What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Though if Vergeben is to be believe, they already negotiated with Microsoft in order to add Minecraft content to the game. Banjo wouldn't be that much more of the stretch at that point.
I agree that Minecraft content getting in would be a great starting point for broader negotiations with MS, but I also think the Minecraft IP in general is a bit of a unique case considering the game is essentially platform-agnostic and not a first-party exclusive IP as traditionally considered.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I understand Andre thinks their will probably be another pokemon but posting a confused psyduck can come across as calling the community insane for believing the leak. Especially since we are technically getting 3 pokemon who weren't in SmashU (squirtle, ivysuar, pichu) and gen 5 and 3 don't even have reps.

What.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think if Microsoft is game to do it, then not really. I mean, Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, has publicly supported it. It's not just Rare saying yeah let's do it. This is already the parent company we're talking about. And I think going into any negotiation Microsoft already knows Nintendo is never going to put something of theirs on a Microsoft platform. So with all that in mind, I can't possibly see how dealing with Microsoft for a character would be different from dealing with Capcom for a character.

I wonder. If Sega had exited the console market a little earlier would Sonic have gotten into Melee?

(I say this knowing that Nintendo has changed MASSIVELY since the days of Melee.)

Jan 8, 2018
If anything, I think Minecraft content in Smash would've come as a result of negotiations over Banjo, not vice versa. No one was requesting Steve in any capacity to where he would've been the impetus for Sakurai/Nintendo to reach out, the iconic nature of Minecraft be damned.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If anything, I think Minecraft content in Smash would've come as a result of negotiations over Banjo, not vice versa. No one was requesting Steve in any capacity to where he would've been the impetus for Sakurai/Nintendo to reach out, the iconic nature of Minecraft be damned.
My theory

Minecraft stage was real

Negioted in 2016

Too late for Microsoft character in base game without delay
Which why dlc

Both master chief and banjo will be dlc

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
New PapaGenos post.

unknown.png

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I think Miyamoto's main contribution was the necktie, but that's the most important part

I believe Miyamoto sent them some concept art, but the final design was created by Rare. I know Miyamoto at least came up with DK's tie.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...o_suggested_donkey_kong_should_sport_neckwear

I always thought it was interesting that use a similar design for Donkey Kong '94
Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg

So I guess canonically Cranky Kong has worn a tie too.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Diddy Kong should have been in Melee.
He was probably at least considered (like Wario was). They didn't have a lot of time to add a ton of unique newcomers to Melee, but the roster they went with is decent (though in retrospect, two retro characters and Zelda + Sheik in a roster of eight newcomers might have been overkill).

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So

Mine craft stage

Inceneroar and gen 7 stage

Elma and xenoblade x stage

Sora and kingdom hearts stage

Wtf is the 5th stage

Maybe Kirby because sakurai bias idk

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai is gonna make Pac-Land the only stage you can play on if we don't behave.

And he'll disable Omega and Battlefield forms

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, I'm pulling for Papa Genos because I would find it hilarious that a small time Youtuber named Papa Genos getting the correct scoop over well established industry insiders. He seems like a nice enough guy too.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
People say base Smash 4 didn't end on a high note? Duck Hunt was hype as hell. Seriously, if we ended with Mach Rider this time for instance, I'd be hype.

I just truly cannot imagine Sakurai ending on a Pokémon.
Duck Hunts trailer is probably my favorite of all smash reveals. Opening with classic Duck Hunt, being joined by the NES stars and them updating to their Smash4 appearance before the big reveal. His trailer is filled with silly fun stuff too like him covering his eyes too undressed Shulk.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean I can tone it down, but seriously who in the world is this guy and why did he suddenly gain immense prominence? I thought we were winding down on commenting on grifters at this point.

EDIT: Nothing against the gist of the comment since it's the best of both worlds but do we have like.... a list of everything up to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.