Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Freaking incredible news.

Coincidently, these are the only Mario games I have never finished hehe.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
When a homebrew port of SM64 (on your same console) still looks better than your trailer offering. That's very disappointing..

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, if Galaxy is joycons only, does that mean you need seperate joycons if you want to play on a Switch Lite?

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
If they had galaxy 2 I would get it for full price, but as it is I don't think its worth full price, will get it on a future sale.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Galaxy looked like regular Switch only, we need a confirmation for Switch lite.

Limited availability means literally 20m in sales in just few months.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Yeah, I'll pick this up in case I want to play the game's on Switch, but it's pretty disappointing.

64 was $10 on Wii U, $10 on Wii, and there was DS version with more updates (although it's limited by the DS hardware). Galaxy was $20 on Wii for ages and $20 on Wii U.

Sunshine isn't even 60fps? 64 doesn't have widescreen? It's just not a good value. I have my Wii and Gamecube games ripped so I can just play those.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
20200903_091752.jpg

This is beyond stupid. Just absolutely ridiculous.

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine working for Nintendo and doing a worse job than an enthusiast at home. Why couldn't they make SM64 run in 16:9? I'm glad they figured out how to make Sunshine widescreen, but come on.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it only being sold for a limited time, if i buy it digitally willni lose access to it after march

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
wtf, where is Galaxy 2? $60? Same old games with no improvements?

good job Nintendo

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe such a golden opportunity was wasted with such minimum effort and high price tag. I was stoked about this, but I don't think I'll be picking this up. Lousy effort.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
no galaxy 2
64 and Sunshine still at 30 fps
time-limited

this is one huge fuck up

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
It releases in two weeks?! How the hell is Nintendo getting a release out in two weeks. Wow! We were all thinking it would release in two months. How did Nintendo manage this?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Higher resolutions only for games that came out 10+ years ago? Nah I'm good.

Also why are they only selling this through March 2021? That's really strange.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Are we really gonna have to do this thing every time where Nintendo announces something and then people have to pretend to be shocked that it's $60? If it's from Nintendo and it's on Switch, it's $60.

We know that people are upset with this because they mention it in every single thread about Switch games. We know you think a port or rom collection should only be $20. Please just let the rest of us be excited.

Era reminds me of my friend who got a Switch and never buys anything for it because $60 is 'too much'. Then he says he has nothing to play on it. Why even get a Switch? Why do people even follow Nintendo news just to pretend to be upset that new games are $60?

People are fine with Nintendo's premium pricing when said premium pricing offers a premium experience. This simply isn't a premium experience in any way as there's really nothing here that basic emulation hasn't been doing for a decade-or-more at this point.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I really can't get excited for this being bare minimum "enhanced" ports and the absence of Galaxy 2 for $60.

I was so excited at first and now I'm bordering on not even caring :/

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The limited run even for digital is baffling, as excited as I am about the whole package. I initially expected Galaxy 2 to be added as DLC, but since this is a limited run I am more inclined to believe now that they'll make an "Ultimate" version of this package in a year or two which includes Galaxy 2 as well, and if you want that game... well, time to buy the whole bundle, again.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer about no Galaxy 2, it's my favorite 3D Mario, but oh well. Galaxy 1 looks glorious.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read the title and got excited, but then was left somewhat underwhelmed honestly, for the same reasons expressed in this thread basically.

It's basically good news not great. Nintendo has the firepower and money to go the extra mile and here I feel like it's just played safe. Resolution bump, Sunshine in 30fps, no Galaxy 2... Meh I dunno. No secrets or bonuses or additional content outside of the OST?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wrap my head around the limited run aspect of this release. This should be a major release that is lining store shelves everywhere. It will get gobbled up by the millions. What are they thinking?

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Very very little effort put into this when compared to the original Super Mario All Stars. That even had a new game added where as this arguably has its best one missing!

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Limited physical copies? FUCK.

Where do we go to preorder--actual limited run's website? Hate it when Nintendo does this.