• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't reconcile the possibility of someone knowing all of the August and September character reveals in advance and deciding to lie about the rest. It's also hard for me to think of any potential technical issues that would lead to one of the characters being cut and omitted from the Grinch leak.

In your opinion, do you think it's completely out of the question that this character could have been removed?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like your trying to say every insider has the same source so they'd all be wrong.

We don't know how many sources are or aren't at play here, that's the thing. It could be all these insiders are going off the exact same information/source. Or maybe there are multiple sources, but they have all been fed the same bunk info. It's not impossible.

I just can't reconcile the possibility of someone knowing all of the August and September character reveals in advance and deciding to lie about the rest. It's also hard for me to think of any potential technical issues that would lead to one of the characters being cut and omitted from the Grinch leak.
Now see, this actually gives a bit more insight to what kind of info was actually provided. If it was some sort of list of when different characters would be revealed then it's possible that information is either based on outdated plans or incomplete ones. There's all kinds of reasons orders of reveals can change. Maybe characters really do get cut. Maybe that person didn't know every character coming. It's also possible they explicitly knew what was going to be presented in the August and September directs, but didn't know past that and fudged it, or assumed based on some other piece of information we're not privy to.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this is why it's an absolutely terrible situation: there's no flaws to find in any side
there's no reason for insiders who've always been pretty good with dealing informations to suddenly all fall for the same fake dump
and there's really nothing substantial to debunk this leak visually with even testimonials from real graphic designers about how amazing it looks

video game leak history peaked with this thing

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current most likely explanation is that Sakurai accidentally posted the Pokemon music to the blog and then had to cut Incineroar because of the Vindicated Music Rule

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Steve is definitely not a fighter is he's in. I expect more assist trophies like Shovel Knight, Steve would be great addition as an assist.

Wonder what could be the assist trophy that accompanies Banjo? Every new big series also get a AT rep and I think Banjo won't get someone from his own series. Maybe Joanna Dark or someone from Jet Force Gemini?
Maybe Mumbo Jumbo or Gruntilda. Although Gruntilda could be a boss in Spirits mode.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I also am a graphic designer and I completely agree with this.

I work for one of the most prestigious design firms in the world, Pentagram, and any designer there would think this to be a huge pain in the ass to pull off.

To me, this is so clearly real and my training tells me that, down to the auto CAD print mechanicals.

#TeamReal

Thanks for the post. I was already #TeamReal, but posts like this are somehow making me even more confident of this leak's legitimacy.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
i thought this wasn't only about recreating the backgrounds but also covered parts of characters

like the leaker would have to recreate parts of ivysaur regardless, if they wanted to move squirtle 3 pixels to one side (something that you'd think wouldn't be priority and wouldn't add much credibility due to the way the image was discovered), splitting the characters into separate layers wouldn't do anything to solve that. if they have the actual original layers, though, then yeah who cares move it 3 pixels to the side, experimenting might make it look better, won't affect ivy at all, and it won't add any significant time.

i am, however, lazy. so there's that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steve is definitely not a fighter is he's in. I expect more assist trophies like Shovel Knight, Steve would be great addition as an assist.

Wonder what could be the assist trophy that accompanies Banjo? Every new big series also get a AT rep and I think Banjo won't get someone from his own series. Maybe Joanna Dark or someone from Jet Force Gemini?
I would guess Mumbo Jumbo would be the Assist Trophy. He does have his staff as a weapon.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should through the Super Crown on Gruntilda and document the results... for science
latest

?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget, confirmation of Banjo could also mean a better N64 Classic Mini. Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps and the biggest of them all DIDDY KONG RACING could be in this thing! I'm drooling already.

I hope Nintendo gets the Bond rights too but that's pretty farfetched.
THIS.

I want at least Banjo 1 in there.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the apparently thrown upon necroreply but this needs correction

the problem with shadow is that he's more of a phenomenon than a physical object so fighting him would be kind of a pain

According to Sonic '06, the phenomenon which would be "kind of a pain to fight" is Shadow's possesed shadow, not Shadow. You can call it Mephiles the Dark if it helps. Fighting regular Shadow is not really kind of a pain, it's pure pain after a slowed down kick to the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.