Whom do you think to become 7th character of Fighter Passes?

• Geno

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • 8th Gen Pokemon

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Xenoblade 2's Rex and his blade(s)

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Crash

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Master Chef

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Sora

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Other (like Travis Touchdown, etc)

Votes: 58 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
The problem with Gritty Realistic Western Games (or GRWGs, as I have now decided to call them) for me is that I can't really think of what you'd even get from that.

Is GoW a GRWG? Because Kratos is the only potentially interesting character from one of those that I can think of off the top of my head.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
We'll get Rex for Japan, Waluigi for West, Bandana Waddle Dee for easy IP rights, Isaac for new GS marketing and uhhh tbh hard to say 5th.

Myriadnaut

Jun 1, 2020
A stage, more music, & more spirits for Kirby games that Sakurai didn't make. That plus the 3D Kirby game that's apparently in the works.
Fighter: Bandana Waddle Dee
Stage: Dream Palace
Spirits:
Adeleine
Ribbon
Taranza
Dark Meta Knight
Dream Friends
Morpho Knight

Tracks:
Strongest Warrior In The Galaxy
Dirty and Beauty/Sullied Grace
Miracle Matter Boss Theme
Impudent Big Tree
Vs Dark Crafter
Shooting Through the Sky
Mind In The Program
Bouncing Boss Battle
Dark Matter Swordsman Returns
Star Conquering Traveller (Amusement of Star Crushing)
Dark Mind Battle (Star Allies Version)
King D-Mind

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I already said Lara Croft is that unexpected popular in the west character because nobody ever brings her up in Smash speculation.
We used to until the time loop got tighter.

For those unaware, typical counterpoints against Lara:
  • Japan doesn't really care
  • Eidos may be bought, but devs stayed in the West
  • Brawlhalla costume
  • hard to google (Laura)
  • reportedly annoys Miyamoto, Sakamoto or Iwamoto, not sure which
  • responsible for Tomb Raider movie adaptations
  • would annoy either Classic Lara or Modern Lara fans
  • Sakurai would much prefer to negotiate with Squeenix for a real fave of his, Agnèés

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Leon's challenger pack comes with six remixes of this

Back when we were having near daily RE discussions I would always joke that this would be Leon/Claire's victory theme. Like, the whole song. With one of Leon's win lines being "It's up to US to take out Umbrella!" and looking directly into the camera.

spicynun

Jul 19, 2020
If Capcom gets a character, they probably have the biggest wild card on who it could be. I mean Resident Evil rep vs. Dante vs. Phoenix Wright vs. Monster Hunter rep vs. Amaterasu vs. power stone rep

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Well tbh Joker & Terry were Sakurai favorites, Hero for Japan but also DQ11S Marketing, Byleth for FE3H Marketing and token western pick Banjo.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Everquest is the only good western game

Grand Master Glox for Smash

tj4jjSu.png

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
My biggest issue with western game soundtracks is that a lot of times they just remix one main theme over and over again and anything else isn't memorable at all.

Like Smash Ultimate does.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
There was a good western series soundtrack but the composer turned out to be a massive piece of shit and thus it no longer exists

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Me - FUCKING ANIME
this thread - lmao what? What defines something as anime?

this thread - FUCKING GRITTY REALISTIC WESTERN GAMES
Me - lmao what? What defines gritty realistic western games?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I recently played Rise of the Tomb Raider and I can say that series is at least as ridiculous as Metal Gear, and there's nothing realistic about the game other than the visuals.

Lara is literally made of rubber from all the stuff she gets through, and did I mention that you have to fight a helicopter with grenades?

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
The problem with western game soundtracks is the most iconic one is Skyrim, which is a HUGE YIKES if we get a bunch of skyrim music and the such.
Most of the other standout wester tracks are indie games (Supergiant games, Danny B in general, Undertale).
That leaves you with Doom which has a bunch of licensing issues and complications with the composer, Quake which is never gonna get a character, and like some of the harmonix bands in guitar hero and rockband.
I have played mortal kombat extensively and I can't remember a single song in the entire game.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jake Kaufman of Wayforward's Shantae and "Mighty" series fame is an awesome composer.

Status
Not open for further replies.