What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lol_not_ok

Mar 30, 2019
Blergh I suck.

Trying to learn Marisa.

I'm struggling with some """cheap""" tactics. Someone got any advice on:

1. Opening up opponents defenses: obv I try to avoid jumping in but unless I do some highly punishable stuff and get lucky I can't consistently break through.

2. Is Marisa supposed to be so limited when it comes to wakeup defense? Serious question: I was playing against a Ken who be it while I was knocked down or not kinda walked up to me and spammed low LP and broke through everything I tried? And if you tell me I'm somehow supposed perfect parry these crouching jabs then I might as well uninstall the game now.
1. Standing Medium Punch / Scrutum Command Throw if they block too much for starters.

2. Her Lvl 2 + 3 SA are invincible on start up and will punish that scenario.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I sent a request to change the title to Like a Dragon Punch.
No.....sigh

Unnecessary. It was a pun. We all knew Ryu's Ryu didn't mean dragon.

It's wild that people are acting like Japanese doesn't have puns based on two different words having the same pronunciation. Cornballs.
These. Come on.

aoNg89L.png

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Her Lvl 2 + 3 SA are invincible on start up and will punish that scenario.

But it feels so risky, someone can jab away all day long, and if I miss not only do I waste my meter but of course I get punished to hell and back.

Btw I'm not clued up on frame data but is Ken's jab faster than anything Marisa has (short of SA it seems?) on wakeup?

Jun 5, 2023
No.....sigh

These. Come on.

aoNg89L.png
Yeah but this would be a pun across languages. It would just look like a mistake to someone that can read Japanese and an english speaker would think it meant dragon like the title of the game series. I'm just saying...🤷🏿‍♂️ The new title makes the same pun without looking like a mistake to a Japanese speaker. At least that's how I understand it.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
But it feels so risky, someone can jab away all day long, and if I miss not only do I waste my meter but of course I get punished to hell and back.

Btw I'm not clued up on frame data but is Ken's jab faster than anything Marisa has (short of SA it seems?) on wakeup?

His jab is negative on block, so if he's just chaining jabs... just block them until he pushes himself out? You are at a disadvantage in a wakeup situation, inherently. Either commit to something unsafe or block. That's how it is for everyone.

Yeah but this would be a pun across languages. It would just look like a mistake to someone that can read Japanese and an english speaker would think it meant dragon like the title of the game series. I'm just saying...🤷🏿‍♂️ The new title makes the same pun without looking like a mistake to a Japanese speaker. At least that's how I understand it.

What Japanese speaker is on Era that doesn't also understand English?

What English speaker can't look at the context of the thread to connect the dots?

Who are these hypothetical people?

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

That's Marisa's trade-off for having a powerful offense; your options are very limited when your opponent has set you back on your heels.

Marisa's fastest buttons IIRC are 6 frames while Ken has a 4 frame job. He'll beat you on counter-hit every time.

Last edited:

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
That's Marisa's trade-off for having a powerful offense; your options are very limited when your opponent has set you back on your heels.

Marisa's fastest buttons IIRC are 6 frames while Ken has a 4 frame job. He'll beat you on counter-hit every time.

Oooh I see, so I wasn't crazy lol. Thanks.

Yeah I feel that; as soon as I'm put under pressure I choke badly. And I feel like there's not much time to thing about blocking his jab or teching the throw and I feel like my track record is like 95% the wrong guess 😢

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

nobody hates jokes more than gamers i swear haha

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh I see, so I wasn't crazy lol. Thanks.

Yeah I feel that; as soon as I'm put under pressure I choke badly. And I feel like there's not much time to thing about blocking his jab or teching the throw and I feel like my track record is like 95% the wrong guess 😢

No, they're wrong. As previously mentioned, her cr.lp is 4 frames.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018

Marisa's 2lp is 4 frames and her 2lk is 5. Every character has at least one 4 frame move

Jun 5, 2023
His jab is negative on block, so if he's just chaining jabs... just block them until he pushes himself out? You are at a disadvantage in a wakeup situation, inherently. Either commit to something unsafe or block. That's how it is for everyone.

What Japanese speaker is on Era that doesn't also understand English?

What English speaker can't look at the context of the thread to connect the dots?

Who are these hypothetical people?
Why was it changed then? Seems like a person came in and stated that Ryu doesn't mean dragon and then they changed it. It's not really that serious.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Blergh I suck.

Trying to learn Marisa.

I'm struggling with some """cheap""" tactics. Someone got any advice on:

1. Opening up opponents defenses: obv I try to avoid jumping in but unless I do some highly punishable stuff and get lucky I can't consistently break through.

2. Is Marisa supposed to be so limited when it comes to wakeup defense? Serious question: I was playing against a Ken who be it while I was knocked down or not kinda walked up to me and spammed low LP and broke through everything I tried? And if you tell me I'm somehow supposed perfect parry these crouching jabs then I might as well uninstall the game now.

I wouldn't spam it but her superman punch is a pretty great gap closer as the heavy version really travels and its plus on block however.... the move comes out at a weird angle so if people are expecting it they can easily DP it or just straight up jump over you if timed correctly. Her stance move has both an overhead and a low sweep that reach pretty far which can be useful tools in the neutral game.

Tracksuit Larry

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 26, 2023
1. Standing Medium Punch / Scutum Command Throw if they block too much for starters.

Scutum is just fun in general. I remember winning a ranked match in the 3rd set against a Ken by basically just holding down the button after inputting Scutum. Dude was just chucking plasma with abandon trying to lock me down and I just zooped across the screen. He threw the first one and I reacted, and by the time he reacted to my reaction he had already thrown the 2nd and by the time he realized he'd basically moved me directly into his face and started to panic I just command threw him and it killed.

lol_not_ok

Mar 30, 2019

Her crouching lights are her fastest buttons, but they won't counter that on wake up. Also as someone else said you can just block there as he'll just push himself out.

Really only use those SA's in scenarios when you're sure they are committing to something, but worth a YOLO try every now and then to remind your opponents you're not completely defenseless there!

Marisa is a risky character, but she has pretty easy confirms and combo links if you gel with her. Gladius is pretty safe to use in neutral, really only loses to lows and most jump ins (will hit some, but the timing is tough). Big surprise here: defending against jump ins, lows, and oki are her big weaknesses.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a time when people voted for Like a Ryu and accepted the results it lasted like a day or two

lol_not_ok

Mar 30, 2019
Scutum is just fun in general. I remember winning a ranked match in the 3rd set against a Ken by basically just holding down the button after inputting Scutum. Dude was just chucking plasma with abandon trying to lock me down and I just zooped across the screen. He threw the first one and I reacted, and by the time he reacted to my reaction he had already thrown the 2nd and by the time he realized he'd basically moved me directly into his face and started to panic I just command threw him and it killed.
That's a good use! Never though of that! I Superman punch those scenarios most of the time if I can. OD into corner over a fireball into the command throw: Marisa Chef Kiss.

Tracksuit Larry

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 26, 2023
That's a good use! Never though of that! I Superman punch those scenarios most of the time if I can. OD into corner over a fireball into the command throw: Marisa Chef Kiss.

That's the one I try to go for in the corner just because it's real fun. That grab is the best in the game, I think. It always feels so impactful. That and I have execution problems with what seems to be the standard "oops you're dead now" combo string (M target combo + OD Dima + Green Shit + back heavy x2 + H Dima + Green Shit + back heavy + Gladius + LVL 3)

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I'm going to extend my very specific question from a little before the other thread closed to any Guile Knowers in this one:

Is cr.fHK -> (heavy) Flash Kick -> Level 3 not a viable combo? Because I can't make it happen. I can do the Flash Kick into Level 3 just fine, pretty reliably, and I'm sure there's time for that Level 3 charge, but I believe the game is just saying "fuck you, no" to that particular chain of attacks. The damage is hilarious for just three attacks, especially in Critical range, so I get it, but I have to know so I can stop trying to make the damn thing work if it just doesn't work.

I could go back into the lab and try it a bunch more, but I'm LAZY and I don't WANNA.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I ran into an Era member's Ryu in ranked, GGs whoever that was

That was probably me. ggs!

I'm going to extend my very specific question from a little before the other thread closed to any Guile Knowers in this one:

I could go back into the lab and try it a bunch more, but I'm LAZY and I don't WANNA.

It isn't. the flash kick doesn't hit early enough to cancel into lvl3.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Those tekken 8 avatars makes me happy capcom went with something similar that the players could customize as much as possible.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The new title... is indeed acceptable.
What an exhausting post.
I know, but it makes it (somewhat) easier not to be disappointed, been let down by fighting game rosters too many times recently as it is. As for the other half of it...
And this is why I am not doing their BP, previous games with a BP felt like I was driven to play because of the BP, breaking away from that is great, play on my schedule now, and I will never do another BP in any game, ever..
For me, it was one thing when they first started doing them here while I felt more compelled to play for the sake of it, but lately they've just been a chore driven by FOMO above all else.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Street Fighter needs an older women fighter. Similar to Gen but maybe with less emphasis on death.

Like the grandmother in Mulan or something.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think street fighter will ever have a traditionally unattractive woman.

I think Chunners in her current state is as old as they're willing to go.

lol_not_ok

Mar 30, 2019
That's the one I try to go for in the corner just because it's real fun. That grab is the best in the game, I think. It always feels so impactful. That and I have execution problems with what seems to be the standard "oops you're dead now" combo string (M target combo + OD Dima + Green Shit + back heavy x2 + H Dima + Green Shit + back heavy + Gladius + LVL 3)
Thankfully I'm able to save most of my drive meter by just gently sweeping the ground in front of me with a low light kick if I try to do Quadriga after either Dima. I'll blame the input reader to make myself feel better.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
This game plays fantastic but at this point I just want more characters. I love how much detail and love they put into every current character, but seeing Tekken 8's starting roster of 32 characters makes it feel much more complete. Like, if this game ends up with around 40 characters in the end, I will be thrilled. There are too many favorites and I miss playing as so many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.