Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm making a list now for the thread.

I just have a question, can someone remind me what the latest aproximent date was for when FP2 characters were decided by? Was it last June or last October?

Also, am I allowed to write "Slot Reserved for (announced switch title name) character?" as I'm pretty sure what the game will be, but not the character due to lack of any promotional material.

Safe Date: November 2019 but it's probably done before that tho. (The date we went with is the date that Byleth was recorded on.)

Well, if you know the franchise then just put Main Character or something from this franchise game.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Japan's equivilent to YouTube, NicoNicoDouga, actually associates Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms with a different Mario character.

They might be familar to you.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I said this before, but if Geno were a character in the base game, I think Forest Maze could of made for an interesting segment in World of Light.

You enter the forest just as it looked in Mario RPG and you follow Geno around just like what you do in that game. Eventually Geno comes to an endpoint (based on the area where you fought Bowyer in the original game) and then you have a battle to unlock him there.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai using Beware the Forest's Mushrooms for the Geno Mii Costume announcement (and that track likely being cut from Brawl) is all I need to know that Sakurai will probably go for Forest Maze.

I just want to fight on chandeliers in Bowser's Keep though.
I mean, we don't need Forest Maze to have "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms."

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Beware the Forest Mushrooms gets used in Geno's CG trailer, but then isn't even included with his stage. You hate to see it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beware the Forest Mushrooms gets used in Geno's CG trailer, but then isn't even included with his stage. You hate to see it.
Not the first time they've played music in promotional material that never saw use in-game.

To be clear, I'm referring to playable characters, not Mii costumes.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I mean, we don't need Forest Maze to have "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms."
Of course, it'd be included no matter what stage Sakurai chooses; but with Geno being directly associated with Forest Maze within the context of Smash, i'd say the choice is fairly likely.

He also used Ezio's Family for Altair.
Yeah, but Beware the Forest's Mushrooms was played TWICE in the Final Smash 4 presentation.

TWICE!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KmHbZ6H.png

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope 2B/9S make it in now because of the pods and self-destruct mechanic.

Oh god.

What if Forest Maze is a walk-off
If the Forest Maze is a stage, I want it to be like Balloon Fight and Mario Bros. except when you walk off you appear randomly on another side. Randomly. Sometimes you'll drop from the sky.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I just beat a Ness as Simon an hour ago. No teabagging though.
At least he died with honour intact.

It's hard with Simon when you have dat crouch walk and flailing the whip as makeshift taunts.

Incredible Ultimate tournament going on at Frostbite 2020. Mega stacked at 1280 entrants; top 8 has a Sonic and Young Link player. The latter just wrapped up a set against Light (best Fox player) which is one of the best Ultimate sets so far.

www.twitch.tv

VGBootCamp - Twitch

Headed by GimR & Aposl, Video Game Boot Camp is the leading Broadcaster for competitive Super Smash Bros. VGBC started in late 2008 when the Smash Community was much smaller. Through hard work & the support of the community we helped propel Smash into the scene it is today! Learn. Play. Win!
Been dipping in and out of this, I appreciate that it's seemingly started airing at an earlier time to most smash events so I didn't have to wait until post midnight just to see something live.
Oh god.

What if Forest Maze is a walk-off
It's okay, as you can see throughout the game, every room in SMRPG floats over some strange void with angular exits.
Unfortunately the stage gimmick will be a permanent isometric view, like that one gimmick high angle smash mode you forgot exists, but worse.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Safe Date: November 2019 but it's probably done before that tho. (The date we went with is the date that Byleth was recorded on.)

Well, if you know the franchise then just put Main Character or something from this franchise game.

I think at this point, I've narrowed one slot down to three characters, and none of them come close to having been released near Nov 2019. So I should be good. Thanks though.

Alright, I'll try to keep the wording as close as possible. Yell at me though if I need to tweak it slightly.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This seems like a tough match up for Young Link. I hope that Toast pulls through, but it aint looking likely.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like there will be some amiibo restocks in April for Plant, K.Rool and Isabelle.

Yeah, the pre-orders for the restocks have been up for a little while now. I don't think it has any impact on Smash Character releases. But I do think a 1st Party Title is getting released April 17th. They always want to have new Amiibo in stores alongside games.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh hell yes, I really wanted Plant's amiibo but forgot to pre-order.

Now where the hell are the DLC amiibo?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Forest Maze remains the lousiest possible pick for a Geno stage

it's gotta be Star Hill or Vista Hill. hills only.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I don't really see why Geno is still so widely seen as probable when Sakurai keeps stating that Nintendo is deciding the characters. Unless they went and hired/financially supported Maekawa and the other Square -> Alphadream employees after the bankruptcy, why would they promote a character so heavily associated with them?

Yes, Banjo and Kazooie, but that was much farther in the past and they weren't side characters in their game of origin.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Can we have a patch that adds the random songs used for Spirit Battles and/or found in the files and/or found in Sound Test that cannot be used on stages...

I see no reason that these songs cannot be used, other than the two unused Persona songs, which might be licensing, I guess?

And add all "Smash" songs to My Music for the main menu

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I don't really see why Geno is still so widely seen as probable when Sakurai keeps stating that Nintendo is deciding the characters. Unless they went and hired/financially supported Maekawa and the other Square -> Alphadream employees after the bankruptcy, why would they promote a character so heavily associated with them?

Yes, Banjo and Kazooie, but that was much farther in the past and they weren't side characters in their game of origin.
If Geno did well in the ballot then Nintendo would promote him for the exact same reason they did BK -- goodwill. Some characters are promotional but some are clearly deeper cuts that fans have been asking for.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...rediction-contest.171415/page-2#post-29345062

(If anyone can help me create a Fighter Pass Graphic like some of the others in the thread, I'd appreciate it. If not, it's fine)

#1 is one no one has predicted and I'm insane.

Does amiibo proximity theory apply to restocks?

Probably not but we'll see I guess.

I'm going to say no to Challenger Pack 6 coming around then. I'd only say yes if we got a new amiibo release (Joker, Hero, ect)

I do think it's a sign of a 1st Party Title being released that day though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because Geno is a Hard Lock.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Every time I tune into a Smash tournament, Nairo is getting booty-blasted. Wish he found a new main. I love watching his Dark Samus on his streams.
I feel like he should work on his Hero and Dark Samus. Whenever he pulls those out on streams he seems to have a lot of fun and he's really great using them

And literally nobody plays Hero in high level play, so he'd have the element of surprise for at least a few matches

His ability to combo using RNG spells and flick through the menu at light speed is mesmerizing

Status
Not open for further replies.