• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people want Sora. We've already had a Square rep this fp and he would be too similar to Cloud.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I'm super excited for tomorrow because we have absolutely no idea who it is? There's something always magical about each Smash reveal, so being completely blind on this is gonna be something.

That said, out of all the characters people seem to be fixating on, I'm definitely in the Arle camp.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't get why people want Sora. We've already had a Square rep this fp and he would be too similar to Cloud.
Sora actually isn't Square-Enix, though. He's a Disney character (100% owned by Disney, in fact). In some ways, that only makes matters worse when it comes to negotiations (not impossible, just hard). With that being said, I doubt Sora would play like Cloud.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
BTW Morrigan was seriously considered for Tekken 7 but they figured that she probably take so much time to worked on so they dropped her.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The only way you would think Sora and Cloud are similar is if you have never played a Kingdom Hearts game.

Also if it were for me I'd include Crono and 2B and Neku and Terra Branford. But then we'd be stuck with two music tracks for each so phooey

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sora doesn't in anyway fight like Cloud. Cloud his really hard

Sora floats around swinging fast and casting magic. He's closer to like an Onion Knight or something

BTW Morrigan was seriously considered for Tekken 7 but they figured that she probably take so much time to worked on so they dropped her.

I don't understand how she would take any longer than anyone else

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

WA2F4ZT.gif

You had RPG in your name and you can't even tell the difference between Cloud and Sora? I'm deeply confused.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Morrigan Aensland, but since this is Tekken and they have Neagan one can't be too sure which Morrigan we're on about

(I have no idea how they'd pull off the transforming bat antics in Tekken style)

I don't know why she would be hard to make, the sprite is already done
They'd have to rebuild it in 3D blocks, messing with perfection was a no go.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
For a moment, ignore logic and prior pacing for these presentations, imagine the most ridiculously jam packed 35 minutes you could revolving around Sakurai's maybe-hint of the number 3.

My imagination goes to this place first: 3 character announcements. Fighter 5, explaination, a bonus echo fighter, shorter explanation, Fighter 6 tease at the end.

Feb 5, 2018
Clearly someone hasnt played Kingdom Hearts. Sora would be, by far, the most ludicrous and flashy character, with Dante probably being a close second. Both need a myriad of animations to really make them true to their characters.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people want Geno. We already have a square rep and he would fight like Mii Gunner

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, Let forget all about Jonesy and Fortnite for Smash Bros and support Ninja for Smash Bros now! He's a video games character now so let embrace him and rally for his inclusion.

v58FQLR.jpg

this post is completely satire

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Is it weird that I'm super excited for tomorrow because we have absolutely no idea who it is? There's something always magical about each Smash reveal, so being completely blind on this is gonna be something.

That said, out of all the characters people seem to be fixating on, I'm definitely in the Arle camp.
I mean we could get a leak sometime between now and tomorrow

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great idea Heath. Smash needs more ninjas and I can't think of anyone else who could fit the bill.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine the trailer where Sheik and Greninja are having a shinobi showdown only to suddenly have a wooden wall build up inbetween them, then in like 5 more seconds there're two mansions of wooden frame work and ramps all over the stage, a grenade drops into the mix of blasts them both out of the area, the smoke clears and we see an emoting Ninja
"Ninja streams into smash"

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I don't understand how she would take any longer than anyone else
She's pretty weird when you think about the varied animations shes has for attacks. Her wings can turn into spikes, blades, a drill and other stuff like that, in combination with standard attacks.

Clearly someone hasnt played Kingdom Hearts. Sora would be, by far, the most ludicrous and flashy character, with Dante probably being a close second. Both need a myriad of animations to really make them true to their characters.
Sora would also need combos to be accurate, at least the basic starting ground and air combo. That doesn't get mentioned much, or at all.

Deleted member 14939

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for helping unmask this conspiracy. So in total Smash has 3.39 birds which is more than 2 so it must be too many
1 Falco
1 Dedede
.5 Banjo and Kazooie
.5 Duck Hunt
.2 Captain Falcon
.05 Ridley (started as a baby bird)
.033 each Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena (feathered wings)
.02 each Samus and Zero Suit Samus (raised by birds)

If you count Dedede then you have to count Eiscue.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Just imagine the trailer where Sheik and Greninja are having a shinobi showdown only to suddenly have a wooden wall build up inbetween them, then in like 5 more seconds there're two mansions of wooden frame work and ramps all over the stage, a grenade drops into the mix of blasts them both out of the area, the smoke clears and we see an emoting Ninja
"Ninja streams into smash"
Fuck, is it too late to ditch #TeamDante? You're making a strong argument

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for helping unmask this conspiracy. So in total Smash has 3.39 birds which is more than 2 so it must be too many
1 Falco
1 Dedede
.5 Banjo and Kazooie
.5 Duck Hunt
.2 Captain Falcon
.05 Ridley (started as a baby bird)
.033 each Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena (feathered wings)
.02 each Samus and Zero Suit Samus (raised by birds)
ComplicatedBrownKoala-max-1mb.gif

Ridley is extremely bird.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The more "hints" that people find for a certain character, the less inclined I am to believe that character is in.

Remember Skull Kid? I know you remember Skull Kid.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Dead Space Isaac was actually part of Playstation All Stars, he had a pretty hilarious loss screen where he's getting sucked out into the vacuum of space and then the stats screen was just his floating helmet or something like that.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Reminder that Dead Space Isaac was actually part of Playstation All Stars, he had a pretty hilarious loss screen where he's getting sucked out into the vacuum of space and then the stats screen was just his floating helmet or something like that.

But that´s another IP. We´re talking about Isaac from Golden Sun.

Damn you, Camelot. Stop doing Mario sport games and give us GS 4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.