• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Like, would anyone in the Nintendo thread get mad at me if I start rambling about Psycho Armor Govarian without provocation.
They'd better not. Anyone who gets mad when someone suddenly leaps up from their seat to preach the mecha gospel is unworthy to have the Word flow through them.
lmao jeez. it's getting harder and harder for me to justify my account here. it's like down to This Thread, Specifically
Thank goodness we're all wonderful enough to justify any and everyone's account on here singlehandedly.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If enough people over there move to Discord, we can just take over the Direct thread and it'll be like nothing changed lol

In all seriousness though, this is such a strange feeling. Hasn't quite sunk in yet that we really are at the end of the line

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
If enough people over there move to Discord, we can just take over the Direct thread and it'll be like nothing changed lol

In all seriousness though, this is such a strange feeling. Hasn't quite sunk in yet that we really are at the end of the line
I'm telling you, if all you suckers would just agree and sign a binding contract to participate in the hangouts thread, nothing would change. Just sign on the dotted line in blood and it'll all be okay.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I've been posting in these dumb Smash threads since Smash 4 was announced back in like 2012 or whatever, do you think a little fact like Ultimate's support is ending with no new Smash on the horizon will stop me from speculating about Dixie Kong?!

Unless she was the final character...

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Final reminder about the threadmarked ongoing avatar bet! The Direct will likely be the end of the road, and that comes in 25 and a half hours from now. I'll accept any entrants before the direct starts (or if we get a leak and the character happens to not be taken yet).

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Holding out hope for Phoenix Wright. I have no fucking idea how his move set would work but if Isabelle can fight, Phoenix sure can.

Rayman seems possible, and Crash Bandicoot would be hilarious if only to have a fun jab at Sony for Smash ending up with better PS1 representation than Playstation All-Stars did. I can't think of any big Nintendo characters left that would make sense, but anything's possible I guess.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ridley and Krool getting in on the base roster were great. Banjo basically sealed the deal that I would not be bothered by any other DLC as I had the ones I wanted. Glad that Spring boy was not the arms rep but it should have been Twintell. Would have preferred Elma for Xeno (with a port). Builder over Hero as well as thats the DQ series I care about but I'm half joking about that one.

I'd like Pheonix or Eggman for the final character.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Ridley and Krool getting in on the base roster were great. Banjo basically sealed the deal that I would not be bothered by any other DLC as I had the ones I wanted. Glad that Spring boy was not the arms rep but it should have been Twintell. Would have preferred Elma for Xeno (with a port). Builder over Hero as well as thats the DQ series I care about but I'm half joking about that one.

I'd like Pheonix or Eggman for the final character.
yeah, Ridley/K. Rool/Banjo is such a triple whammy of dreams that it's hard to be too upset whoever the final character is, but I haven't really been very excited by any of the Pass 2 characters, so it would be nice for a change of pace.

Incidentally those two are probably my top picks as well!

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Such pleasant news to wake up to. I hope you all get something you want tomorrow.

Prior to 2002, Nintendo co-owned Killer Instinct with Rare, yes.

147568-killer-instinct-snes-back-cover.jpg

Notice "Nintendo/Rare" at the bottom right there. Banjo, Killer Instinct and Blast Corps were the only three original Rare IPs to have that in their copyrights as Nintendo actually had stakes in them, unlike Conker, Perfect Dark, etc which were always fully owned by Rare.

However it's worth pointing out that Nintendo never actually published Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2/Gold in Japan, so I kinda doubt it would of gotten acknowledgement in a Japanese based fighting game like this regardless.
Thank you for the clarification.

I get off work at 5 pm eastern standard time so if they start on smash il be too busy driving

Only takes me 15 minutes to get him so if they end on it I'm good
So I'm guessing carpooling isn't a viable option right now?

Blah, these always happen when I'm at work.
I'm at work all night and I'm going out right after so I won't be able to catch it till Friday
Would you like me to DM a segmented link to the presentation after it's done?

Nice, it's starting right after I'm done working and on the Light Rail home, get to kick back with new announcements and hopefully our last Smash fighter (although I'd laugh if we end up getting an announcement for a separate presentation so we have to wait just a lil longer)

Best of luck, everyone--hope at least one of ya gets a character they really want!
Thank you, likewise.

Final Smash character from the N64 era

Is this an esoteric hint for a Custom Robo character /s?

I still think there's no way

Cinderace can stay in Ubers wear it belongs
Autocorrect issue?

We should start brainstorming how they could make the moveset hype.

Like what if Wii fit trainer volley ball....but it can stay out for a prolonged period like diddy's banana and as it's fire, anyone else trying to punt it gets burned.

....yeah, that's all I got

And his roll soundclip is inexplicably manlier like he went through bear puberty.
There were a few videos that drafted interesting hypothetical movesets for Cinderace.

These are amazing.

Yo, Linkle in Smash! That's the Zelda character everyone wants, right?
I mean, I wouldn't hate her. I'd prefer Lana (with the unfortunate implications of her plotline in Hyrule Warriors reconciled), but Linkle would be fine.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Would you be fine with Nintendo annoucing a Smash Complete Edition having all the DLC content plus new maps in the Direct? (that gets patched in to the game for free as a bonus)

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Holding out hope for Phoenix Wright. I have no fucking idea how his move set would work but if Isabelle can fight, Phoenix sure can.

What about Susato :D

Rayman seems possible, and Crash Bandicoot would be hilarious if only to have a fun jab at Sony for Smash ending up with better PS1 representation than Playstation All-Stars did. I can't think of any big Nintendo characters left that would make sense, but anything's possible I guess.

Well that's already the case I'd say lol. Cloud, Snake, Joker...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
24 hours to go! Well, the "beginning of the end" at least, we'll presumably have the Sakurai presents with the last few Mii costumes and whatever.

I'm unironically pulling for Cinderace, which is the only character that feels really plausible at this point and that I'm interested in... I'd prefer Dixie or Geno or Jill or, I dunno, Zagreus, but they're all long enough shots that it just doesn't seem plausible.

At this point, though, I'm expecting the unexpected. We're five for five on unpredictable newcomers and I really doubt that streak will be broken. I'm just hoping they bring something new to the table, aesthetically or conceptually.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I guess my big, plausible want for the last character would be someone in the vein of what I thought of Kazuya.

A cool third-party that I take no issue with, even if they're not a character I really wanted. I don't dare than get my hopes up for anything more than that.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
24 hours until Master Chief Finishes the Fight[ers Pass 2]!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
If they do release a complete edition I wouldn't expect it till next FY.
They are gonna let the final character sell the last season pass for a bit before trying to do any complete editions.
Even then that would be a lot of partners they'd need to work with to make a complete edition when including all the Mii costumes

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
If they do release a complete edition I wouldn't expect it till next FY.
They are gonna let the final character sell the last season pass for a bit before trying to do any complete editions.
Even then that would be a lot of partners they'd need to work with to make a complete edition when including all the Mii costumes
If that happens I hope it uses a 32gb cart and had everything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.