• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?!

• DANTE

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • MASTER CHIEF

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • SORA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • CRASH

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • JONESY OR FORTNITE CHARACTER

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • POKEMON

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Look, as cool as Eggman would be, my fanboy bias still just wants to see the fake Melee rumor come true and see Tails finally make it in.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If you see this Mondo, I hope all is well.

I could see Eggman (maybe not this pass but eventually) but I do think people are kind of sleeping on the possibility of unique Shadow. He'd even be in the same "forum signature rep" category as Sephiroth.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah Ring Fit hasn't earned a spot yet. It's just one game in a genre that is already represented with a relatively similar, more iconic character from a larger, longer series which itself eventually led to Ring Fit. With no sign of a sequel, dlc, or other content to expand its reach it would feel like a flavor of the month pick at this point.
But at the same time, Nintendo seems to be actively pushing it even now. I'd be shocked if the Trainee didn't get in the next Smash game. Games that sold much less than RFA got in, so I don't see the issue. And I don't see why genre has anything to do with it. You don't see a limit on fighting games or RPGs. And it's not like they'd play anything like Wii Fit Trainer.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
You know, I loved hearing One Winged Angel during the trailer last night and I've re-watched it about 800x but I'm having flashbacks to the Hero trailer having the Symphonic music and then it not actually being the game.
So, I'm a bit nervous about what we actually get in this pack.

One thing that was curious was that it said Smash Ultimate x Final Fantasy, not just Final Fantasy VII like was the case with Cloud.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You know, I loved hearing One Winged Angel during the trailer last night and I've re-watched it about 800x but I'm having flashbacks to the Hero trailer having the Symphonic music and then it not actually being the game.

One thing that was curious was that it said Smash Ultimate x Final Fantasy, not just Final Fantasy VII like was the case with Cloud.
You can mainly chalk that up as Sugiyama being a shithead.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what do we think Sephiroth's win theme will be? FF7 victory like cloud, an excerpt of One Winged Angel, or something else?

Also yeah we aren't going to be getting FF7 music MIDIs. It may be bad YT-quality rips a la Cloud but it will be the real tracks.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I think we're getting more than 2 songs. I think it'll be on par with Hero, who got 8 with no remixes, at least. Music is a big selling point of the pass this time around.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

It was only Final Fantasy in the game awards. The uploaded trailer and Japanese version say Final Fantasy VII.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I'm expecting the PlayStation version

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So...this is a post from the Geno Smashboards topic.

1607706790302.png

Oh dear...

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Alright let's start the REAL discussion: What Mii Costumes we getting with Sephiroth?

I'm thinking Tifa + Barrett for the "relevant" costumes, and then Phoenix Wright in the "you're not getting him as an actual fighter but hey we'll throw you a bone" costume slot.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's start the REAL discussion: What Mii Costumes we getting with Sephiroth?

I'm thinking Tifa + Barrett for the "relevant" costumes, and then Phoenix Wright in the "you're not getting him as an actual fighter but hey we'll throw you a bone" costume slot.

Oh, I think most of us know who's coming with Sephiroth...

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018

Chocobo + Geno from Smash 4 are two of them most likely

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
so the final character is definitely going to be a bombshell, right?

I'm thinking either doomguy, master chef, or waluigi

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Geno and Chocobo 100%

then I think we'd get an assortment of Tifa, Barret, Black Mage, Crono, Moogle, or Noctis

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

If a Capcom character is in the pipeline, they may save any Capcom Mii Costumes for them.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
man, the last smash character in ultimate, possibly the last character ever under Sakurai's direction, and you think it's gonna be some rando loser?
The character will be whoever the last character will be. If it weren't for the existence of a second pass, Ultimate's DLC would have ended on a Fire Emblem character.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if there's gonna be at least one more "big character" before we start getting Byleth/Terry tier characters, or if Steve and Sephiroth are going to the two headliners of this pass as Hero and Banjo were in FP1.

The Microsoft/Square-Enix combo

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I do wonder if there's gonna be at least one more "big character" before we start getting Byleth/Terry tier characters, or if Steve and Sephiroth are going to the two headliners of this pass as Hero and Banjo were.

The Microsoft/Square-Enix combo

I think we will get one more megaton then some "smaller" characters to wrap it up.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
If a Capcom character is in the pipeline, they may save any Capcom Mii Costumes for them.
They DID include Bomberman (Hudson [now Konami]) Gil (Namco) and Travis (Marvelous I think) in the Steve pack (along with a bunch of Minecraft costumes) so I think other companies' characters aren't off-limits.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They DID include Bomberman (Hudson [now Konami]) Gil (Namco) and Travis (Marvelous I think) in the Steve pack (along with a bunch of Minecraft costumes) so I think other companies' characters aren't off-limits.
But in those cases, their inclusions seem to indicate that we won't get characters from those companies. My point is that if Capcom is to get a character in this pass, any Mii Costumes related to the company would likely be saved for then.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
I've been happy with all the Smash DLC additions, though none of the characters added held any special nostalgia or were characters I was particularly invested in since they were from series I don't really play. Sephiroth is the first character revealed where I went absolutely crazy with hype and am very excited to play on the basis of the character itself vs another great Smash character addition, if that makes sense.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Geno fan but I'm not denying how epic this is.

If I get a Deluxe Mii Costume with a Song I will be very happy too.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
so the final character is definitely going to be a bombshell, right?

I'm thinking either doomguy, master chef, or waluigi

The last character generally isn't that much of a bombshell. Like it was Byleth for the last wave of DLC. Incineroar ended the one before that. Bayo before that (though I suppose she is the winner of the popularity contest) Duck Hunt before that, either Wolf or ROB before that depending on how you measure what Brawl was doing. Sakurai normally has the bigger characters show up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.