• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whom do you think to become 7th character of Fighter Passes?

• Geno

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • 8th Gen Pokemon

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Xenoblade 2's Rex and his blade(s)

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Crash

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Master Chef

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Sora

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Other (like Travis Touchdown, etc)

Votes: 58 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yes.

It feels wrong to tease everyone by mentioning it, especially after getting so many replies, but I absolutely can't share this; the person who told me in the first place wouldn't want that. All I can say is that it is possible to piece together who it is using info already out there.
Oh shit. I know who it is.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Here's something fun:

In Squad Strike, you can now have a full team of western vs. eastern characters

96px-Diddy_Kong_SSBU.png
100px-Dark_Samus_SSBU.png
100px-King_K._Rool_SSBU.png
100px-Banjo_%26_Kazooie_SSBU.png
73px-Steve_SSBU.png

VS
100px-Mario_SSBU.png
100px-Pikachu_SSBU.png
100px-Isabelle_SSBU.png
250px-DragonQuestIIIRender.png
100px-Cloud_SSBU.png

(obviously you can pick other five characters outside of the rare crew + dark samus + steve, but i just went with these five)

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

It feels wrong to tease everyone by mentioning it, especially after getting so many replies, but I absolutely can't share this; the person who told me in the first place wouldn't want that. All I can say is that it is possible to piece together who it is using info already out there.
Well, you only have 30k posts, so this shouldn't take too long to sort through

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Here's something that should make even the Steve/Alex-haters happy:

Outside of maybe an eighth-generation Pokémon, Steve/Alex was the most "obvious" FP2 character. Like, Minecraft was by far the biggest "missing piece" in the Smash universe, and now that piece is filled. And there's still four more characters! And now that one of the most obvious picks is out of the way, we don't know who those characters are going to be.

It feels like we're in uncharted territory, now. The biggest "sure bet" character got in. What's left? Even if we assume the most "obvious"/boring characters get in, and one is an eighth-generation Pokémon and one is a Monster Hunter, there's still two more "left field" characters left to wonder about.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Don't just say that you have inside info and then refuse to share it when everyone asks, dude.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something that should make even the Steve/Alex-haters happy:

Outside of maybe an eighth-generation Pokémon, Steve/Alex was the most "obvious" FP2 character. Like, Minecraft was by far the biggest "missing piece" in the Smash universe, and now that piece is filled. And there's still four more characters! And now that one of the most obvious picks is out of the way, we don't know who those characters are going to be.

It feels like we're in uncharted territory, now. The biggest "sure bet" character got in. What's left? Even if we assume the most "obvious"/boring characters get in, and one is an eighth-generation Pokémon and one is a Monster Hunter, there's still two more "left field" characters left to wonder about.
The Fornite dude is still out there, so that will keep folks on their toes until the pass is over

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Pokemon's out of the running now that we're passing by Crown Tundra with no rep.

Especially if we only got a reveal trailer today so that the Sakurai Presents could be shown off at Minecon.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway my guess/hopes for the last four characters.

Rex and Pyra
Impa
Crash Bandicoot
2B

Last edited:

EditorMax

Aug 5, 2020
If they've always had plans for content beyond Volume 1; RIP Rex and Long Live Geno.

Now, is this the right time to pull out the only Smash info I have and kill another fan favourite tonight, or should I hold off for now?
Galaxy brain concept since you can't tell us-

it's a Sora mii costume, and you keep riding the Geno train cuz you assume it will come with a square character

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I wonder if Pokemon's out of the running now that we're passing by Crown Tundra with no rep.

Especially if we only got a reveal trailer today so that the Sakurai Presents could be shown off at Minecon.
we're obviously getting a Gen 5 rep to celebrate that the Gen 4 remakes are never coming out

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

Given the dense proximity of fan requests I'm assuming what you've been told either relates to Xenoblade or a Capcom character.

I mean, it totally can't be characters you've been vouching for 100% like Geno and Travis, right? Right?!

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

I like you man but if you weren't gonna reveal it anyway then you shouldn't have teased it out in the first place.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Like... three years was before the base game even came out.

It's not super unusual for basically all of a game's DLC to be at least in the early stages of planning before a game ships. Especially something like this, that requires legal clearances and co-operation with an outside party, it would be planned well in advance.

I've said before that I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo and Microsoft negotiated the Banjo & Kazooie and Steve/Alex rights at the same time. Now, I'm almost sure that they did.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
MondoMega if you can't reveal specifically who you can deconfirm, you could reveal a couple who you CANT deconfirm right?

^reading that is confusing lol

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Question, when do you think Steve is going to be released..i suspect it will be very soon possibly even next week

Status
Not open for further replies.