What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 299 41.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 11.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 315 43.4%

• Total voters

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
SF6 animations are out of this world. Only (fighting) game I know that doesn't just hold up at 0.25 speed but might look even better.

Going back to SFV is rough, although I do think it holds up for a 2016 game. I like the overall art style and in fact I still wish SF6 would have been a bit more... cartoony?... as well. There's a certain semi-realistic sheen to the game that I'm not sure works for me. But perhaps that can't be avoided when you use the REngine.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
According to Roofle there's some characters they will not reveal info about, Lily being one of them. Marisa might also be on that list.

I imagine there's a ton of stuff they're playing close to the chest on this. I'm starting to wonder if Akuma having so many combo routes is exclusive to him... or just what's going to be the norm next season.
I imagine that they're gonna have a Tekken-Talk-esque stream/video that goes over major season 2 changes that they're holding back on. That's the hope, anyway. Patch notes and blog posts only go so far. Fuckin talk about your game, Capcom!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

maxresdefault-1605111824.jpg

They used the meme!

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta lab some meaty jab setups for my characters. There's gonna be a lot of punishes out there from people not used to having a non-super reversal. Great power, great responsibility and all that.

Just give her a good normal AA. Compare that to Chun Li's where she can get a combo from her Anti Air. Other than that her OD Spin Knuckle nerf is pointless since it doesn't have a far enough reach and is only useful mid range

Chun's 5hk is 14 frame startup and her dp has no active frames. Cammy has 4mp and a dp that can hit almost any angle of jump. It even crosscuts. As far as I'm concerned, Cammy is exactly where she needs to be.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
It's in that tweet a few posts up. The cr.hp was blocked. I haven't kept up with any news on balance changes, as I'd rather just see them all when capcom releases it. -6 is good though, still makes it very punishable, but not devastating like a normal drive reversal. Any change to the normal one? Please be slightly faster.
Normal Drive Reversal is also -6 in the new Patch.

It's been buffed in general

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
It's in that tweet a few posts up. The cr.hp was blocked. I haven't kept up with any news on balance changes, as I'd rather just see them all when capcom releases it. -6 is good though, still makes it very punishable, but not devastating like a normal drive reversal. Any change to the normal one? Please be slightly faster.
It's the same 18 frame start up buff, and -6 on block now buff. Might be a bad change tho. If your character doesn't have a 6 frame medium that can pc combo into a heavy, your punish isn't as hard.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta lab some meaty jab setups for my characters. There's gonna be a lot of punishes out there from people not used to having a non-super reversal. Great power, great responsibility and all that.

Chun's 5hk is 14 frame startup and her dp has no active frames. Cammy has 4mp and a dp that can hit almost any angle of jump. It even crosscuts. As far as I'm concerned, Cammy is exactly where she needs to be.

This 5HK?
162px-SF6_Chun-Li_5mk_hitbox.png

Compared to this? It doesn't crosscut at all
SF6_Cammy_4mp_hitbox.png

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot

That's 5MK and has extremely specific, extremely limited (read: just about no) follow up potential.

Meanwhile your Cammy hit is her bnb combo starter.

Definitely, but there's no juggle so you aren't getting a combo out of it. Zombegoast was talking about 5HK.

There's some super limited followup but it's so precise and weak that it's not worth the effort of potentially messing up and eating a counter lol.

(And just to be clear, I used "followup" instead of "combo")

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
That's 5MK and has extremely specific, extremely limited (read: just about no) follow up potential.

There's some super limited followup but it's so precise and weak that it's not worth the effort of potentially messing up and eating a counter lol.
That's not chuns 5hk and it doesn't combo. For Cammy, dp and crosscut dp should cover everything 4mp doesn't hit.

Oh this one which is her 1st active frame.
EQwQprp.png

And no, I play Cammy, she fucking dies to crossups if you do 4MK AA and can't AA against certain jump in like Aki's Jump HP. It's just a hurtbox in the first active frame above her head with only 3 frames of AA invulnerability

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've heard of anyone really complaining about Cammy's AA abilities. I mean I get it, her b+mp ain't like SF5, but it certainly isn't terrible. Once I made the adjustment, it was fine. And she has a good dp that goes far as hell and punishes neutral jumps

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Oh this one which is her 1st active frame.
EQwQprp.png

And no, I play Cammy, she fucking dies to crossups if you do 4MK AA and can't AA against certain jump in like Aki's Jump HP. It's just a hurtbox in the first active frame above her head with only 3 frames of AA invulnerability

It's 14 frame startup and hits in front of her. Chun pretty much has to be waiting for a long range jump-in to land that move and no one's anti-airing Aki's jump hp if she's using it at the right range. That's like the deepest jump attack in the game.

again, Cammy's dp and crosscut are your primary anti-airs. 4MP is a backup if you don't think you can get the motion out in time. Cammy has the walk speed to keep people on the ground, too.

I don't think I've heard of anyone really complaining about Cammy's AA abilities. I mean I get it, her b+mp ain't like SF5, but it certainly isn't terrible. Once I made the adjustment, it was fine. And she has a good dp that goes far as hell and punishes neutral jumps

I think a lot of people got used to easy anti-air in 5. Jabs were insane when I played it the most, but I think they toned that down in later seasons.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
This fucking rocks

Demon Flip Sweep plus on block lmaooo

Tokido really is gonna win EVO. That's my GOAT.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already cracking under the pressure of playing akuma in the 3rd round when we both got full sticks of butter and you just knocked me down and I want to reversal somehow. lol.

I'm gonna die. :(

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my Marisa to Master rank.

Still feel that I'm pretty scrubby and the Guile opponent that got me there missed a mountain of chances to keep me in Diamond.
Still, a win is a win in the world of fighting games and I shouldn't downplay the matches that got me here.

God damn this is so rewarding of a genre.

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyOilyWitchBabyRage-_tGGS93lhtNx5jS_

Looking forward to revisiting Honda, honing up my Marisa and picking up another character to Master rank.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It's 14 frame startup and hits in front of her. Chun pretty much has to be waiting for a long range jump-in to land that move and no one's anti-airing Aki's jump hp if she's using it at the right range. That's like the deepest jump attack in the game.

again, Cammy's dp and crosscut are your primary anti-airs. 4MP is a backup if you don't think you can get the motion out in time. Cammy has the walk speed to keep people on the ground, too.

I think a lot of people got used to easy anti-air in 5. Jabs were insane when I played it the most, but I think they toned that down in later seasons.

When your trying to move to space, it can be difficult to do DPs, meanwhile Chun Li's AA is down down kicks

This site is a very useful to see hitboxes by frame

Look up Cammy's 4Mk, it's total active frame with no hurtbox is 1 frame
ultimateframedata.com

Cammy — Ultimate Frame Data

Mobile-friendly Frame Data for Cammy in Street Fighter 6.

And compare it to 2HP to any character like Ken where the total active frame is 4 frames with no hurtbox during the entire active frame
ultimateframedata.com

Ken — Ultimate Frame Data

Mobile-friendly Frame Data for Ken in Street Fighter 6.

Even Ryu's 4HP is a better AA being 3 frames

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
When your trying to move to space, it can be difficult to do DPs, meanwhile Chun Li's AA is down down kicks

This site is a very useful to see hitboxes by frame

Look up Cammy's 4Mk, it's total active frame with no hurtbox is 1 frame
ultimateframedata.com

Cammy — Ultimate Frame Data

Mobile-friendly Frame Data for Cammy in Street Fighter 6.

And compare it to 2HP to any character like Ken where the total active frame is 4 frames with no hurtbox during the entire active frame
ultimateframedata.com

Ken — Ultimate Frame Data

Mobile-friendly Frame Data for Ken in Street Fighter 6.

Even Ryu's 4HP is a better AA being 3 frames

You need to look at that hitbox viewer again. It doesn't have a hurtbox until after its 5 active frames, which is 2-3 more than Chuns dp lol.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Any universal pointers for going from 1500 MR to 1600?

Thinking loudly:
- Using drive reversal more effectively
- Learn match ups better, especially what your opponents characters can and can't get away with
- Learn optimal combos based on context
- Better balance between yolo moments and, when appropriate, risk averse play.

What else?

I play Marisa and I think that the characters I struggle with the most at 1600 and above are:

- JP (duh)
- Juri (too much pressure)
- Lily (yeah I know…)
- Rashid (see Juri)
- AKI (especially legit good ones)
- Kim (if they got strong oki)
- Chun (a good Chun beats me by just using normals if they want)
- Sim (a good Sim just wears me down and forces me to play too risky, inconsistently, and just poorly in general).

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
If you're having problems AAing with Cammy, it's entirely a skill issue on your part.
Agreed

Her DP is fantastic, her 4mp is good as a back up, her walk speed helps as far as walk unders or dashing back real quick, and they misspace you got bhk which can lead to good damage for an anti air.

And come to think of it "Other than that her OD Spin Knuckle nerf is pointless since it doesn't have a far enough reach and is only useful mid range" that was actually a wild statement lol

(And just to be clear, I used "followup" instead of "combo")
This is false tho, cammy also doesn't get a combo off her bmp off an anti air situation, she's not getting her tc there on anti air hit. And if we just comparing it to buttons, Chun Li's mk is a better anti air button than anything Cammy has buttons wise. And she gets way better return on hk anti air than what cammy gets from bhk.

I'd rather have Cammy's DP over Chun Li's dp, input aside, for both a reversal and an anti air tho.

Last edited:

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I played against a really good Blanka in the battle hub, way beyond my low-Plat level.

He has lots of little tricks like the slide and the blanka ball that falls short into a grab, but MAN some of his combos are just crazy. He gets like this full juggle off of an anti-air lol. When he has meter I am actually dead in 2 combos. Felt like a little much tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Any universal pointers for going from 1500 MR to 1600?

Thinking loudly:
- Using drive reversal more effectively
- Learn match ups better, especially what your opponents characters can and can't get away with
- Learn optimal combos based on context
- Better balance between yolo moments and, when appropriate, risk averse play.

What else?

I play Marisa and I think that the characters I struggle with the most at 1600 and above are:

- JP (duh)
- Juri (too much pressure)
- Lily (yeah I know…)
- Rashid (see Juri)
- AKI (especially legit good ones)
- Kim (if they got strong oki)
- Chun (a good Chun beats me by just using normals if they want)
- Sim (a good Sim just wears me down and forces me to play too risky, inconsistently, and just poorly in general).
I think playing slower/more patient becomes a lot more important.

The using drive reversal more effectively bullet point you said, I think should be use drive reversal less lol.....which I guess would be using it more effectively. It's just so fucking bad. I've finally trained myself to only use it in block strings where I know it works. I can't tell you how many games I used to lose using it on jump ins. I'm still guilty of that against Gief though. Gief makes my brain turn into mush.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely clear about what the umbrella of universal pointers is meant to summarize but I'm just gonna paraphrase Sajam here a bit, as you get higher and higher in ranks the reality is there aren't just gonna be really any universal catch all things to improve on. The things to improve on are gonna become more and more specific.
Like you can say learn match ups better but that is also just a lot of playing and memorization of situations and movedata and like you're still tackling that one by one(move by move) and you're not downloading an entire character into your brain all at once. There is just no universal "learn to anti air and this will be something you can apply across almost all your matches".

I guess and this is something that people generally do not do(cause to most it isn't fun) but I think the value from my own experience(from other games) and from what I know from others and even from pros talking about it in other games is any game that has replays learn to use that.
Learning how you can take out self critical info from your own replays or replays from other players is I guess one of those more universal skills that can speed up improvement a lot.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
what's the drive rush jab change at the end for us non-japanese speakers in the back? is that just Luke or universal?
Nothing to do with drive rush jab. In the last bit he just gives an overview opinion on the changes. As for what he commented on at the end specifically, he was saying something like as a Luke main although it's going to be troublesome to relearn the character with the changes he is looking forward to how these new combo options(stuff like from the middle of the video how st.HP connects to flash knuckle) can be used in play.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to do with drive rush jab. In the last bit he just gives an overview opinion on the changes. As for what he commented on at the end specifically, he was saying something like as a Luke main although it's going to be troublesome to relearn the character with the changes he is looking forward to how these new combo options(stuff like from the middle of the video how st.HP connects to flash knuckle) can be used in play.
Hmmmm I want to watch the vid, but I must resist, especially because I probably won't understand.

I wonder what he means by relearn the character. Hoping they didn't fuck with many combo routes. Those are always the most annoying changes.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

got it. thanks

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm I want to watch the vid, but I must resist, especially because I probably won't understand.

I wonder what he means by relearn the character. Hoping they didn't fuck with many combo routes. Those are always the most annoying changes.
It's meant simply about how the new options are gonna possibly change how to play. I dunno maybe there is a better word than relearning I'm just kinda paraphrasing. It's nothing deeper than how when they introduced the drive rush shortcut and people that were used to inputting it directly had the choice of relearning it with the shortcut. It's not meant as relearning as in if Luke is completely different.

Okay after looking at the exact changes again I had to look up some terms I wasn't familiar with given I just haven't really been exposed much JP fighting lingo but basically for Luke what changed as far as the video describes:
1. you can link st.HP into light Flash Knuckle
2. on punish counter you can link still st.HP I think into medium Flash Knuckle
That's all the video says I'm not a Luke player so I don't really know how meaningful that is.

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I noticed recently that gief is able to drive rush cancel a whiffed jab and lk, is he the only one who can do that?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I noticed recently that gief is able to drive rush cancel a whiffed jab and lk, is he the only one who can do that?

that was part of the drive rush change that came with the Rashid update.

Tokido was cheesing people out by buffering Drive Rush behind lights, so Capcom shut that shit down

you must be using forward, forward instead of MP+MK to DRC if you haven't noticed it before

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Not entirely clear about what the umbrella of universal pointers is meant to summarize but I'm just gonna paraphrase Sajam here a bit, as you get higher and higher in ranks the reality is there aren't just gonna be really any universal catch all things to improve on. The things to improve on are gonna become more and more specific.
Like you can say learn match ups better but that is also just a lot of playing and memorization of situations and movedata and like you're still tackling that one by one(move by move) and you're not downloading an entire character into your brain all at once. There is just no universal "learn to anti air and this will be something you can apply across almost all your matches".

I guess and this is something that people generally do not do(cause to most it isn't fun) but I think the value from my own experience(from other games) and from what I know from others and even from pros talking about it in other games is any game that has replays learn to use that.
Learning how you can take out self critical info from your own replays or replays from other players is I guess one of those more universal skills that can speed up improvement a lot.
Scout yourself, your habits, and what other people are keying off on. You'll find holes in your game, in areas that can be worked on, optimized or whatever. It's not like you can't get better in neutral, or at footsies, or even anti airing. Even your combo selection, heat of the moment you might not always realize, oh I could have saved some drive bar here, or honestly I need to get better confirms in this situation.

Adaptability is imo the hardest skill in fighting games, the better you get. That takes reps, and some self scouting to go along with genuinely being able to process game info quicker and apply adjustments.

A lot

of the fun in this game for me, and part of my struggle at times has been not realizing in the moment how bad I can be about not picking up on a certain habit that has an easy answer, or just spending more drive gauge than I needed on drc combos, when a simple counter hit confirm into special into knockdown was gonna let me run my offense anyway.

Blanka really became enemy public number 1 after evo japan lmao

Rightfully so, lightning beast is some bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit. His heavy kick is insane too, especially as a button he can throw from drive rush. Shits infuriating to try to check.

This is one of my biggest disappointments with some of the footage we been saying is how in tact the rest of the systems mechanics seem to be. NO one is noticing more of an extended hurt box on drive rushes, or a pc state, or tap parry being more punishable, and by all accounts the damage output still looks nutty. Think this game would benefit from some damage reduction across the board, slow down the meter gain to boot.