• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the pitch video covers some important things, like an answer to the question "are you seriously just trying to retell Suikoden II's story again in a brand new setting"?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
F5'ing Kickstarter, nothing showing up yet lol
I've never been waiting for a Kicstarter to begin before.
Can't wait to see (hopefully) physical tiers for this.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
unknown.png

So is it Switch or not?

Edit: Looks like if there's not a Switch 2 announced by then, they'll either port it to Switch or refund backers.

unknown.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pitch video was cute but it didn't actually cover anything or really make me more confident in the project. Was really hoping Murayama would talk about their plans and how they're going to handle development.

unknown.png

So is it Switch or not?

They already said they don't want to commit to Switch right now so they're assuming Nintendo will have a new console out by the time the game is done. They'll reassess Switch later.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The digital tier is pretty pricey, not gonna lie...

Will probably still back tho

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
They have a whole section on how they plan to not screw up the kickstarter by looking at other failed ones. I am hopeful.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Pitch video was cute but it didn't actually cover anything or really make me more confident in the project. Was really hoping Murayama would talk about their plans and how they're going to handle development.

They already said they don't want to commit to Switch right now so they're assuming Nintendo will have a new console out by the time the game is done. They'll reassess Switch later.
Oh, you're right. It's like two paragraphs later lol.

Oct 27, 2017
They don't commit to Switch but expect PS4 and XboxOne releases in 2022 (or later)?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think tempering expectations may be best. Maybe $750 to be one of the half-dozen interchangeable critter party members that aren't a star.

latest
latest
latest
latest
Suikoden really went ham with all the different beastman races.

Duck people (seriously, Suikoden? Duck people?), dog people, cat people, fuckin beaver people..

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
And it's up!
the $237 Harmonious Knight tier may be the one I get.
I see there is a vinyl so I have to have a tier that has that.
It looks like a lot of these higher tiers that give a physical version do
not also offer a digital version of the game - is that right?
I was sorta wanting both (the physical just to...have), but I'm not seeing many
that offer both!