What system are you primarily playing Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 330 41.5%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 86 10.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • PC / Steam

Votes: 350 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Random question here.

What are the optimal NVCP settings for SF6/T8 when it comes to the lowest input lag? I just bought a 240hz G-Sync QD-OLED a few weeks ago so I'm trying to figure out what I should have on or off when the game is locked to 60 and I have a 4090 so it's never going below that.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Gah, I'd forgotten how boring it can be playing against high level Lukes. Constant c.mp fishing for that third of my bar, virtually meterless, combo.

Remind me, is that part of S2 balance adjustments because I'd hate to built an entire character specific gameplay around a single damn normal.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the costumes are also landing with Akuma feel like Capcom should do a season trailer mostly for that even if they don't do it usually.
Or even cut the season 2 teases if you think all the 4 costumes are enough to make a trailer.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I want Capcom to draw the costume reveals out just so we have something new to look forward to every day.
  • Tomorrow - Rashid outfit 3 artwork and designer comments
  • Tuesday - A.K.I. outfit 3 artwork and designer comments
  • Wednesday - Ed outfit 3 artwork and designer comments
  • Thursday - Akuma outfit 3 artwork and designer comments
  • Friday - outfit 3 gameplay trailer

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
EndingWalker is killing it this weekend. Him and Problem X are looking pretty good for season 2. Brussels Challenge has been amazing so far. Also this is probably the last time we see Tokido on Ken lol.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I like things about direction they are going with Manon's changes but don't think what they've shown will be enough to move the needle for her outside of the drive reversal change. She needed better combo damage but her interactions related to the drive system still disadvantage her more than most other characters. Without a better drive rush or at least a better move for checking drive rush she will still struggle in all the same match ups. Her anti fireball tools still need buffs to perform the function they are meant to have. She is still very meter dependent too. She is still the only character to my knowledge with access to plus frames with spending meter on drive rush or burnout.

I understand this is far from a full set of changes, but the fact that they showed off 2 buffs that address the same flaw and both in ways that require significant meter is a little concerning. If they said stand me was 6 frames, or made 4mk +1 on block if you don't do the target combo or something and I would've been a lot happier. I'm worried that Capcom will spend 3 seasons on buffs that aren't impactful like did for Alex in sf5, which would be a shame for a character with such an interesting play style

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
I like things about direction they are going with Manon's changes but don't think what they've shown will be enough to move the needle for her outside of the drive reversal change. She needed better combo damage but her interactions related to the drive system still disadvantage her more than most other characters. Without a better drive rush or at least a better move for checking drive rush she will still struggle in all the same match ups. Her anti fireball tools still need buffs to perform the function they are meant to have. She is still very meter dependent too. She is still the only character to my knowledge with access to plus frames with spending meter on drive rush or burnout.

I understand this is far from a full set of changes, but the fact that they showed off 2 buffs that address the same flaw and both in ways that require significant meter is a little concerning. If they said stand me was 6 frames, or made 4mk +1 on block if you don't do the target combo or something and I would've been a lot happier. I'm worried that Capcom will spend 3 seasons on buffs that aren't impactful like did for Alex in sf5, which would be a shame for a character with such an interesting play style

I feel the same way and I fear without some more significant changes, we might officially lose iDom from the game (unless he decides to change characters which seems less and less likely).

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way and I fear without some more significant changes, we might officially lose iDom from the game (unless he decides to change characters which seems less and less likely).

Good riddance I guess? I'm not gonna miss a player who complains about the game non-stop and refuses to pick up another character.

The players worth watching aren't waiting for their character to get buffed to get their wins.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Only 10 more days!!
I wonder what we'll get this week trailer wise. Last week we got akuma's theme and his gameplay guide. Would love a outfit 3 trailer and maybe a season 2 balance change preview.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Welcome back, man. We missed you.

giphy.gif

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Are there any VODS of this tourney? Kept looking at the Reversalgg twitch but they only have the Tekken stuff on?
I think SF6 was on Damascus stream but top8 was on Reversal.
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
Should be up on Reversal youtube account soon.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So Japan thinks Blanka is top tier now? He's always been a sleeper top tier pick to me honestly. He's really hard to play at high level... I think MenaRD is just THAT good.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Not going to happen for season 2 but I would really like to see them go absolutely wild with the drive system. Like have characters with less meter, some with more, maybe even have 1 character with no drive meter but is stupid broken in other ways, like maybe Makoto's buff super puts her in burnout and that's how she gets stronger. Stuff like that. Not saying they need to reinvent the wheel with every character like guilty gear does but there's definitely more to play around with here than what we have so far. They could get real crazy with it is all I'm saying.

Also v shift was dope. They should bring that back somehow.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Not going to happen for season 2 but I would really like to see them go absolutely wild with the drive system. Like have characters with less meter, some with more, maybe even have 1 character with no drive meter but is stupid broken in other ways, like maybe Makoto's buff super puts her in burnout and that's how she gets stronger. Stuff like that. Not saying they need to reinvent the wheel with every character like guilty gear does but there's definitely more to play around with here than what we have so far. They could get real crazy with it is all I'm saying.

Also v shift was dope. They should bring that back somehow.

I agree. Like Gill having no crush counters.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
I always thought that the lack of a jukebox mode was to honor the music team as so much work went into making this game the complete product it was at launch. I guess that ends here, lol.

Can't read Japanese, anyone know if that's a truly customizable Juke box? I'm guessing no external tracks and only tracks you've received through the battle passes + all in-game tracks(like World Tour) can be loaded up?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
If the jukebox works the way I hope it does, Im about to buy every battle pass for the rest of this game's lifespan just to get the old music.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
If the jukebox works the way I hope it does, Im about to buy every battle pass for the rest of this game's lifespan just to get the old music.
Yep I was buying the early passes just for music in the hopes of one day playing them on stages.

Ive fallen off and haven't purchased one in months but that changes if jukebox is play any song in ranked.

Hell I'm about to buy this months battle pass right now just in case 😂

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Isn't season 2 on May 22?

While Year 2 is later?

I thought season refers to the balance and Year the character pass

Year 2 is probably going to start May 22nd with the release of Akuma, since the game released June 6th, right?

The first offline qualifier for CPT 11 is EVO in July.

Also, I reserve the right to be completely wrong because Capcom has been absolutely bugfuck with their scheduling.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Ranked Updated

The Year is 2024 and I won my First Ultra Street Fighter 4 Ranked Match (Akuma mirror)

I'm ultra silver close to gold in Street Fighter 5 (Laura)

I'm Locked in and doing Really well in SF6. Close to getting Diamond 3 (A.K.I.)

For the first time ever Master feels like an actually achievable goal (especially when those Season 2 Buffs Hit💪)

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Akuma might end up being be a decent matchup for A.K.I.

Her poison damage over time will end up being More relevant than ever do to Akuma's health value.

She has Ex slide out of demon flip set ups since he can't throw until landing

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So now that he's been out for a bit, Ed considered pretty strong?

I wonder when we'll get the s2 announcement.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All the big patches so far also came with some nice QoL and new features so I'm pretty interested to see what else there might be

Status
Not open for further replies.