• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whom do you think to become 7th character of Fighter Passes?

• Geno

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • 8th Gen Pokemon

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Xenoblade 2's Rex and his blade(s)

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Crash

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Master Chef

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Sora

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Other (like Travis Touchdown, etc)

Votes: 58 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myriadnaut

Jun 1, 2020
Someone on GFAQs posted this. Thoughts?
AAedUeAAA9iK.png

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Say nothing and let people fill in the gaps is the best way to leak.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh while a lot of people were hoping for Smaeh predicting a Pokémon SwSh presentation isn't too out there and the rest of what was talked about was a given.

Only new thing is that DLC 7 is a new franchise so no Rex, Geno, or Pokémon anytime soon

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting attached to this avatar. It's simple but Geno's resting bitch face resonates deep in my soul.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saying that they're gonna delete the post sounds like a dead ringer for a post that never existed.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Someone on GFAQs posted this. Thoughts?
AAedUeAAA9iK.png
Wasn't this a reddit leak that someone posted in here yesterday?

Anyways, saying that a Pokemon presentation is "soon" and a Smash presentation is "imminent" is both vague and was a near-certainty anyways. The only interesting thing this leak implies is that MPT is Q1 2021 (saying it was "delayed" which is a weird way to put it), which is most likely not going to happen, so this leak reaches the coveted position of being both safe, most definitely fake, and boring.

Myriadnaut

Jun 1, 2020
I know it's not happening but I still want Doomslayer.

Just the angriest motherfucker who ever lived in a game with Kirby.
EYvLQCvUMAA31Pu.jpg
Too vague to be worth anything right now.

Also, unless they mean a Let's go Johto type thing, why would there be a Gen 2 re-release on Switch before we get a Gen 1 re-release on Switch?
I think they mean Let's Go Johto or something like that.

Myriadnaut

Jun 1, 2020
Rayman ought to go out for a drink with Earthworm Jim.

He certainly knows a lot about having a shitty dad.
wait not him too.
no not my favorite author.

In all honesty, I have yet to see an indie developer or developers (other than yandere dev) not be shitty. Toby fox seems cool. Dan Fornace seems cool. Yacht Club and Edmund McMillen seem cool.

How the hell do you get "popular in west" but also "unexpected"?
Henry Stickmin in smash.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the part where I joke about NMH's popularity mainly being in the west and how comparatively the expectation for it is still small time compared to big guns like Geno/Dante/2B/Hayabusa/Rex/etc. He's in! /s

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Oh, I didn't even see that we're getting Pokemon news this week. Guess that's a RIP on Smash news... maybe next week!

And again and again.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Playing 13 Sentinels I'd like a character to get in (without the creepy cockpit art) but I'm not entirely sure who'd make it or how it'd even work. Iori and Juro are the posterchildren but they don't really get up to any on-the-ground fisticuffs like a few other characters.

At least Megumi could be a Joker echo, right down to the cat

What would honestly be a character that "no one expects"? Like, how small is that sample size

Dizzy the Egg

Cover-of-the-fantastic-adventures-of-dizzy.jpg

Honestly not entirely unlikely but the Japan/US centric audience wouldn't be able to see it coming

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait not him too.
no not my favorite author.

In all honesty, I have yet to see an indie developer or developers (other than yandere dev) not be shitty. Toby fox seems cool. Dan Fornace seems cool. Yacht Club and Edmund McMillen seem cool.

Henry Stickmin in smash.

Doug TenNapel is massively transphobic, yeah.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually it just says "popular in the West".

Which could mean basically anything.

Also fuck Michel Ancel.

It's amazing how vague these things can be. Which West? South America? Are we getting a Master System rep? What if it's someone popular in France or Sweden?

Some day we really ought to stop using "The West" as shorthand for literally the whole world outside Asia.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Playing 13 Sentinels I'd like a character to get in (without the creepy cockpit art) but I'm not entirely sure who'd make it or how it'd even work. Iori and Juro are the posterchildren but they don't really get up to any on-the-ground fisticuffs like a few other characters.

At least Megumi could be a Joker echo, right down to the cat

Dizzy the Egg

Cover-of-the-fantastic-adventures-of-dizzy.jpg

Honestly not entirely unlikely but the Japan/US centric audience wouldn't be able to see it coming
I've called out Dizzy at LEAST twice in these threads, so like Karnov, Doshin and Bonk, he is FIRMLY in the "expected" camp.

Doug TenNapel is massively transphobic, yeah.
Dougie is a lot of abhorrent things. Never met a good Doug.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe something like Fortnite? It's been discussed in the context of Smash -- everything has -- but it's never really dominated the conversation frequently enough like Geno/Dante/Crash/etc. to be considered "expected."
Jonesy was commonly speculated toward the end of the first pass because of he-who-must-not-be-named and is still talked about. He's kinda become the diet-Minecraft Steve. Also, Fortnite is big worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.