Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixPrime

Mar 16, 2018
OK, so time for the second most fun part of Smash discussion apart from rosters...

STAGES!

I like playing on every stage - no matter how goofy or weird. Stages are so fun - unlocking them, playing them, listening to music.

My question - What stages do you want in this Smash Bros?

• Fountain of Dreams
  • Great Plateau as you mentioned, but with some sort of dynamic weather that occasionally changes in the background.
  • Pokefloats 2
  • SR388
  • Windmill Hills or Sawmill Thrill
  • Ruined Kingdom
  • Resolution Road
  • Argentum
I'd be fine with any of these being in the game.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I can't have a Hanafuda character, I think a Hanafuda stage at the very least isn't asking too much.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Hmm which stage, Destiny Islands, Hollow Bastion, Traverse Town, Twilight Town? So many good choices, wonder which one Sakurai will go with.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
vJxSYvF.gif

I know you are joking! But if you are being serious then at least tell us why? :defeated:

I'm just not a fan of the character even if I do like the way he represents the zapper as a whole. I don't seriously want anyone cut from a smash bros game since more is always better.

Also on a petty note I feel Duck Hunt is a constant reminder that Banjo kazooie isn't a Nintendo IP as it should have been since if Nintendo had kept Rare they'd have been in during Brawl almost 100%.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The only characters I feel shouldn't come back are Young Link as he was pretty much turned into Toon Link, and Squirtle/Ivysaur as I don't think they're 'big' enough as standalones without the Pokemon Trainer gimmick.

I'm confused as to why Pichu as a simple clone hasn't returned though.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so time for the second most fun part of Smash discussion apart from rosters...

STAGES!

I like playing on every stage - no matter how goofy or weird. Stages are so fun - unlocking them, playing them, listening to music.

My question - What stages do you want in this Smash Bros?

My first 2 predictions - I could do more but I want to let others have a go
  • Bowser Land - Super Mario 3D World. Super Mario 3D World is getting represented in this game, and this is the best stage idea from that. The nighttime fun-park bright lights would be a gorgeous aesthetic, and the music would be fun. In terms of design, it could be a standard Battlefield-style stage - maybe with those platforms that move on the light rail for some variety?
  • Great Plateau - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. BotW is the last game chronologically I can see making it into Smash in a big way. It would be interesting to have a relatively tranquil, grassy stage. Also a Guardian theme remix would be great to fight to.

In terms of new stages? It would be neat to see...

-Hyrule Castle (BotW)
-New Donk City
-Bowser's Castle (Odyssey version)
-Po Town
- Illusory 106 (TMS #FE)
-Star Fox 2 stage (complete with the polygon look)
-Gangplank Galleon
-A new Earthbound stage... if not the Cave of the Past, maybe one from Mother 3?

That's all I can think of for now.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The only characters I feel shouldn't come back are Young Link as he was pretty much turned into Toon Link, and Squirtle/Ivysaur as I don't think they're 'big' enough as standalones without the Pokemon Trainer gimmick.

I'm confused as to why Pichu as a simple clone hasn't returned though.

The clones in SSB 3ds/Wii U were originally intended to be costumes before being changed into clones later in development. Pichu having different proportions and size from Pikachu pretty much stops him from being a costume so he didn't get that first step.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
is it really so hard to understand that dark pit is a more popular character than alph? and that wolf takes way more effort than dark pit? people keep saying sakurai bias gets big boosts to kid icarus and fire emblem, but do people just not see that dark pit and especially lucina are legitimately popular characters?
This is the same fanbase that wanted Palutena as playable in Smash 4 and as soon as she was confirmed for it, people started pretending as if she was never heavily requested and only got in because of "Sakurai bias" even though she was a character many fans wanted in the game. To answer your question, yes, I can see why it'd be hard to understand lol.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So, when Smash Switch is officially reveal at E3. Should we be expecting character reveal trailers near launch of certain games?

We got a tennis game coming right after...perfect time to unveil that character. You know the one.
Chain Chomp

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So I saw this game on gamefaqs smash board and thought it would be fun to share here.

You can pick one series currently in Smash and double it's roster, who are your newcomers for that expanded roster. You can pick a series with 1 character and give it a second, or flood the roster with so many Mario or FE characters people will cry.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
This is the same fanbase that wanted Palutena as playable in Smash 4 and as soon as she was confirmed for it, people started pretending as if she was never heavily requested and only got in because of "Sakurai bias" even though she was a character many fans wanted in the game. To answer your question, yes, I can see why it'd be hard to understand lol.

I still remember the extreme levels of "that's not an E3 closing character Nintendo" when she was revealed due to the short animated skit they did for her intro trailer. I really dislike what people do when it comes to Smash entrants from non-Mario/Zelda/Pokemon tier franchises because it just makes you feel like this is the reason we get oversaturations of those kinds of characters/franchises/themes/tropes elsewhere when people get Nintendo marketing to the absolute detriment of the cool-yet-smaller franchises that don't always get that top billing.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, when Smash Switch is officially reveal at E3. Should we be expecting character reveal trailers near launch of certain games?

We got a tennis game coming right after...perfect time to unveil that character. You know the one.
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp is a beautiful soul who follows his dreams. If he wants to Smash, I say let him Smash!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So I saw this game on gamefaqs smash board and thought it would be fun to share here.

You can pick one series currently in Smash and double it's roster, who are your newcomers for that expanded roster. You can pick a series with 1 character and give it a second, or flood the roster with so many Mario or FE characters people will cry.
Well. My favorite series is Fire Emblem...

Get ready for 6 newcomers ladies and gentlemen!

Lyn
Black Knight
Felicia
Hector
Myrrh &
Nephenee

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I still remember the extreme levels of "that's not an E3 closing character Nintendo" when she was revealed due to the short animated skit they did for her intro trailer. I really dislike what people do when it comes to Smash entrants from non-Mario/Zelda/Pokemon tier franchises because it just makes you feel like this is the reason we get oversaturations of those kinds of characters/franchises/themes/tropes elsewhere when people get Nintendo marketing to the absolute detriment of the cool-yet-smaller franchises that don't always get that top billing.
The Smash fanbase really is ridiculous.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017

Mother:

1. Ness
2. Lucas
3. Giegue
4. Porky

PhoenixPrime

Mar 16, 2018

Ez, F-Zero.

Put in Black Shadow, give him Ganondorf's current moveset and... well, I'm sure you know the rest.

As a secondary option, I'd pick Mother/Earthbound, with Ninten and Flint as additional characters.

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018

Fire Emblem, of course

Camilla
Lyn
Ephraim
Lissa
Tharja
Cordelia

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017

I figured Donkey Kong was the most obvious answer to this question and I'm shocked that the DK Fans haven't shown up yet

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
A new stage I would want to see is one based on Mario Party, because it's the next-most popular Mario spinoff, which is after of course Mario Kart. There is a lot we can do with a stage based on Mario Party, which could be using an existing Mario Party board or to have Events happening at certain intervals like a rolling rock appearing (like in DK's Jungle Adventure) or some hole opening up in the ground. I feel Mario Party is long overdue for representation for Smash Bros., since it has surprisingly very little representation in the games, where only one Mario Party trophy is made back in Brawl (MC Ballyhoo), and only one Mario Party track is in Super Smash Bros. 4 (and it's a very insignificant one at that, being a minigame theme). Note that Paper Mario has more representation in Super Smash Bros., where they not only have a stage on 3DS, but several trophies.

I know there will be pushback on a video game enthusiast forum (where many don't normally enjoy Mario Party) to the idea of Mario Party being represented in a bigger way, but it's something I am hoping to see this time. In fact, I think I should apologise beforehand for suggesting this in case I made somebody upset at this suggestion.

Thank you for reading.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

This is easy, Zelda.

Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Midna
Tetra
Ganon

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I figured Donkey Kong was the most obvious answer to this question and I'm shocked that the DK Fans haven't shown up yet

You rang? Obvious answer aside (DK, add Dixie and K. Rool), I'd say Xenoblade, with Rex/Pyra.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Probably should have answered my own question at some point

Double the zelda characters

HW Impa, Linkle, HW Ganondorf, Revali, and Wild Link

Classic Ganondorf would be renamed to King Ganondorf, wild link would be a botw inspired Link. This way everyone wins since no one's favorite version of a character gets cut. Yes I have 3 Links and 2 Ganondorfs #deal

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia

I would pick Mario, even if it means I have to add more characters because Mario is the best. As long as someone's happy with every one of these, it's worth it. Mario is currently represented by 7: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario, so I would add these 7:
- Daisy
- Waluigi
- Birdo
- Fawful
- Paper Mario
- Dry Bowser
- Toad

That was easy.

Thank you for reading.

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018
I would pick Mario, even if it means I have to add more characters because Mario is the best. As long as someone's happy with every one of these, it's worth it. Mario is currently represented by 7: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario, so I would add these 7:
- Daisy
- Waluigi
- Birdo
- Fawful
- Paper Mario
- Dry Bowser
- Toad

That was easy.

Thank you for reading.
man getting Fawful in Smash would be so good

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018

I'm going - MARIO. So 7 new characters. HOOO boy.

Birdo - first pick. She's a legend. I love her. I will make my avatar her - any pictures someone sends me of Birdo I will consider.

Daisy - memoryman3 this is my shoutout to you.

Waluigi - CHAOTIC WAAAAAAAAAAA. Characterise him exactly like in Brawl in the Family.

Captain Toad - First no-jump Smash Bros Character.

Fawful - This character could be amazing, why aren't people talking about him? He could use fun gadgets.

Professor E. Gadd - Have a vacuum based moveset. He'd be a wacky fun time. EDIT: Maybe swap him with Paper Mario.

Wart - You thought my Super Mario Bros. 2 fandom was JUST Birdo? Nah, that game's the Tropical Freeze of its era. EDIT II : Maybe swap him with Geno

Fire Emblem, of course

Cordelia

Hell yeah, Cordelia's amazing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
- Daisy
- Waluigi
- Birdo
- Fawful
- Paper Mario
- Dry Bowser
- Toad

That was easy.

Thank you for reading.

Great minds think alike. Thanks for supporting Birdo :-D

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

Metroid, I guess. Ridley and everyone's secret favorite characters, the Etecoon trio.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also have to go with 7 more Mario characters. There's a lot of really fantastic candidates, but I think I'd have to go with these:

-Waluigi
-Tennis Waluigi
-Golf Waluigi
-Dr. Waluigi
-Pink Gold Waluigi
-Classic Waluigi
-Boshi

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Welcome, Kumatora and Lloyd.

Worker Drone

Mar 29, 2018
K. Rool is great and all but who can pass up the chance to hand pick seven characters?
Waluigi
Fawful
Kamek (He shows up in enough non Yoshi games)
King Boo
Paintbrush Bowser Jr (Klown Kar is only Koopalings now)
Rawk Hawk (Okay, now I'm stretching it)
Pauline

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
No way. Roy's my boy! One of my best characters in Smash 4.

I wouldn't really mind Pichu returning to be honest, though I doubt I'd use them much. Maybe if they brought Pichu back, they could buff Jigglypuff.

The best iteration of Pichu is in SDRemix, with the faster jolt, down air as a mini meteor and not taking damage on quick attack
I feel like if he came back officially though he would still be intended to be a joke character

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

Pokemon. How many do I get if there's cut characters?

If I get 6 more- add back Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu. Give me Decidueye, Mimikyu and Deoxys. If I get an extra 3 for the already cut- give me Deoxys, Blaziken, and Genesect.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017

Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, the Black Knight, and uh....Nino join the newly renamed Super Emblem Bros.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wario Ware, Ashley.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it sad that people SAY they want more female characters in fighting games but then they post their personal wishlists and it's 10 dudes.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd do FE.
  1. Swordmaster: I'm guessing they'd go with Lyn. After Lyn, I'm guessing Navarre and Ayra would be the most likely. I'd choose Lyn among these.
  2. Soldier: I'm guessing Ephraim would get in as a spear-lord over Nephenee. I love both Ephraim and Nephenee.
  3. Jugdral: I'm guessing Sigurd, Celiph, and Leif are the most likely with Sigurd the most likely. I think any of these would be great and give Jugdral some of the love it deserves for once.
  4. Soren. Lilina would be my second mage pick. But...I love Soren so much.
  5. Black Knight. Again, I just really want to do Ike vs. BK.
  6. At this point I become conflicted. Do Hector as an Axe rep? Do Caeda as a Pegasus rep? Do a Manakete, perhaps Tiki or Myrrh? Which paladin would you do--they come in pairs so often? Double up on one of my first three choices? etc.

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, I'd do FE.
  1. Swordmaster: I'm guessing they'd go with Lyn. After Lyn, I'm guessing Navarre and Ayra would be the most likely. I'd choose Lyn among these.
  2. Soldier: I'm guessing Ephraim would get in as a spear-lord over Nephenee. I love both Ephraim and Nephenee.
  3. Jugdral: I'm guessing Sigurd, Celiph, and Leif are the most likely with Sigurd the most likely. I think any of these would be great and give Jugdral some of the love it deserves for once.
  4. Soren. Lilina would be my second mage pick. But...I love Soren so much.
  5. Black Knight. Again, I just really want to do Ike vs. BK.
  6. At this point I become conflicted. Do Hector as an Axe rep? Do Caeda as a Pegasus rep? Do a Manakete, perhaps Tiki or Myrrh? Which paladin would you do--they come in pairs so often? Double up on one of my first three choices? etc.
The most likely Paladin would be Xander since he's a Lord

for 6 I'd do one of the healers, probably Lissa since she's technically a Lord and also uses an axe

Pause

Feb 22, 2018

Kid Icarus:
3 - Hades, Medusa, Viridi
or
Fire Emblem:
6 - Soren, Hector, Leif, Minerva, Takumi, Lissa
or
Pokemon:
6 - Deoxys, Swampert, Plusle & Minun, Whimsicott, Breloom, Jirachi
I find it sad that people SAY they want more female characters in fighting games but then they post their personal wishlists and it's 10 dudes.
Here's 10 girls that'd be cool:
1. Sami (Advance Wars)
2. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
3. Nikki (Swapnote)
4. Style Savvy (Style Savvy)
5. Elma (Xenoblade X)
6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
7. Kumatora (Mother)
8. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
9. Midna (Zelda)
10. Ashley (WarioWare)
These are all pretty sensible picks, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.