• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
The game has 2000 Viewers max on twitch without Summit playing and he plays it for a couple of weeks now showing absolutely no growth for Sea of Thieves on Twitch in General.

People want him to play it but don't care to watch others or play it on their own.
Summit could play Barbie Games and they would watch.

The game will stay where it is.
Even Atlas has more viewers without the big guys playing it because its better/more entertaining to watch.

Yeah it seems to be a one man show.

Still cool that one person can bump a game up in the lists like that even if he acts like an ass.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The game has 2000 Viewers max on twitch without Summit playing and he plays it for a couple of weeks now showing absolutely no growth for Sea of Thieves on Twitch in General.

People want him to play it but don't care to watch others or play it on their own.

Even Atlas has more viewers without the big guys playing it because its better/more entertaining to watch.
That's literally not true.

Don't go spreading misinformation.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
That's not the case though. Summit was losing viewers left and right in 2018 streaming most of the top games.
His stream was struggling to hit just a couple of thousand viewers for long periods until he went back to SoT.

Yup.

Guess when Summit started playing SoT:

EXF1keM.png

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good for him, Summit is playing a game he enjoys and you can tell. He's a lot more entertaining and relatable than Ninja for sure.

We've got two galleons dude, we're all pirate legends, you guys are gonna get fucked.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017

Or you know (shock horror) people like watching it, i know it mighg come as a shock that people like watching it even after nearly a year, I'm sure you'll get over it one day.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
SoT is the new/old hotness. The stuff that happens on that game on the regular is just unmatched. You create so many memories and stories playing this game that's it's truly something special.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
From what I understand, what he does is he enters instances where people are playing pacifically (which goes against the spirit of the game, really) and proceeds to steal their treasure

Wait, stealing treasure in a pirate game goes against the sprite of the game?

eh? If anything the pirate world should be full of pvp shenanigans.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Well deserved, Summit puts on a good show and is really entertaining with the game.
It's probably the best thing to happen for SoT all year. Maybe now the devs will put out some more content.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, Summit puts on a good show and is really entertaining with the game.
It's probably the best thing to happen for SoT all year. Maybe now the devs will put out some more content.

They already put out alot of content. Thats why he is playing it alot and as many other people.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like CohhCarnage is the only person on that list that i personally enjoy watching. I love that he plays a wide swath of games and treats his chat like adults, instead of catering to teenagers. I'd love to find more variety streamers with his style, maybe there is someone else like him on this list that I haven't herd of, but I think Twitch would definitely be better off if there were more people like him at the top of the platform.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
SoT is the new/old hotness. The stuff that happens on that game on the regular is just unmatched. You create so many memories and stories playing this game that's it's truly something special.

Yesterday he went PvE'ing and PvP'ing with two kids. After fucking around and doing stuff like pretending he was Rare: ''Dear Sea of Thieves player, this is the Sea of Thieves team, if you have trouble questing visit www.seaofthieves.com. Happy questing'' and hiding on their ship for around 20 minutes doing all kinds of stuff (bringing in treasure, fixing the ship, etc) without them knowing.

I was crying with laughter.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018

The game make 5k viewers when only the usual french streamer play it, stop telling lie please.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I've been watching his SoT streams and this is the most I've ever watched twitch now. Not sure how big he was before this but for those that say it's him I don't think I'd watch if he was playing a single player or regular fps shooter. SoT allows a lot of hilarious moments. If I had a crew I'd be willing to play it myself.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching his SoT streams and this is the most I've ever watched twitch now. Not sure how big he was before this but for those that say it's him I don't think I'd watch if he was playing a single player or regular fps shooter. SoT allows a lot of hilarious moments. If I had a crew I'd be willing to play it myself.

Looking for Groups is your friend, I've met loads of really sound people through LfG that I sail the seas with. It's probably the most consistent fun in a game I've ever had, even if it's a four hour session where we do fuck all.

Oct 25, 2017
Also it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the GDQ channel was really high up there too. Just had like 217k in money to the channel added to their total at the end on Saturday night.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy subscriber numbers. Makes me wonder how many subscriber points he actually has, because he has a lot Tier 2 and 3 subscribers.

Either way, earning those minimum 100k US$ in a month by playing games. Not bad.

Didn't realize esports superstar Northern(lion) was #38 on the list.

The NLSS has been one of my favourite shows on Twitch. So many good guests and they have the weird ability to make almost every topic hilarious.

Broke my heart that they ended the Roundtable Podcast, too.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
From what I understand, what he does is he enters instances where people are playing pacifically (which goes against the spirit of the game, really) and proceeds to steal their treasure
Oh man that sounds like tons of fun , kind of reminds me of how in RDR2 online only thing fun to do is go around with a posse and hogtie and just fuck people up and steal from them in missions but sea of thieves is more involved I'm assuming

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Oh man that sounds like tons of fun , kind of reminds me of how in RDR2 online only thing fun to do is go around with a posse and hogtie and just fuck people up and steal from them in missions but sea of thieves is more involved I'm assuming

What makes it so fun is Xbox players playing with open mics. So you'll hear live reactions about everything.

Or as chat puts is 'unpaid actors' :D

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
They already put out alot of content. Thats why he is playing it alot and as many other people.
I'd say Forsaken Shores was some decent content but besides that, a new trading faction and a pirate ship..

They need to give you more to do besides the grind quests. Maybe PvP rewards etc ..