• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 7 | King of Fighters: Dream Match Never Ends - (ERA, ARE YOU OKAY!?)

NotLiquid

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. If they do a special reveal stream in conjunction of fighter 5 reveal, where they also talk about how wave 2 will be distributed, they might announce a Smash Ultimate physical re-release that comes bundled with the first fighter pass.

Quacktion

Oct 27, 2017
Karnov would be amazing but that's never happening lol.

Actually, isnt the Karnov licence just up in the air currently? Like anyone can snag that, mybe Sakurai could bring us a Karnov resurrection!

FLowzmakeher

May 3, 2019
For my moba players, who would you like to see in smash? I think lee sin would be really cool and I can def see this as a possibility for fighter pack 2.

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
© 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA /
CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / FromSoftware, Inc. /
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. / id Software LLC / Marvelous Inc. / Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. / ARC SYSTEM WORKS / Activision Publishing, Inc. / ZUN / SUNSOFT / Valve Corporation /
Nihon Falcom Corporation. / LEVEL-5 Inc. / Ubisoft Entertainment / Nippon Ichi Software, Inc. / Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd. / Disney

This must be terrible to look at on mobile, lol

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

Very possible but makes me wonder, will they go with a Starter or someone else?
"It's unlikely that the post-Pass DLC will come with new stages or dedicated Spirit Boards"
This feels like an odd assumption pulled out of who knows where.

ned_ballad

Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Until I hear a confirmation that we're getting a second fighters pass, I'm not even expecting 5 - 6 more. After the fifth fighter, I could see there being 1 - 3 more characters sold individually. Some really big names, or promotional characters like a Pokemon.
Smash Bros DLC significantly boosted digital revenue for Nintendo last year.

So much so that they made it a point to mention it at an investors meeting.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I found few articles about that but for some reason they didn't even mentions the numbers of sales (661M) so I was wondering where it came from. Yeah but they had to emphasize that Fighter Pass made a huge contribution to it which is pretty crazy tho.

Bluewind098

Oct 27, 2017
My interest in Cinderace outweighs any concern about Pokemon being too overrepped. I also wouldn't mind if it didn't happen either.

jph139

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I'd be fine with a new Pokemon if it felt fairly novel, like Zacian/Zamazenta. But I'm done with humanoid ones. Incineroar already felt like a bridge too far for me.

I kind of feel the same way about Fire Emblem, but I think that's just Corrin in particular. I'd be fine with Byleth or any of the house leaders.

Weiss

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with a new Pokemon if it felt fairly novel, like Zacian/Zamazenta. But I'm done with humanoid ones. Incineroar already felt like a bridge too far for me.

I kind of feel the same way about Fire Emblem, but I think that's just Corrin in particular. I'd be fine with Byleth or any of the house leaders.
Despite being the worst Lord in Fire Emblem history Corrin at least came into Smash a unique character.

jph139

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Despite being the worst Lord in Fire Emblem history Corrin at least came into Smash a unique character.
Cold comfort for me, since I don't really enjoy playing as them regardless.

You know, despite being a Fire Emblem fan I don't really like playing as any of the characters in Smash. Roy is the closest, I guess. I tried to get into Robin but they're just too sluggish.