• XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool, I guess I don't need to do my DK bit anymore if someone is just going to come out and say it publicly.

But but, my famed mondo mega leaker posts, the gimmick I was running into the ground and half believed might have elements of truth to it!

in other news (or on that news) hip hip hooray, this almost makes up for me making yet another dead thread

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No Byleth
only Dante

1R5e.gif

Jun 11, 2019
i don't know a dante

i only know.... him....
a1a5840aedfa69ef04149214c10c9e57.gif

Corrin's special cause unlike the other two recent MUs, I don't care about either Corrin equally

complete apathy, here we goooooo

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Nier has appeared on a nintendo system, as DLC for Final Fantasy Theatrythm Curtain Call.
even more obscure than the gameboy kingdom hearts stuff IMO but its there.

Yeah, but an actual Nier game hasn't ever been published on a Nintendo system, even though some of its music appears in Theatrythm and 2B is a skin in PSO or whatever.

It's kinda like how Halo technically does have some presence on Nintendo through a Master Chief skin in Minecraft on Switch, but obviously no actual Halo game has been published on Nintendo. That's what CyberWolf was getting at there.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The next 2D Donkey Kong Country platformer will mark the return of DK Jr.

He'll be the only character in the whole game that's still a 16-bit sprite.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'd always have happily taken another game in the vein of modern Retro (great wording) DKC, but I'm also 100% sure it would end up being one of those more of the same sequels that struggled to add much that the first two don't already cover, I guess you could add more animal buddies and actual bonus rooms again but then that's just more of the SNES entries.
Remember how Nintendo damn near marketed TF around KONG-POW? do you even remember KONG-POW? Making standard 2D platforming sequels in the modern day has a greater glass ceiling of sorts than back in the day, at least if you want to reach out beyond the platformer die hards like myself.

He has no hope
He cannot grin
This kong
is stained by sin
Treasured as always

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
We need the Wario Land 3 of DK.

You won't even be able to pick up barrels until you learn how.

But don't worry, the blow move will be part of your starting set.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, a random insider I know nothing about. I'll just say that I'd be very excited for a new DK 3D platformer.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
all leaks i like are obviously true until they're proven false in which case i never supported something so obviously false

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My take on a 3D DK is a character action/brawler where the kongs have to battle Stanley the Bugman and his bug army. Imagine EDF with the battle stylings of Yakuza.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
My take on a 3D DK is a character action/brawler where the kongs have to battle Stanley the Bugman and his bug army. Imagine EDF with the battle stylings of Yakuza.
"Donkey Kong has never killed a kremling in his entire life. He merely banana-slammas them into the hospital where they reflect on their life choices and become better people"

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Rare DK fans: "We want a new 3D Donkey Kong!"

Nintendo: *Makes one, with all of the modern sensibilities of their 3D platforming know-how*

Rare DK fans: "What the fuck is this. The DK rap isn't even here."

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i'm curious as to how a modern 3D DK platformer would play out, so i definitely wanna see one

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It's been such a long time since Nintendo has actually made a DK game of their own, I have a hard time convincing myself that it could potentially happen.

I'd love to see what they'd come up with, though

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rare DK fans: "We want a new 3D Donkey Kong!"

Nintendo: *Makes one, with all of the modern sensibilities of their 3D platforming know-how*

Rare DK fans: "What the fuck is this. The DK rap isn't even here."
I sincerely doubt this would be the reaction to a new 3D DK game. If anything, I'd bet most Rare DK fans probably don't want one at all. If it happens though, fans would just want it to be good, like any sensible fan.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Next Level Games has tackled a revival of Punch-Out!! and basically adopted Luigi's Mansion. I wonder what franchise Nintendo would let them work on next?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Next Level Games has tackled a revival of Punch-Out!! and basically adopted Luigi's Mansion. I wonder what franchise Nintendo would let them work on next?
ideally it'd be a game that benefits from higher fidelity and fantastic cartoony character animations, without too much platformer-like character movement or controls

hmmm, I'm actually not sure

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Mario Strikers again, lol.

I wonder if a 3D DK structured like 3D Land would work

Linear levels in a 3D space that follow similar design ideas from 2D games
If the game is 3D I think i'd like that 3D Land/World structure, yeah. DK64 scared me away from sandbox 3D DK forever.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A new 3D Donkey Kong would be amazing but if it's Nintendo EAD headed I kinda worry they'll sideline the western-made characters again sans (maybe) Diddy.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
"Donkey Kong has never killed a kremling in his entire life. He merely banana-slammas them into the hospital where they reflect on their life choices and become better people"
"And at the end of the game Donkey Kong has to greet and shake hands with all the Kremlings he's defeated, who are now resting in a hospital beds."

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
A new 3D Donkey Kong would be amazing but if it's Nintendo EAD headed I kinda worry they'll sideline the western-made characters again sans (maybe) Diddy.
New Donk City makes a ton of references to Rare characters (multiple Kongs, animal buddies and K. Rool); plus Dixie and Funky appeared in an EPD-developed game this year (Mario Kart Tour).

I'd trust EPD Tokyo to do it justice. No way Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky and K. Rool are absent at the very least.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I expected Super Mario Odyssey 2 as an inevitability up until recently, with 35th anniversary Mario only delivering platforming ports plus a new side mode it does make me wonder what the team has actually been up to.
Maybe they did take on DK just to have a break from eternal Mario.

Or maybe it's Ubi Milan or something, who knows?! should be interesting to see the direction the game and its art style goes in depending on who's tackling it.

If it actually exists, I should stop assuming it actually does based off nothing but scuttlebutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.