• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Worst fucking news to wake up to, they've been going at it for a decade now

Last edited:

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it. I'll be sure to follow all of the guys on their own individual endeavours.

Edit: At least Pat and Woolie will be working together with a Castle Super Beast podcast.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
PAT KILLED LIAM'S SOUL

PAT KILLED MATT'S HEART

LMAO

The cut from Pat talking to Matt's sad face was so good whoever cut this video is a god

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of the videos will remain, but Matt and Pat having a falling out is the worst outcome of this whole ordeal. The channel was gonna end one day, that was inevitable, but for it to be on such a depressing note is the worst

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
somehow I always knew

that Kingdom Hearts would kill them in the end

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
I always had a feeling they would split because one of them would be starting a family, and everyone would be pursuing their own endeavors when for a couple cons, they talked about getting back into video game development.

Frankly speaking, a decade is also a long time to keep at any job.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my favorite channel on youtube and favorite podcast. I loved hearing these guys talk and jokes about video games and shit it was the best. Sucks Matt and Pat had a falling out, but I guess that's life sometimes.

AT the very least there's was some sort of odd foresight here because they all have their own channels on youtube and twitch. Feels odd too that the last podcast was a matt-less one.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I have no words.

I have watched nearly every piece of content this channel and these guys have produced since April of 2012. Consuming their content had been a significant part of my daily routine for the past 6 1/2 years and has gotten me through some of the darkest moments of my adolescence and young adulthood.

This hurts. This really hurts.

Last edited:

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
At least the podcast will exist in some form since that was the only thing I regularly listened to.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"We expected nothing... and you delivered everything."

ok now I'm tearing up 😢

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Oh, this hurts :'(
I wasn't watching them very frequently lately since yeah, the chemistry between them wasn't what it used to be. And you could tell they were more passionate about their side channels. What they explained in the video sucks to hear but it makes sense and it's nice to just hear it plainly like this. Good luck to them in the future, I'll definitely follow their individual channels.
Man, end of an era.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Oh man that really sucks :(
Wonder what happened between Matt and Pat that soured their friendship to the point of not being able to work together anymore

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I sorta' saw this coming from some comments they made in their SH2 LP, Matt needing to take a break, and sorta' recently doing a few games they always wanted to do and starting to establish themselves more as separate things around the time Liam left, but still a shame to hear. I wish them all the best in what they pursue, though!

Nov 3, 2017
Wonder what happened between Matt and Pat that soured their friendship to the point of not being able to work together anymore

Liam & Matt are super tight, whatever happened between Liam and Pat probably became more noticeable for Matt as time went on and if you notice shitty things in your friends and they won't change (cause Pat's Pat right) it'll become something you hate

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
What happened between them?
For the record, I don't think there's any bad salt between any of them, I just think they're all in different places than they were when they started. I think they'll still hang out and be friends and do some things together. Like keep in mind, Matt and Woolie are now married, Pat moved recently with his long-time girlfriend, and all kinda' have been finding more passions doing their own things recently. I think this is more of them being at a different time of their lives than when they started than with them having issues with one another. Not to say maybe some haven't grown a bit more distant and changed, but I don't think they have like any ill feelings between the three of them.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, I didn't see that coming at all. I noticed Matt was doing more and more stuff on his own channel, but I didn't pick up on any change in the main channel. I was looking forward to their RE2 Remake and DMC5 LPs next year.

Huh.

Tensketch

Oct 28, 2017
Their EDF video from years ago is what got me into these guys. It's a shame it's over but at least they were open and honest about it.

It also sounds like Woolie and Pat will be doing a podcast together still, so that's not too bad.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Used to watch a lot of their content years ago. That's too bad. Hope they'll continue to be successful individually.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it had to end eventually but I like the way they ended it. Just be direct and leave the drama out of it.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit.

I'm glad they're being as transparent about this as they are though. It seems like this was the best choice for all of them. It sucks that Matt and Pat have fallen out but that's just what happens some times. Hopefully people will be respectful and not pry too much.

That Pat/Woolie podcast thing is great since the friencast is the biggest loss here. Their own channels are individually great and focusing on them may actually be better for them in the long run, but the friendcast is something that will be hard to live up to.

Wish them all the best. Rare to find a group of gaming youtubers who were such a positive force.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I don't think there's any bad salt between any of them, I just think they're all in different places than they were when they started. I think they'll still hang out and be friends and do some things together. Like keep in mind, Matt and Woolie are now married, Pat moved recently with his long-time girlfriend, and all kinda' have been finding more passions doing their own things recently. I think this is more of them being at a different time of their lives than when they started than with them having issues with one another. Not to say maybe some haven't grown a bit more distant and changed, but I don't think they have like any ill feelings between the three of them.

Woolie straight up says in the video that Matt and Pat aren't friends anymore.

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I'm so upset to see this...I respect them so much for being honest and up front, but this is gonna leave a real hole in my heart :( they helped me through so much and provided so much joy...I never imagined I'd see this day. Thanks for everything guys :c

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Damn, end of something hopefully start of something else been watching them since the Heavy Rain videos.

Oct 28, 2017
England
I've been watching these guys for six years. For six years they been there to cheer me up on shitty days. This really sucks.

I've never really followed bands or musicians, but I guess this is what it's like when your favourite band splits up.

I'm glad they're doing what they feel is best, but for me this is a huge personal loss.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Woolie straight up says in the video that Matt and Pat aren't friends anymore.
I know, I'm watching as I type. But just because you aren't friends anymore doesn't mean there's stronger ill feelings, it can be as simple that they're at different points in their life than when they started. I'm sure there were disagreements and falling outs, but I don't think they have strong ill will to one another or hate the other now either. I get more the impression they just had a falling out, probably along the lines they were more together now out of their work than really feeling close, but that just happens sometimes in life.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't watched their content for probably over 5 years at this point but I was following them back before they even had their own LP channel so this is still kind of a bummer. Even if I wasn't following them myself it was always nice to see they were still putting out stuff that people enjoyed.