What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like at this point, no wonder it takes capcom so long for one character.
I'd love if they somehow found a way to squeeze out another character per season now that the game has been out for a while. Just bumping from 4 to 5 would feel like a huge difference.

Do we know how much they outsource? I recall them buying or building their own capture studio. Wonder if they've been using that.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I'd love if they somehow found a way to squeeze out another character per season now that the game has been out for a while. Just bumping from 4 to 5 would feel like a huge difference.

Do we know how much they outsource? I recall them buying or building their own capture studio. Wonder if they've been using that.
I honestly dont know how feasible that would be. Seems like most game are pretty much going forward with 4 dlc characters per year.

Super excited to see his CA animation. I love his level 3 but Im sure CA is gonna even cooler.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
During his win pose where he laughs maniacally and he starts glowing, that's kind of out of character, right? Are we to think he's being taken over by psycho power?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
His move kit looks nice. Love his animations and how he moves.

His default outfit look is kinda meh to me. The hoodie outfit is cool.

The new stage is just alright to me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are boxers consistently one of the cooler archetypes in fighting games? Like I find Steve more enjoyable to play than Fahkumram.

I love their movement. That sweet sweet science.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly dont know how feasible that would be. Seems like most game are pretty much going forward with 4 dlc characters per year.

Super excited to see his CA animation. I love his level 3 but Im sure CA is gonna even cooler.
If you think about it, when this season finishes SF6 will have the same number of characters as SFV at the end of season 1. So they really could do 6 characters per season after this one. SF6 just launched with 2 more characters than SFV.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

I'm sure I'll get used to him.

Still, I tried many times in V to get into Rog but never clicked with him. One reason was definitely the fact he only has punches. I found it difficult to get a handle on his normals as they felt so similar to each other. Same with Juri, too.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm gonna take him to master. Rashid and Aki weren't it for me, but he looks fucking sick.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Why are boxers consistently one of the cooler archetypes in fighting games? Like I find Steve more enjoyable to play than Fahkumram.

I love their movement. That sweet sweet science.

Boxing is a human universal and there's an infinite supply of real world boxing to draw inspiration from.

And it feels restrained and minimalistic compared to most other fighting game archetypes, requiring creative solutions to round out the kit.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
ight, Capcom cooked here. If they were doing more than 4 dlc characters a season. I would have like to see how they would fix Falke game play.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Boxing is a human universal and there's an infinite supply of real world boxing to draw inspiration from.

And it feels restrained and minimalistic compared to most other fighting game archetypes, requiring creative solutions to round out the kit.

I always enjoy watching the footwork and head movement. Like if a Steve Fox slipped my punch and came back with a hook I'd audibly say damn because it looked painful AND cool lol.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
During his win pose where he laughs maniacally and he starts glowing, that's kind of out of character, right? Are we to think he's being taken over by psycho power?
Yeah, he's definitely starting to have some problems dealing with all the psycho power inside him. Whether it means he eventually goes full evil or it's like a literal ticking time bomb situation where he physically can't contain it all in his body and could be in danger we'll have to wait and see.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He will be the next character I take to up the ladder.

I knew he'd get the classic controls since modern exists.

Yeah, he looks sick and tired. I'd guess he's fighting Bisons control and it's taking a toll and he's not winning completely.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Yeeaahh I might have to pick up Ed now. Sick alt costume. DLC has been so good. Akuma is gonna be incredible.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Ed is stationed in the Metro City subway station in World Tour, so I wonder how the abandoned laboratory comes into play.

qCNAbJF.jpeg
I wonder if Ruined Lab will only be selectable in Fighting Ground? It definitely feels like it could have a story purpose, but it's interesting that they didn't explicitly say it would be a new WT location like they did with Tian Hong Yuan in the AKI blog post.

There's reason to believe they heavily outsourced the animations. Original Force, an outsourcing studio that mostly worked on environment/character art in SFV, mentioned they had a team of 30+ animators working on SF6. And Technicolor Games said they were contracted to do just guard animations for 13 of the characters. If they had to hire a studio just for guard animations, I can only imagine how much they've spread the work out.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
There's reason to believe they heavily outsourced the animations. Original Force, an outsourcing studio that mostly worked on environment/character art in SFV, mentioned they had a team of 30+ animators working on SF6. And Technicolor Games said they were contracted to do just guard animations for 13 of the characters. If they had to hire a studio just for guard animations, I can only imagine how much they've spread the work out.
Wow. That's kinda crazy.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Wonder if Falke and co will show up in world tour. Would love to finally see the gorilla ingame and not just in a cutscene.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
They gave us all punches now we need ALL FEET
But you said you hated feet earlier today though.

I'm joking!

Ed looks amazing. Definitely going to try him out.

But I kinda think this means Dudley is out.

Nah! They don't play alike, so there is still room.

I would have like to see how they would fix Falke game play.

*crosses my fingers*

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The Shadaloo uniform gear pieces added a few updates ago are currently unobtainable, so I'm going to guess that for one of Ed's World Tour missions you have to pose as a Shadaloo soldier and infiltrate the laboratory to gather intel for him while he stays behind in the subway station.

nxwQ9VJ.png
h8Pls7O.png
NRi6qrL.png

If you look closely you can even see fancy JP-style decorations with mirrored embroidery in the background, so I'm fairly certain the lab has been taken over by JP's Neo Shadaloo. Ed wouldn't want to be seen there in the story since he's trying to escape from them.

6WCMqj4.png

This fits with what the Neo Shadaloo grunts say in World Tour:
It's about time a new boss stepped in, don't you think? And let me tell you, I think Ed's the best choice. Some of us have been trying to track him down and get him on board.
The Suval'hal Martial Arts Tournament has helped us move our money around. And some of it has gone into restoring one of our bases near this Nayshall place. If we can get Ed to come back there, Neo Shadaloo will be back for real.

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Love the silhouette in general and how it functions with his animations, his alt outfit, the shift to all boxing and the use of flicker/psycho stuff to round out the gaps, theme actually sounds like a good one for a change too.

Just down on the classic movelist motion controls, both for his own sake and Dudley's

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the parallels between Ruined Lab and SFV's Ring of Power. Bison's throne is symbolized by the restraint chair -- it even has Bison's hat laying on it -- possibly hinting that whoever is going to be strapped down there will be possessed by Bison's spirit.

KMo1wMG.png

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the parallels between Ruined Lab and SFV's Ring of Power. Bison's throne is symbolized by the restraint chair -- it even has Bison's hat laying on it -- possibly hinting that whoever is going to be strapped down there will be possessed by Bison's spirit.

KMo1wMG.png

Yeah, it's a good callback.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I remember someone theorizing a good while ago about Ed going to have the duality of soul and psycho powers in his effects as he is gonna struggle mastering it yet. (I think the theory was also Rose taking Ed in to teach or something)
Any of the effects look like soul power to people or is it all pure psycho power?

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
All boxing

The dudley advancing duck
The yamazaki pokes
The chain juggle
The Balrog turn punch through fireballs

New main

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I remember someone theorizing a good while ago about Ed going to have the duality of soul and psycho powers in his effects as he is gonna struggle mastering it yet. (I think the theory was also Rose taking Ed in to teach or something)
Any of the effects look like soul power to people or is it all pure psycho power?

I believe that's a Ryce theory. Doesn't seem like there's any Soul Power in the trailer, but I wouldn't rule out Rose being involved in his story yet

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
He distinctly has blue effects for some of his moves as shown in the trailer.
Fireball Psycho Cannon and snatcher is still purple.

edit: Check that, his fireball is now blue. You can see it when he's punching out the poison balls and launching his own fireballs.
Also, the impact sparks and flames from all of his moves have a mix of blue and purple.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely seeing blue particles all around but I just wasn't sure how the series has handled psycho power visually over all the titles as an effect since it could be just artistic light flourish or something hence I was asking if people would consider it soul power.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
I'm definitely seeing blue particles all around but I just wasn't sure how the series has handled psycho power visually over all the titles as an effect since it could be just artistic light flourish or something hence I was asking if people would consider it soul power.
I'm too lazy to confirm, but the only other Psycho Power user in the game is JP and I think his effects are only purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.