What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It also gives Manon players a reason to actually use her level 3 as a combo ender. It scales so hard, it's usually better to hold onto the meter or risk landing it raw. That extra damage (assuming Capcom left the scaling alone which I don't doubt) should give her level 3-ending combos some real weight to them.
Well it's weird because one of the easy solutions to this was to just adjust the damage distribution on a couple of the specials. It's something I've been banging the drum about for a while. If you just make the first hit of her qcf+hk do like 70% of the damage, it wouldn't feel so bad to use when comboing into SA3. Same with her qcf+p.

Solidus Snake

Alt account
Banned
Apr 20, 2024

Solidus Snake

Alt account
Banned
Apr 20, 2024
That's weird, in Rooflemonger's Akuma video, he hinted at "Honda bros. got nothing to worry about."
Yeah the 2 changes listed on that website are nerfs (Easier to punish a whiffed doskoi & harder to keep pressure after hundred slaps). Maybe he has some buffs in terms of frame data to compensate :x

Because Honda is not in a good spot at all. He's (really) good against new players, but he doesn't exist anymore in higher ranks. I'd be fine for them to nerf the "noob traps" if they give him some serious stuff to use at higher level of play. But if they only nerf his shit without giving him something...

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I think someone mentioned it earlier, but Akuma's hair going fully white makes it feel like he's become Shin Akuma 24/7 and that's kinda neat.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Spooky mentionned 2 of honda buffs in his tweet.

View: https://twitter.com/teamspooky/status/1788736386801230162

A.K.I.:
QCB K cancels to SA3/CA
LP Serpent Lash gives (better) combos after punish counter

Honda:
st MP -> df HK Can cancel to Sumo Spirit
Sumo Smash is now hard knockdown.

Jamie:
f HK -> b HK~HP combos without counterhit
cr MP +3 -> +5 on hit (Huge buff?)

Kimberly:
EX Bushin Senpukyaku can cancel to SA2 (ground version only!)

Luke:
st HP can combo to LP Flash Knuckle
DDT Damage Increased.

Manon:
b HP -> QCF PP~K combos without counterhit
Medals affect Level 3 / CA damage.

Zangief:
2nd hit of Power Stomps can be special cancelled (Huge Buff)
cr HP gives better followups on Punish Counter

Oct 25, 2017
Luke getting buffs is comedy

almost nobody uses DDT so I like the Buff.

Not gonna defend the other buff lol
I don't even know what the fuck they're talking about. He can already combo into lp flash knuckle from a st.hp. Unless they mean a charged lp flash knuckle which is actually one of the things that was on my wishlist, provided the addressed some of his other horseshit.
I still miss SF5 Luke lol. Bring back b+mp!!!!

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It would be nice to see Cammy getting a worthwhile buff instead of something useless like changing the input for their level 2. Maybe something like a good normal AA?

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Is Ed really not getting any changes ?

I mean how much buff do you want because the character is already really strong.

I mean, Ed out of all fighters I get considering how recently he was released. I'm still dying of thirst for a drop of something for Marisa. I'm starting to think she might actually end up as an "alignment post" of sorts representing a happy medium to balance others toward. Which no meaningful changes of her own.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This might be good. Honda's flying buttcrack reign is merciless in low to mid, so lessening it but giving him some more combo-able ground war moves that legit work in higher comp. Luke buffs, well LOL, but I have to assume he got nerfed elsewhere since his MP of doom doesn't seem lessened.

Seems they are taking things away but also putting things into play which is good considering it would have been easy for them to mercilessly cut; as it's been mentioned before the goal should be to buff everyone not up to par as opposed to cutting the top tiers at the knees and pat yourself on the back. It would suck to have a half assed JP/Deejay (who's imho never had a good SF outing), and while fuck him now, id miss yolo Ken. Question is will your Manon's/Gief's get what they need (id put Jamie here but it seems Capgods are on a path to make him viable). With Lily they have their work cut out for them.

The drive reversal move is huge, and will impact the game in a big way in regards to how oppressive the offense can be. As annoying as it is, id rather have more defensive options then them killing (but some chars need a tweak) DR

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
This might be good. Honda's flying buttcrack reign is merciless in low to mid, so lessening it but giving him some more combo-able ground war moves is fair. Luke buffs, well LOL, but I have to assume he got nerfed elsewhere since his MP of doom doesn't seem lessened.

Seems they are taking things away but also putting things into play which is good considering it would have been easy for them to mercilessly cut; as it's been mentioned before the goal should be to buff everyone not up to par as opposed to cutting the top tiers at the knees and pat yourself on the back; it would suck to have a half assed JP/Deejay (who's imho never had a good SF outing), and while fuck him now, id miss yolo Ken. Question is will your Manon's/Gief's get what they need (id put Jamie here but it seems Capgods are on a path to make him viable). With Lily they have their work cut out for them.

They've had over a year to get their heads around how the game plays (remember the betas from 2022?). I have to think they know what needs to happen and just mercilessly nerfing Luke or Deejay into the ground isn't the answer and doesn't feel good. Homogenizing the characters is also a no-go, because once you start getting rid of the differences the game loses a lot of its longevity.

Ed has a winrate similar to Ken in Master ranks despite having difficulties with jump ins and not having a decent jab or any overhead. His moveset is diverse and deep enough that people are still figuring out tech, especially with his level 2. They know what they're doing, they've proven it, so I've got faith they're not just going to fuck this completely up. Not saying it's impossible, but I feel it's unlikely.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Akuma's Critical Art being a point blank Kongou Kokuretsuzan to the face is nutty.

Congrats to Tokido on winning EVO this year.
Kongou kokouretsu zan

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Those Manon changes looking good. Finally the juicy stuff! I was wondering why her level 3 did low damage at times not getting a KO. That crouch medium kick on counter hit now comboing is really good into standing light kick. She can only do that on drive rush previously. I think I'm now satisfied. As someone that likes to get medals… this will give me more wins.

Oct 25, 2017
its -6 on block. Lukes cr mp is 6 frames, I don't think I've seen a clip of him starting with cr hp for a punish.
It's in that tweet a few posts up. The cr.hp was blocked. I haven't kept up with any news on balance changes, as I'd rather just see them all when capcom releases it. -6 is good though, still makes it very punishable, but not devastating like a normal drive reversal. Any change to the normal one? Please be slightly faster.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Is Ed really not getting any changes ?

I mean how much buff do you want because the character is already really strong.

Just give her a good normal AA. Compare that to Chun Li's where she can get a combo from her Anti Air. Other than that her OD Spin Knuckle nerf is pointless since it doesn't have a far enough reach and is only useful mid range

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on all the new Akuma news/footage. Jesus how does this game look so fucking good. The movement/animation of these really gets me every new character release and makes me a bit giddy every time.
I also still don't really know what it is about sf6 that makes it also just look better to me than in sf5 like sometimes I see these moves lined up with each other and it's kinda the same as far as I can tell, probably just some irrational bias.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Catching up on all the new Akuma news/footage. Jesus how does this game look so fucking good. The movement/animation of these really gets me every new character release and makes me a bit giddy every time.
I also still don't really know what it is about sf6 that makes it also just look better to me than in sf5 like sometimes I see these moves lined up with each other and it's kinda the same as far as I can tell, probably just some irrational bias.

The animation in SF6 is probably the best body animation of any game I've seen, at least ones trying to have "realistic" physics and not cartoon-animated ones like GGST.

That's why it looks better. There's follow through, correct limb rotation, joint flexing, jiggle where there's supposed to be jiggle. It's kenetic and dynamic. The characters flow and morph and bend like water. And one of the big reasons is they also use slow motion instead of full hitstop on the big moves, at least.

I mean, look at all the secondary animations in this clip. Ryu is flexing his toes when he gets hit. You can see Chuns calf flex before and relax after the hit.

RQfyIox.gif

Then look at other fighting games and you start realizing why they feel a little stiff and wooden. Tekken is a huge example of this.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017

Omg yes I agree, seriously one of my top "lookers" the past few years. The animation and attention to detail is sublime,

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

mostly irrational bias. SF6 looks much better than SFV, but SFV was the best animated fighting game until 6 came out. it looked great and people hated it.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
SFV Season 3 having half a dozen questionable animations really made people forget that bar FANG SFV was a class act as far as animation goes up to that point.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Has there been any word on Marisa changes yet in the upcoming balance patch?

According to Roofle there's some characters they will not reveal info about, Lily being one of them. Marisa might also be on that list.

I imagine there's a ton of stuff they're playing close to the chest on this. I'm starting to wonder if Akuma having so many combo routes is exclusive to him... or just what's going to be the norm next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.