• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
his face looks just so slightly off to me it feels like when you very slightly distort a face in G-mod

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Since the tweet went out, I've kind of got okay with the design. A bit different but an expected CG Mario with realistic mustache hair. Makes me want to see how they make DK, Peach, Cranky or Bowser look. Similar but not quite the same

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
He looks really weird but Mario has looked the same for so long it's probably just a matter of getting used to a slightly different design.

Oct 28, 2017
They definitely shifted Mario's body proportions around to make him look a little more normal. His hands and feet are much smaller but he's still a short guy. This will probably make him look less weird standing next to Peach.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Seems fairly faithful to the game model. The collared shirt is an interesting tweak; it does kinda make his outfit look more like a work uniform.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Love how people are overreacting that he does not look right.
He looks like freakin' Mario. It's a good design considering that Mario's design itself is pretty "bland" (for a lack of better wording).
It looks right given the source material.

But yeah, his face looks a bit like Pratt which I find funny tbh.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I posted in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure this is legit. The gloves match, and that one user said you can see their necks, which would line up with their collars. It looked off to me at first, but you quickly get used to it. And I'm pretty sure it'll look good in motion.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
This Mario has to speak and emote much more than the one in the game, so it's to be expected that the face might look somewhat "different".

What I find much more disturbing is the extreme "denimness" of the overall 😂

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
What's funny is how much it is sort like Mario from Super Smash Bros Brawl with the realistic clothing. All that is different is the face.
latest

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Christ almighty! Delay; redesign.

Face is too wide. And the moustache... hair fibers, lol. That shit's creepy. I can't handle it.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Every IP holder in existence: "We have dozens of detailed files on how _________ should look, time-tested and audience-approved for literal decades."
Hollywood: "lol we're just gonna do our own thing"

every time

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yeah, it's a bit off, but it could have been much worse. I'll reserve full judgement until I watch the trailer.