• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking for this Juri stuff I found this in the \Content\Chara\JRI\DataAsset\DA_JRI_PSListContainer.usasset file (public PC client) that seems to reference a second Critical Art:
HXFSTKa.png

Considering that it's next to DA_JRI_VR (Juri's V-Reversal), DA_JRI_VSkl (Juri's V-Skill), DA_JRI_VT (Juri's V-Trigger) I'd understand if people like X-Kira or someone else would see it as an implemented a second Custom Art.

Please notice that this file also references "/Game/Chara/JRI/VFx/DataAsset/DA_JRI_CA02". so it seems that at least they have implemented a visual effect for this second Critical Art (if they mean Critical Art with this CA, and to play it safe if they don't mean that it was a placeholder, an old WIP version, or a rejected version).

Edit: I went to check out the same file for another character and randomly selected Cammy to see if this CA02 reference is also there for the other characters, and saw that Cammy doesn't have it (so maybe this is why X-Kira selected here, I'll check out the other characters too):
HXG1EMw.png

Edit2: I saw than most characters are like Cammy, don't have this CA02 reference. But saw that some of them like Z21 (Akuma), Z22 (Ed) or Z32 (Kage) have it:
HXG8r5D.png

HXG7z3X.png

Now I'm thinking... do Juri, Akuma, Ed or Kage change their CA when selecting each V-Trigger? If it's the case it would make sense that they would put a second, separate file even if it's the same CA but with slightly different changes like speed or damage.

Edit3: Guile seems to have something different, that judging by the name sounds like a VTrigger related variation, maybe?

HXGcJk8.png

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So to make 100% sure you should find additional evidence of this somwhat implemented, as it would be to find stuff like animation or sound effect files for them, at least placeholders for this upcoming content, etc. Looking at the image of his tweets, it implies he got sound effect files that he can play in a sound player. If it's the case, then they are coming. Obviously another possibility is what you mention, what he found the VR1, VS1 naming and assumed that it implied that a VR2 and VS2 version are coming (something that unless he really found CA2, VR2 sound effect files, I see that 2nd versions of all these are a possibility but not a fact).
What makes me doubt it is A) the file names don't match up to sound effects currently in the game B) the names of the moves are usually in all caps. If he did find sound effects, then either they're named differently on the QA server, or he renamed them and made guesses about the names.

To give an example of how X-Kira has a tendency to interpret things incorrectly, take a look at some of his reveals from last year: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...tamines-new-game-edition.65708/#post-12117726

I can't vouch for most of it, but of particular interest is his claim that there were already animation files for Ed's CA2 in the PC version. The following files DO exist (Z22 is Ed's character code):
Z22_UCA_1.uasset
Z22_UCA_1_T.uasset
Z22_UCA_2.uasset
Z22_UCD_2.uasset
DA_Z22_CA2.uasset
DA_Z22_CA.uasset

At first glance, it does look like Ed might have a second CA. But if you load the files into UE Viewer, you'll find that they actually split Ed's current CA animation into two parts: CA1 (the initial flurry of punches), and then CA2 (the cinematic angle if the first half connects).

Juri's case appears to be similar. For example, there are references to "JRI/VFx/ParticleSystems/CA_EyeFlash" in CA01, and "JRI/VFx/ParticleSystems/CA_ShotAura" in CA02. That fits with her current CA beginning with an eye flash before releasing the actual shot.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't vouch for most of it, but of particular interest is his claim that there were already animation files for Ed's CA2 in the PC version. The following files DO exist (Z22 is Ed's character code):
Z22_UCA_1.uasset
Z22_UCA_1_T.uasset
Z22_UCA_2.uasset
Z22_UCD_2.uasset
DA_Z22_CA2.uasset
DA_Z22_CA.uasset

At first glance, it does look like Ed might have a second CA. But if you load the files into UE Viewer, you'll find that they actually split Ed's current CA animation into two parts: CA1 (the initial flurry of punches), and then CA2 (the cinematic angle if the first half connects).

Juri's case appears to be similar. For example, there are references to "JRI/VFx/ParticleSystems/CA_EyeFlash" in CA01, and "JRI/VFx/ParticleSystems/CA_ShotAura" in CA02. That fits with her current CA beginning with an eye flash before releasing the actual shot.
Yep, I edited my previous post to add extra info I found. In addition to Juri, Ed, Akuma or Kage also have these CA02 things.

With the UE Viewer I can only load textures or models. How do I load animations?

HXGAuDc.png

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. But I can't watch these animations unless @Shangs mentions me how to play animations in UE Viewer.

Edit: I think I found a tutorial that may help me. I'll try to open these animations.
I'm away from my PC right now, but the gist of it is you have to take the animation files, the skeleton file from the CMN folder, and a mesh file of your choice and put them all into the same folder. Once you've done that, open the mesh in UE viewer, then look for the menu option to load animations (I think you can also press Ctrl+a). I believe you can press [ or ] to cycle through the animations, and press space to play. It's been a while since I've done it, though.

For what it's worth, I went through some of the animations and don't recall finding anything unused, though Killbox found an unused Bison teleport: https://mobile.twitter.com/Killbawx/status/882620640213291010

I even tried looking for Chun's unused air kick, but they completely removed the animation.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, so X-Kira was definitely lying, then. Again.

Even if there are extra files for Juri's VS2, VR2, and CA2 that somehow only he could find, he still fully-invented their supposed filenames and didn't even get the formatting right.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm away from my PC right now, but the gist of it is you have to take the animation files, the skeleton file from the CMN folder, and a mesh file of your choice and put them all into the same folder. Once you've done that, open the mesh in UE viewer, then look for the menu option to load animations (I think you can also press Ctrl+a). I believe you can press [ or ] to cycle through the animations, and press space to play. It's been a while since I've done it, though.

For what it's worth, I went through some of the animations and don't recall finding anything unused, though Killbox found an unused Bison teleport: https://mobile.twitter.com/Killbawx/status/882620640213291010

I even tried looking for Chun's unused air kick, but they completely removed the animation.
Thanks. I came back to mention I already realized it with the tutorial. The issue I had is that the app crashed due to memory leak because I was loading the entire chara. Folder there. If I move a character and the CMD folder to a separate folder it works.

Now I can play Juri's animations (here's an example of her known, normal CA we have in the have) but I just saw that unlike with Ed's case, her CA_2 animation isn't in the folder:
HXH8QCU.png

HXH9Arz.png

Cool, so X-Kira was definitely lying, then. Again.

Even if there are extra files for Juri's VS2, VR2, and CA2 that somehow only he could find, he still fully-invented their supposed filenames and didn't even get the formatting right.
We don't have anything to prove he was lying. As posted above I found some stuff that maybe made think him that there was that stuff there, as I thought when I saw it. As an example, I found that the current game specifies CA2 file for Juri, Akuma or Kage. In Juri's case, there isn't a 2nd CA animation in the public client. For Akuma or Ed, it's there. I'm gonna check for all these characters if as Shang said at least for Ed these 2 animations are 2 parts of the current CA we know.

Even if we don't find anything, maybe it's because we didn't find properly in all places and X-Kira did. And maybe it's true that X-Kira has access to the QA builds, so he can get extra files from there. Maybe he gets some server responses that leads him to think that. See his recent tweet, sounds legit:

Regarding the naming of the audio files he seems to have in the music player maybe they are legit but he renamed them.

Edit: For Akuma, his UCA_1 animation is Shun Goku Satsu, UCA_02 is Sekia Kuretsuha. Regarding Kage, his UCA_01 animation is the Raging Demon and the other one is Metsu Shoryuken. For Ed I made a video instead since X-Kira said he thought that Ed's animation for the 2nd CA was in the client:

I found these animations, notice the name animation in the bottom left corner, they are separated ones when normally there is a single animation. At first sight they seem to be two different CA, notice how the 2nd one ends in a big slowdown hook. Then I went to watch it ingame and they seem to be different parts of the same Critical Art animation we all know.

It doesn't mean he was lying, maybe he thought that since Akuma has CA_1 animation for a Shun Goku Satsu and CA_2 for Sekia Kuretsuha, for Ed CA_1 and CA_2 were different animations instead of parts of the same one. To be sometimes wrong doesn't mean you are lying.

Last edited:

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a difference between guessing wrong and lying and it's all in how you present your information.

Had he said "based on some files I'm looking at in the beta client, I think Juri might have a VS2, VR2, and CA2 in the works" that'd be one thing. But he didn't do that; he presented it as ironclad fact that he had right in front of him without any proof or corroboration other than a hastily-photoshopped image showing fake files that weren't even named properly.

It's the same thing when he "leaked" that Byron Taylor was going to be playable in Season 2. Had he just said "based on files I found I think Byron might be a playable character" no one would have given it a second thought, but he instead said "Byron is coming" which was lie, plain and simple. And it was far from the last time he made an unsubstantiated claim that turned out to be false too; even if they're simply speculation based on real datamines, when you make claims that turn out to be false, you've lied.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
The black hole that is Capcom's communication causes fans to be just desperate for ANYTHING. X-Kira, though clearly full of shit, meets that criteria. X-Kira is the symptom of the sickness that is Capcom's communication.

Good observation!

They could have at least given us a date for the next shit by now. If they are showing something at EVO Japan then start building some hype now for chrissakes!

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The black hole that is Capcom's communication causes fans to be just desperate for ANYTHING. X-Kira, though clearly full of shit, meets that criteria. X-Kira is the symptom of the sickness that is Capcom's communication.

The people want something. And capcom is not making it happen. So the cartels are sliding in to give it to them. I mean, X-kira.

O yea, Xian posted this on his chat:

Jesu International Challenge Cup ( 1/27 ) Japan 2pm ( JST ) SFV Team Japan (Tokido, Fuudo, Nemo) vs Team Asia (NL, Oil King, Humanbomb) Tekken 7 Team Japan (Top 3 from JeSU Pro Qualifier Tournament) vs Team Asia (AK, Sora, Book) Jesu International Pro License 3v3 Exclusive English Commentary on twitch.tv/xianmsg

Last edited:

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Excellent Adventures to see @justdoit GGs man. Not watched it in ages, it was good fun. But good god I miss Mike Ross, really is a massive shame he did not get on with SFV and decided to chuck it all in.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Speaking of bad leaks, the SFV installation on my laptop appears to have randomly developed a memory leak. Always fun when that happens.

Was there an update or something?

Edit: Turns out it was Windows deciding to be a shithead by making the entire SFV folder read-only. All of my folders, in fact. What the fuck.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
ALL LAURA PLAYERS ARE FUCKING FRAUDS

Facts only.

Watched Excellent Adventures to see @justdoit GGs man. Not watched it in ages, it was good fun. But good god I miss Mike Ross, really is a massive shame he did not get on with SFV and decided to chuck it all in.

I miss Mike too. I'd watch him play Guilty Gear on Excellent Adventures, and I'm not even into Gear like that (Waxl's Axl is solid tho).

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Atleast she isn't as bad as Birdie. Fuck that character and everyone who mains him.

There's like only a handful of characters I actually like to fight.

ABG HELL NO
AKU HELL NO
ALX HELL NO
BLR no
BRD HELL NO
BLANKA no
BSN HELL NO
CMY nope
CHUN nope
CODY yes
DSM no
ED FUCK NO
FALKE yes
FAN no
G yes
GUL no
IBK no
JRI no
KAGE yes
KEN yes
KLN no
KRN NO
LAR FUCK THIS FUCKING CHARACTER
MNT hell no
NCL yes (super easy actually after finally learning the match up after having a hard time with him season 1)
NSH NO
RMK NO
RSD FUCK NO
RYU HELL NO (those fucking dashes)
SAKURA yes
SAGAT yes
URN yes
VEG no
ZGF NO
ZKU NOPE

Like, so many characters are just straight up not "fun" to play against.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
None of the characters I play do particularly well against Laura, so it's pretty annoying. Obviously, how you feel against a certain character will largely depend on who you yourself play.

Laura players also tend to be pretty YOLO, and get rewarded for it online, too. Mika used to be that way in S1. Those were fun times.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
None of the characters I play do particularly well against Laura, so it's pretty annoying. Obviously, how you feel against a certain character will largely depend on who you yourself play.

Laura players also tend to be pretty YOLO, and get rewarded for it online, too. Mika used to be that way in S1. Those were fun times.

I would not want to play your Menat, even though I don't think Menat is a terrible matchup for Laura. I do think Laura loses it a little tho. Just slightly. Whoever pops trigger first probably wins.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would not want to play your Menat, even though I don't think Menat is a terrible matchup for Laura. I do think Laura loses it a little tho. Just slightly. Whoever pops trigger first probably wins.
I think it's rather even. Had a set with a great Laura the other day, which taught me some stuff about defense against her.

It's the usual story of as long as I can keep her out and predict where she's going to be before she is, it's good. But she'll get in eventually, and once she does, it can fall apart immediately, especially since Menat can't V-Reversal (or, rather, it's extremely risky to do so).

Laura's movements are rather linear (straight forward on the ground except for V-Skill going over st.HP, straight forward in the air with no way to change trajectory), so that makes things easier. But it gets scary when the Laura starts doing stuff like st.HK (blocked) > EX elbow to pre-empt a poke or some other kinda nonsense to get in and wreak havoc.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get over the "That's how you start a fight and finish it quickly" mistranslation. Makes no sense. Very appropriate for her.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's rather even. Had a set with a great Laura the other day, which taught me some stuff about defense against her.

It's the usual story of as long as I can keep her out and predict where she's going to be before she is, it's good. But she'll get in eventually, and once she does, it can fall apart immediately, especially since Menat can't V-Reversal (or, rather, it's extremely risky to do so).

Laura's movements are rather linear (straight forward on the ground except for V-Skill going over st.HP, straight forward in the air with no way to change trajectory), so that makes things easier. But it gets scary when the Laura starts doing stuff like st.HK (blocked) > EX elbow to pre-empt a poke or some other kinda nonsense to get in and wreak havoc.

I really just said that to get some tech out of you. Thanks!!!

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Atleast she isn't as bad as Birdie. Fuck that character and everyone who mains him.

Other than Birdie just throwing normals out because they can't be whiffed punished, he's predictable.

Laura is a vortex character that forces you to guess.

She got a command throw knockdown? She will either dash or do a st fierce CC. And it's not something you can react.

So if she gets the CC, she then she get her ambiguous cross under. If you managed to block it, she becomes +5 and then you have to guess after and get out of her pressure.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Laura is not very vortexy for a grappler. Her only true vortex set up is ex command throw, and that costs a meter. She's just harder to keep out than most grapplers because of her dashes and fireball.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Laura is not very vortexy for a grappler. Her only true vortex set up is ex command throw, and that costs a meter. She's just harder to keep out than most grapplers because of her dashes and fireball.

Laura isn't a vortex but she is oppression station. She can make you feel helpless and then dash out to bait something and than ex-thunderclap to fuck you over and start it over again.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sagat, Nash, Juri, Falke, Ed and Dhalsim though. I want to say Zeku is relatively honest too despite being better than all of those.
Ed's not too bad, but honestly I play Ed and sometimes I feel like I steal matches with VT2 just because the player has no idea what to do against it. More people are wising up to those shenanigans though. :/

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I just had a dream where david young from d4 dark dreams dont die was a guest character in sf5.
Dunno why thar chara in particular was what my dream chose but it was a relaxing sleep all around.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't there have to be an update next week because the Bison fighting chance is about to be over?
Ed's not too bad, but honestly I play Ed and sometimes I feel like I steal matches with VT2 just because the player has no idea what to do against it. More people are wising up to those shenanigans though. :/
Yeah. It's similar to a lot of VT2s where people have no idea what to do because they aren't used. Cammy's is similar and so is Birdie's.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Sagat, Nash, Juri, Falke, Ed and Dhalsim though. I want to say Zeku is relatively honest too despite being better than all of those.
Despite his short comings

Ed is very much capable of highway robbery

Its harder to do than a lot of people and sometimes require knowing someone is gonna fuck up. But high way robbery can occur.

3 ex Psycho uppers on the other person's wake up one after another is one of my favorites

Zombegoast

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

So what if it cost meter? Her whole comeback is taking enough hits to get meter.

90% of my loses from Laura is because I throw and they tech. Even though Laura had her St.MK nerfed, it still faster than Cammy's 8f St.MK or her 9f Cr.HP.

So I have to play defensively and try not to get touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.