• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?!

• DANTE

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • MASTER CHIEF

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • SORA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • CRASH

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • JONESY OR FORTNITE CHARACTER

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • POKEMON

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have any characters I'm interested in at the moment. I think something like Ryu Hayabusa, Geno, Arle, and Rillaboom are a realistic spread but there are so many ways that I can go.

In terms of characters that I think are realistic though, I would naturally be looking at ST Falcon, Ray MK II, Aeron, and Alex Roivas.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I don't think they're ever going to give a company a character as a "reward" for just being business partners.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Sometimes I forget that Geno hasn't been revealed yet.

So uh... yeah, I "predict" he'll be in; sure.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

lAVvoc6.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would get patched out the next day.
And the game would be worse if they did that. That kind of crazy nonsense is incredibly difficult to pull off in normal gameplay which rewards players who can do it, usually N64 players like Wizzy since SDI is the only form of DI in that game so they're super good at doing it. The old N64-Brawl SDI was a great, albeit super hidden mechanic, it's a shame how nonexistent it is in 4 and Ultimate, it's an important defensive option.

Just look at Bayonetta in Smash 4, she would have been a lot less horrific if players could more reliably escape her up-b with SDI as they would have in previous games in the series.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube keeps recommending me videos of Vtubers playing Minecraft, so I've been watching them at work. I've never been so interested in the game and it's not actually for the game itself, it's for the social interactions that are going through this medium.

Steve and Alex's moveset has lots of moves for mining and crafting, but why aren't there any moves for burning down your friend's house and asking your dad how to apologize?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
YouTube keeps recommending me videos of Vtubers playing Minecraft, so I've been watching them at work. I've never been so interested in the game and it's not actually for the game itself, it's for the social interactions that are going through this medium.

Steve and Alex's moveset has lots of moves for mining and crafting, but why aren't there any moves for burning down your friend's house and asking your dad how to apologize?
I dunno. Down Tilt and Down Taunt? OR the entirety of his Final Smash (which automatically ends with the down taunt)?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Smash is for good boys and girls and good boys and girls don't set their friends' houses on fire, so that situation is behind the reach of what Smash can express

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
But what what about the moves where you trying to communicate with your friend when you only have an elementary school understanding of each other's languages?
ah, i see you are also a fan of the PekoMoona connection

Smash is for good boys and girls and good boys and girls don't set their friends' houses on fire, so that situation is behind the reach of what Smash can express
i love getting the opportunity to post this again

EditorMax

Aug 5, 2020
Sometimes I forget that Geno hasn't been revealed yet.

So uh... yeah, I "predict" he'll be in; sure.
I'm disappointed in myself that there is, still, the smallest inkling in the back of my mind nagging me to hold on to hope that this bit is done with actual insider knowledge even if you have said over and over that outside of that one thing you don't know anything else.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, Anna's definitely getting recast next time we see her.
Is she though? I sincerely hope she does because I used to really like Karen Strassman's voice acting but unlike Chris Niosi or something similar to that I feel like voice actors being racist transphobic pieces of garbage is something that gets punished less, sadly. I hope she does though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is she though? I sincerely hope she does because I used to really like Karen Strassman's voice acting but unlike Chris Niosi or something similar to that I feel like voice actors being racist transphobic pieces of garbage is something that gets punished less, sadly. I hope she does though.
Patrick Seitz is the ADR. So if it's within his power, he'll likely do it.

Also, I see Karen being a TERF be brought up a lot? While it wouldn't surprise me given her racism, is there a source so I can add it to the thread?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Fire Emblem's voice and casting directors are Patrick Seitz and Wendee Lee, both of whom are observably left-leaning and anti-trump, unless someone at IntSys happens to think Strassman is the voice for Anna for whatever reason and goes over their heads, they make the decisions on if she gets to come back or not. Though, it seems like Strassman has deleted all her nonsense from Twitter, so there might be less proof to reference.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fire Emblem's voice and casting directors are Patrick Seitz and Wendee Lee, both of whom are observably left-leaning and anti-trump, unless someone at IntSys happens to think Strassman is the voice for Anna for whatever reason and goes over their heads, they make the decisions on if she gets to come back or not. Though, it seems like Strassman has deleted all her nonsense from Twitter, so there might be less proof to reference.
Oh don't worry, there are screenshots a-plenty.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
And the game would be worse if they did that. That kind of crazy nonsense is incredibly difficult to pull off in normal gameplay which rewards players who can do it, usually N64 players like Wizzy since SDI is the only form of DI in that game so they're super good at doing it. The old N64-Brawl SDI was a great, albeit super hidden mechanic, it's a shame how nonexistent it is in 4 and Ultimate, it's an important defensive option.

Just look at Bayonetta in Smash 4, she would have been a lot less horrific if players could more reliably escape her up-b with SDI as they would have in previous games in the series.
But that means multihits less working even less that they are.

So every single character with multihits would be nerfed.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Oh don't worry, there are screenshots a-plenty.
tweets are easy to fake, but I'd trust seitz to be smart about it. he's good people.

anyways, more lighthearted discussion

what'd be a character you wants stage entrance at the beginning of a fight?

Here's Kiryu's

Kiryu-Door-Kick-PS2.gif

the goon should be there to get kicked off too

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
tweets are easy to fake, but I'd trust seitz to be smart about it. he's good people.

Here's Kiryu's

Kiryu-Door-Kick-PS2.gif

Aeron - Swings in on a chain

Alex Roivas - I forget if there's an animation if you leave the Trapper dimension but that

Infantryman - Hops out of an APV

Impa - Emerges from the manual of a Zelda game

Jill Dozer - Drills in through the floor

Lip - Appears out of a blooming flower

Mach Rider - Rides in on a motorcycle

Mallo - Pushes a block out of the background and pops out from behind it

Medusa - Busts out of a statue

Mr. Wright - Animation taken from how he appears on the advice screen

Nikki - Doodled on screen by a giant pencil

Paper Mario - Thrown onto the field in the form of a paper airplane

Ray MK II - Launched into the arena as a die. Sometimes starts off upside down.

Saki Amamiya - Lies on the ground while his Dolphin is thrown to him from offscreen

ST Falcon - Crashes onto the ground after narrowly surviving orbital reentry. Or, more seriously, flying into the screen a la the opening of Metal Combat.

Sukapon - Keeping his head back on like beginning a match in Joy Mech Fight

Takamaru - Invisibility jutsu runs out.

Vince - The exact same thing I said for Nikki except it's a paintbrush

BONUS:

Cybuster - Lands in the battlefield after flying through it at high speed several times, then decides to fight while still being visibly confused about where it is.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Here's Kiryu's

Kiryu-Door-Kick-PS2.gif

I love that this shot was perfectly recreated in Yakuza Kiwami. That's the sign of a quality remake.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Y'all are going to give poor MondoMega a hard time until December 2021 when Geno is finally revealed.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
MondoMega just says he's not a leaker because he only has all of the information on Smash characters, he doesn't know who the leakers are.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I actually thought something happened regarding Geno lol.

Nevermind then, ignore me. I'll just continue listening to the Age of Calamity soundtrack

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020

Geno -- The doll appears on stage and is brought to life by the star.

Can't believe how hard it is to find a GIF of the scene where he first comes to life, what?

Hades -- Rips open a part of the background, exposing part of the hellish Underworld, and steps onto the stage.

e496ebc64600da3b597164187902e9762a7e1214r1-299-182_00.gif

Crash -- Hops out of one of those CB: Warped! Time Portals
ASN1JNf.gif

Chosen One/Bearer of the Curse/Ashen One -- Appears kneeling by a Bonfire and stands up as the Bonfire vanishes.

KOS-MOS --
fw3ez4n-imgur-gif.248387

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's political commentary.

Oh, I was getting really tired of the same political jokes over and over. Probably made so much worse by being exhaused by months of 2020 election memes doing the same thing. Russian bots! get it? now get it again and again because we forgot we made the same joke in another ep.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I was getting really tired of the same political jokes over and over. Probably made so much worse by being exhaused by months of 2020 election memes doing the same thing. Russian bots! get it? now get it again and again because we forgot we made the same joke in another ep.
This has nothing to do with Animaniacs, but I've felt for a while that a lot of people are going to struggle with being seen for their full range of views now that "I also hate the bad man" is no longer going to be an easy route to being one of the good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.