• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Be insane if we got a remaster. That'd be Miles, Ratchet rift Apart, Spidey remaster and Sunset OVerdrive remaster.

Insomniac is a beast either way, but this would make them more of a beast.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Man, what a game. I must have done everything there was to do in Sunset Overdrive, and probably even more than once.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Rift Apart is secretly Sunset Overdrive 2. Hit a portal and suddenly you're playing Sunset overdrive

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I know Insomniac is probably really busy with Spider-Man 2, some PSVR2 launch title and who knows what else but I hope a PS5 version of Sunset Overdrive is happening

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
Legit, I don't think it makes sense to do a tie in with Rachet and Clank for a game from 4 years ago only on a competing platform, if you don't plan on doing a port as well.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
So does R&C go into the sunset overdrive universe in Rift apart? That would be pretty cool. Maybe it's just a glimpse of the universe in a rift.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It would be a great little thing if with those whole alternate dimensions thing we see Ratchet, Clank and Rivet visiting some universes from other games, even if it's just something they fall through for 3 seconds.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
It would be a great little thing if with those whole alternate dimensions thing we see Ratcher, Clank and Rivet visiting some universes from other games, even if it's just something they fall through for 3 seconds.
Spiderman needs to happen at least. For sure there has to be some type of Spiderman easter egg.

Though I was shocked there were no Ratchet or Resistance easter eggs in Spiderman or Miles, unless I missed them.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
please bring Sunset Overdrive to PlayStation. I've played a bunch of it on PC but I'd love for it on my PS4.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Sony will want to have stuff at the Summer games fest, i think that's confirmed they'll be apart of it actually? So a remaster of SO could fit as something to show, since I assume the big games they'll be saving for their own event.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
My fucking god Insomniac, if yall port the game, i'll sign my ass away to be legal property of Ted Price.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think i remember tweet from insomniac saying they have full rights to it now

Would love to try this game at 4k/60fps, dual sense features

They have full rights to the IP, but not the first game. Which is why they can do things like have an easter egg in Ratchet.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
I think i remember tweet from insomniac saying they have full rights to it now
To Sunset Overdrive as IP, yeah -- that's why they released it through Microsoft, since that was a dealbreaker with every other interested party -- but not the game itself:

Insomniac could produce spinoffs, sequels, or whatever else, but the original game seems to be forever under Microsoft's umbrella. Dunno if there are workarounds, like if there were an extended edition or something, though.

Cess007

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
If Insomniac actually manages to port this, my question is: Where the fuck they do find the time and resources to make all this games/ports/remasters?

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
To Sunset Overdrive as IP, yeah -- that's why they released it through Microsoft, since that was a dealbreaker with every other interested party -- but not the game itself:

Insomniac could produce spinoffs, sequels, or whatever else, but the original game seems to be forever under Microsoft's umbrella. Dunno if there are workarounds, like if there were an extended edition or something, though.

Both those tweets are from before Sony bought Insomniac. I think something like that can make things change quickly