 announcement would be appropriate for CC.

Ed is likely balanced for Season 2, so an Ed gameplay trailer would be a Season 2 patch announcement lowkey. That's the main reason why I think they might be holding off on showing him.

Really hope I'm wrong tho. A trailer tonight would be hype. And it's not like they haven't done it before. Dan's SFV gameplay trailer had a MAJOR balance change revealed in it.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Every time someone asks "where's Ed", Capcom delays him a minute.

A hit confirmable button, with a 6-frame startup that's +1 on block, shouldn't have a hitbox that looks like this.

It's the little things. He won't be bad but they can certainly sand down his bullshit.

Oh yeah, he's completely calm and pleasant to play as. You're never really blown up unless you're completely outclassed, and there's no trig and divination for full screen footsies.

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017

PLUS it doesn't damage scale when it's a combo starter.

Oh yeah, he's completely calm and pleasant to play as. You're never really blown up unless you're completely outclassed, and there's no trig and divination for full screen footsies.

TBH Luke is pretty fun to play as. I'd main him if I didn't hate is character design.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I hope is every season pass keeping 1 newcomer and hopefully with a focus on upping the global representation. I think when I was looking for SF lore and old characters for a game having something called the world warriors the overall diversity in like fighting styles and representation was truly weak.
Like especially now being exposed to what a tekken roster is like SF gets kinda beat which is a shame cause like just the way the visual design of SF is you'd think there is space for a ton of very colorful people from all types of places.

Ignoring the gameplay though all the newcomers so far have been fire just on a pure vibes/design front for me so really all I'm saying keep them coming and more of that. Also capcom give us a badass granny character.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Like especially now being exposed to what a tekken roster is like SF gets kinda beat which is a shame cause like just the way the visual design of SF is you'd think there is space for a ton of very colorful people from all types of places.

Tekken got 1 black woman in 30 years so I'm not ready to give it that much props, but Street Fighter def needs to keep adding more people from around the world

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Tekken got 1 black woman in 30 years so I'm not ready to give it that much props, but Street Fighter def needs to keep adding more people from around the world
For sure, we have multiple continents that need characters. And while I'd imagine that Africa will get someone eventually via Menat (someone I firmly believe will eventually return), don't stop at just her. We all saw that Kenyan flag in World Tour, bring in Elena. Or hell, add a Nigerian &/or a Habesha (Eritrean or Ethiopian) newcomer.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For sure, we have multiple continents that need characters. And while I'd imagine that Africa will get someone eventually via Menat (someone I firmly believe will eventually return), don't stop at just her. We all saw that Kenyan flag in World Tour, bring in Elena. Or hell, add a Nigerian &/or a Habesha (Eritrean or Ethiopian) newcomer.

Nigerian, Habesha, and South African Street Fighters should be the MINIMUM

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about the history of its roster just saying when I look at tekken characters on a fan wiki I def get more of an people from around the world vibe than I did with street fighter.
Like I'm sure if you get in the weeds of it it's not that dire but my general SF impression checking characters was there is kinda a lot of variations of the same idea of character design wise, which does kinda contrast a lot to like just the vibe of fighters from every part of the world.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I got the Falke song from the Fighter pass and went to check it out in the gallery and noticed that some of the songs dont play anymore? Specifically the collab songs they did with NERDS but every other song still plays. I wonder if this is a bug or if they just don't work anymore since the collab is over??

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I got the Falke song from the Fighter pass and went to check it out in the gallery and noticed that some of the songs dont play anymore? Specifically the collab songs they did with NERDS but every other song still plays. I wonder if this is a bug or if they just don't work anymore since the collab is over??

i noticed that too and i'm hella upset about it

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Man someone on Reddit erased Elena's hair and sorta-kinda drew white short curly hair on her head and recolored her top to red in order to be "more Kenyan" which I get

It's certainly not the first complaint I've heard about her appearance

And, man, the response was... awful? It doesn't help it wasn't a particularly good job of drawing (literally just erased her hair and used a spray brush tool it looks like), but holy shit were the responses bad. Not all, but a lot

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for the tweets and the clips of him tilting over some BS in Tekken lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.