Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dat running animation.

So cool. This looks like a great companion to play around the same time as the new Sonic Title.

Oct 27, 2017
This confirms to me that they are taking the 3D animation technique that removes frames to make it more impactful, like what Into the Spider-verse popularized.
ArcSys: But what about us...?
sol-vs-ky-guiltygear-xrd-sign.gif

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This confirms to me that they are taking the 3D animation technique that removes frames to make it more impactful, like what Into the Spider-verse popularized.
There have been video games doing that for a hot minute (more than a decade) . Usually fighting games trying to emulate that animated spritework look.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I think everything about this looks awesome aside from a couple things:

The talking flowers sound weird and like they don't belong. Not a fan.

The running animation is... odd? It reminds me of Sonic, like why is Mario so pissed and doing the Naruto run?

Oct 27, 2017

The running animation is... odd? It reminds me of Sonic, like why is Mario so pissed and doing the Naruto run?

I'm pretty sure i've seen him do this run pose in one of the 3D games when running really fast. I just can't find a gif or remember the context

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If the trailer stuff is this trippy imagine how insane the boss fights and the late game will be

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
yall i legit cant stop thinking about this game. it look soooooo good. i didnt think anything would be able to compete with D4 and Starfield for my attention this year, but i was sorely mistaken.

Cmon october.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This was an ill-advised joke post. The flower is weird

So, I've gotten the permission and I can finally announce that I, Birdie---or my real name, Thomas Butterson, am the one who was cast by Nintendo to provide the talking flower you see in the trailer. His name is Wordswort and there's more to him than meets the eye...or ear, as it may be.

Working with Miyamoto-san even in such a small capacity was a blessed experience. This is my first acting role in a major product, and I hope you'll cheer me on to do my best.

Last edited:

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022

That run's been a thing ever since Super Mario Bros. 3. Looks better than ever here.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It's nice to finally see one of these 2D successors to the SMB games that feels like it has a good art style that gives it a personality.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So, I've gotten the permission and I can finally announce that I, Birdie---or my real name, Thomas Butterson, am the one who was cast by Nintendo to provide the talking flower you see in the trailer. His name is Wordswort and there's more to him than meets the eye...or ear, as it may be.

Working with Miyamoto-san even in such a small capacity was a blessed experience. This is my first acting role in a major product, and I hope you'll cheer me on to do my best.
Are you for real because that would be incredible and so fantastic for you.

Last edited:

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017

Wait really? That's amazing.

I think the flower sounds great too, the VA fits exactly with the Mario soundscape.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
people questioning if martinet is still Mario after being conditioned this entire gen to listen to recycled voice clips from 2014.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
The art style kind of reminds me of the Trolls movies a bit, especially the trippy stuff. Not a negative I really dig the look of those films.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017

I love the flower man, happy for you.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

That's awesome. I loved the voice clips we have gotten so far.

25th Baam

Jan 9, 2018

Damn that is soooo cool, congratulations 🥳
Love the small quips, think they bring a lot of life to a regular Mario game, excited to get to hear more 😁

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Wow, that's awesome!

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
This and Super Mario RPG are making it that much harder to hold out for a Switch 2. This looks glorious.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im playing this game on acid to be immersed in Marios experience

Thats awesome dude, great work

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017

Whoop! Congrats!!!

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I really don't know how different Mario needs to look for people to consider it not derivative of the New Super Mario Bros. style. Hand drawn? Spritework? I mean that's just how Mario looks at this point.
I think those are probably a minority of complainers. It looks like a proper evolution of the NSMB style, keeping what works and stylizing it even further. Its really fantastic.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I'm glad they ditched the "New" from the title. The reactions I've seen show how much that was messing with people psychologically because in terms of artstyle this game looks every bit as much like what a NSMB game would look like 10 years from NSMBU. The biggest difference is the character models and animations which is what the series sorely needed.

nsmbwonder.png

Some assets look ripped straight from NSMBU.
While I kind of agree with you I think Wonder is what NSMBU SHOULD have looked like after NSMBWii.

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023

Dude lol. Congrats! Very awesome.