• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?!

• DANTE

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • MASTER CHIEF

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • SORA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • CRASH

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • JONESY OR FORTNITE CHARACTER

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • POKEMON

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
186957281.2ybjpr.jpg

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just in time for the Lloyd Irving reveal

But on a serious note, I'm hoping Tales fans actually get some notable new announcements. It's been pretty silent this year and we still know jack shit about Tales of Arise.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine holding an opinion on a game I've never played. Usually I buy a game, get bored after an hour or two, and then form an opinion

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
With the Gaming Legends series in Fortnite (Kratos, Master Chief, and the possibility of a Nintendo character if old datamines are to be believed), I think we need to seriously consider that Jonesy might be a thing in Smash.

I like Fortnite and I like Smash. However I hate the Jonesy model, but sadly he would be the skin they would use.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This is just a gut feeling, but getting two Western avatar characters who mine materials with a pickaxe and build structures in the same pass seems unlikely to me.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I just think it's kinda dumb to have both Steve and Jonesy on the same pass because they more or less appeal to the same audience.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Yarp. I felt like the Geno stans deserve a break if I hear anything one way or the other. Plus I was bored and feeling nostalgic.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Jonesy is just really boring as a character imo

Not saying I want a Fortnite character. But out of all the skins they have he is literally the most dull uninspired skin in the game. But sadly he is now the mascot as Ramirez has been sidelined.

This is just a gut feeling, but getting two Western avatar characters who mine materials with a pickaxe and build structures in the same pass seems unlikely to me.

Maybe, but I personally would not bet against it now.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying I want a Fortnite character. But out of all the skins they have he is literally the most dull uninspired skin in the game. But sadly he is now the mascot as Ramirez has been sidelined.

Best solution is going with 8 defaults but I don't know if the team would able to do 8 different models during DLC development since they had to pick four Heroes. If they had more time then I'm positive that they would add more alt costumes for Hero. And getting Fortnite character in Smash Bros is extremely unlikely at the point so if I were you, I wouldn't worry about us getting Jonesy.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm holding on till the bitter end but when the guy who knew Cloud and Hero were coming to Smash long in advance hasn't heard a peep about Geno, well, that ain't very inspiring.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am playing a "new" NES game in 2020.

Maybe they should add this "Marth" guy to Smash. 😜

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for a flamewar today, the WFH and IRL are not putting me in a good mood

There must be a guy named Geno in some other game than SMRPG, no? Maybe an NPC in Assassin's Creed or SMT2.

EditorMax

Aug 5, 2020
I'm holding on till the bitter end but when the guy who knew Cloud and Hero were coming to Smash long in advance hasn't heard a peep about Geno, well, that ain't very inspiring.
Don't give up yet man - Cloud was one thing but everyone knew about Hero far in advance. Nintendo has clearly clamped down on leaks now. There are a number of equally plausible reasons why he may not have heard anything beyond "it's not happening." Keep holding out if you can.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
We have all come to an agreement that if Nintendo gets a character in Fortnite, the best candidate is Donkey Kong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.