• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What happened? Wasn't paying attention until I hear an uproar see a guy facepalming himself to death.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they're set up on the floor or something?

But even then it shouldn't have happened, especially twice.

Is this a work?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
NES can be pretty touchy. Not a thing to stomp your feet around. Probably could tighten and clean the connectors.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
So, the console froze two times and none of those times it was that console's player fault. C'mon. I know they shouldn't have set the consoles on the floor, but can Mitch be more careful? I feel bad for Poo now.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
This has happened so many times at previous GDQs that they should have thought of some sort of setup by now. I don't know. Insulate the things with foam or something.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
This has happened so many times at previous GDQs that they should have thought of some sort of setup by now. I don't know. Insulate the things with foam or something.
Honestly it's probably time to stop using actual NES consoles even if it means adding input lag. This sort of thing is going to become more and more frequent as the consoles get older and more worn out.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary end to the race, lol. I feel so bad for Poo, guy clearly felt awful about it.

CB3

Oct 25, 2017
Its really easy to freeze a NES with any sort of movement. The fact he did it again at the very end is pretty funny, but I feel horrible for Poo.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for him but at the same time it made for a very memorable moment in GDQ history. Next time he runs, he's going to be laughing and joking about what happened. It could make a great GDQ meme.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't something similar happen during the LttP Reverse Boss Order race last year? It seems like things are setup with the expectation that players will be largely still during their runs, which I suppose is mostly true. But it's not like Andy or Grandpoobear were gesticulating wildly or anything. Seemed pretty normal people getting excited to me.