• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

One more fighter left: will they be First-Party or Third-Party?

• First-Party (returning series)

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • First-Party (new series)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Third-Party (returning series)

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Third-Party (new series)

Votes: 85 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy but Tidus doesn't really bring much to the table moveset wise. But I would be for an FFX stage and music that came with him though.
Ffx-art.jpg

Spira has such a great vibe, I'd love a Besaid Island stage.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_mlljbc7M0A1rfjowdo1_500.gif

It would never happen but I think it would be cool to see a playable Black Mage that is deliberately designed to look and act like his original NES sprite like Mega Man is in Smash.

Outside of Kain Highwind this would be my dream addition. The closest to a mage character Smash has is Robin and Hero, but both of those also incorporate a good amount of melee attacks. I would love a character that goes all-in on a mage archetype.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I change my mind, Y'shtola is actually my most wanted FF newcomer for Smash.

jhl11jhfjy331.png

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Outside of Kain Highwind this would be my dream addition. The closest to a mage character Smash has is Robin and Hero, but both of those also incorporate a good amount of melee attacks. I would love a character that goes all-in on a mage archetype.
I'd actually argue Zelda is our closest to the mage archetype, amusingly. Her only weapon is wielded by her summon, which is very, very mage.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Sephiroth is rad because he's a giant prima donna but in a game where that theatric personality can flourish instead of appearing as the lame version of an already existing and more interesting character.

jokes on you, i'd never support an FF6 character

my rancid take is that after playing FF8 last year, i'd probably pop off for Squall actually

like that loser lad
Squall is good.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt that these FF14 characters to pop up a lot on era are good characters
But boy oh boy do those dopey models always do them an immediate disservice

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Squall is a weird anomaly because he's a crappy character taken on his own but he somehow manages to be the best of the main cast because the main cast sucks that much.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with the characters and stages being based primarily on FF7 but yeah, it's a shame Final Fantasy couldn't get the Castlevania treatment of having spirits and music from across the entire series, or Mii outfits for that matter.

But it's pretty much a minor miracle we even got more FF content at all so I'll let it slide for now.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I am honorbound to support Squall, another article in the same pact that outlines my duty to support Tomokazu Seki.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I always try to use illustrated versions of the FF14 characters.
And we silently salute your for it
Fair.

But I can also definitely get behind Y'shtola.
See, now this POPS

Persona's next rep is going to be a shitty PS2 model from Persona 3.

maxresdefault.jpg
There's a kinda low poly charm to the PS2 persona character models, at the same time, they got the biggest glow up going onto the next home console

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Friendly reminder that in the last big Final Fantasy vote, Japan voted that FFX was their favorite game and Sephiroth didn't even make it into the top 10 characters when Zidane, Yuna, Lightning, and Emet-Selch did.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I have nearly nothing to say about all those RPGs

On another hand us discussing them decreases their chances, right

Also, how does the comic cover thing work, does brinstar get ignored unless I go to the sketchy tunnel import comic shop to look for a printed book

Friendly reminder that in the last big Final Fantasy vote, Japan voted that FFX was their favorite game and Sephiroth didn't even make it into the top 10 characters when Zidane, Yuna, Lightning, and Emet-Selch did.
Was that post-Smash Sephiroth? Are they hipsters too?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
No because Cloud was number 1 and Aerith was number 3.

Sephy sucks. American millenials and Sakurai are just the last to realize that.
i can't believe it, Sephiroth was only -checks- 11th place across all the fuckmillion characters in the final fantasy series

truly, a universally despised character, not like the universally beloved Terra at -checks- 17th place.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
i can't believe it, Sephiroth was only -checks- 11th place across all the fuckmillion characters in the final fantasy series

truly, a universally despised character, not like the universally beloved Terra at -checks- 17th place.
Alas, VII nostalgia is still a terrible disease. The effects are being mitigated but no cure has been found yet.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
highest ranked FFV character on that poll is Gilgamesh who would, admittedly, probably be the easiest way to rep FF as a whole due to their gimmick of cameoing wherever the hell they want and using legendary weapons from throughout the entire series

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Actually I think my biggest Final Fantasy want is for Cloud and Sephiroth to have their English voices.
Then you're gonna have to ask Nintendo to unionize the English voice production for Smash, because that's why Cloud & Sephiroth can't speak English (as Square Enix only allows those actors to voice the roles, & they can't go uncredited).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
not sure why I started thinking about the awful wonderswan mega man game but now I've been reminded that this guy exists

n5kce.png

Status
Not open for further replies.