What do you think of IntelliHeath's Halloween avatar?

• Great choice! Duck Season ftw!

Votes: 106 24.6%
  • Creepy! Remove it ASAP!

Votes: 97 22.5%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 228 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are debating. People getting mad at others because they don't believe a Youtube newbie instead of multiple industry insiders are the ones not interested in discussion.

Also, the comparison about toxicity is ridiculous. That rumor thread was reading more like r/T_D than a Smash thread, it's not even comparable
I think the toxicity is coming from multiple users with both stances. People can choose to believe what they want to believe. Where I have a problem is when people want to shut down some avenue of conversation, whichever angle that comes from.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I do have to say, people generally being asses and wanting to shut down conversation that doesn't conform explicitly to what they believe is true is really disheartening and makes it hard to have a conversation. It is part of why people think this community is toxic. Why can't people just let other people speculate instead of shouting them down? It's supposedly what this topic is for.

Who is stopping anyone from speculating? Skepticism is a very healthy quality to have on the internet.

I'm too old to be at the point where I just blindly trust a random internet person with no history of credibility. I get that some of you are just ridiculously bored waiting for actual smash news but that doesn't mean theory doubting is "toxic".

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People are debating. People getting mad at others because they don't believe a Youtube newbie instead of multiple industry insiders are the ones not interested in discussion.

Also, the comparison about toxicity is ridiculous. That rumor thread was reading more like r/T_D than a Smash thread, it's not even comparable
No it wasn't. There were some going too far near the end but generally the rumor thread was fine. Of course not that it excused what some posters were saying after Imran talked about his grievances

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any reason a Pokemon couldn't be DLC. Honestly, anything could be DLC given we got characters like Lucas and Roy as DLC last time. I mean sure they were veterans, but they're not exactly popular characters. I think the third party characters almost certainly sold the best on Wii U (ie, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta). But I wouldn't really write anything off as being possible for DLC.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who is stopping anyone from speculating? Skepticism is a very healthy quality to have on the internet.

I'm too old to be at the point where I just blindly trust a random internet person with no history of credibility. I get that some of you are just ridiculously bored waiting for actual smash news but that doesn't mean theory doubting is "toxic".
So when people thought or question insiders' thoughts it's toxic but people outside of that circle is fair game?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mewtwo was also a beloved icon of the franchise and a returning vet. I dunno if old hat Incineroar would generate the same buzz.
I think this is a weaker argument though. If this is the reason why Incineroar is DLC then it'd be a decision from above and they might have just concluded that Pokémon as franchise is profitable for DLC.

Again, not saying this scenario is likely... I don't think Incineroar will be DLC, heh.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it wasn't. There were some going too far near the end but generally the rumor thread was fine. Of course not that it excused what some posters were saying after Imran talked about his grievances
You're too deep into this. Multiple people reported they were harassed by Smash fans, Andre literally named Era, Imran complained about the thread there, etc.

It had conspiracy theories, journalism-media hate and a bunch of crazy posts that sounded like anti-intellectualism. A guy literally posted "Serebii had a breakdown. One down. Next to go is Andre". And people in just a few pages after this same post were saying "i don't see any toxicity here".

So when people thought or question insiders' thoughts it's toxic but people outside of that circle is fair game?
Comparing (multiple) proved industry insiders to a Youtube newbie.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

People who have a track record and a history of credibility should be more trusted than people who don't. Of course.

Is that a serious question?

And why does it seem like people are confusing Papa Geno with the banner leak? These two things aren't the same.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Papa Geno's is going to reveal that his trustworthy source is Sakurai himself, as proven by these yearbook photos he provided.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
whoever made this banner leak is like that dude from captain america civil war and is just sitting back watching the community destroy itself

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're too deep into this. Multiple people reported they were harassed by Smash fans, Andre literally named Era, Imran complained about the thread there, etc.

It had conspiracy theories, journalism-media hate and a bunch of crazy posts that sounded like anti-intellectualism. A guy literally posted "Serebii had a breakdown. One down. Next to go is Andre". And people in just a few pages after this same post were saying "i don't see any toxicity here".
The thread got heated from time to time but I think it was mostly fine. The reaction of some users to Imran after he said he got a bunch of shitty DM's spammed made it take a turn for the worse though and I can agree with closing it after that.

Discussion has mostly been fine since we returned to the DT thankfully!

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
They should cut Ness too so the actual good Mother game can stand tall.

All of you can literally fight me.
Best Mother game was localized and then re-released sold well on VC. Cutting Ness is ludicrous and baffling as the rep of best Mother game. Second best Mother Game in Mother 3 needs to get localized already

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People who have a track record and a history of credibility should be more trusted than people who don't. Of course.

Is that a serious question?

And why does it seem like people are confusing Papa Geno with the banner leak? These two things aren't the same.
Likewise a lot of these people got a history being wrong on somethings in an industry where several real leaks that involve ridiculous circumstances including this entire franchise.

With that said I'm not saying Genos>insiders or even Genos=insiders as yes it's incredibly unlikely this guy will be right in the end.

In the flip side considering how new his channel is I think he deserves just a small enough chance which lets be real is most likely going to be blown up in his face unfortunately

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is being skeptic of a random youtuber really toxic? Just because he's...nice?
Nah, until someone has been proven to have reliable insider information you're basically just a speculator like the majority of us.

Everybody should be highly sceptic of everything coming from Papa Geno until he starts establishing some form of track record.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Mother game was localized and then re-released sold well on VC. Cutting Ness is ludicrous and baffling as the rep of best Mother game. Second best Mother Game in Mother 3 needs to get localized already

I'm mostly jesting in my lovable cheeky rapscallion way (I'm cool, honest), but I don't think I like Earthbound as a game, and especially not when compared to Mother 3.

Oct 25, 2017
whoever made this banner leak is like that dude from captain america civil war and is just sitting back watching the community destroy itself
CorruptTiredErmine-max-1mb.gif

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
What if Incineroar is being held back as (potentially free) DLC due to something related to Incineroar in the Pokémon anime? Like, what if they're going to go the Ash-Greninja route again and give something special to Incineroar, with that decision having been made in the middle of Ultimate's development, after Sakurai had already decided on Incineroar but early enough for the new stuff to be added to Smash? The Pokémon Company would want to make the reveal first if this was the case, of course, which could have affected when Incineroar can be revealed for Smash, maybe? Probably unlikely, but I'm just trying to make sense of things in the event that Incineroar really is DLC.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I'm mostly jesting in my lovable cheeky rapscallion way (I'm cool, honest), but I don't think I like Earthbound as a game, and especially not when compared to Mother 3.
Damn. I'm gonna have to add you to the list.

1. Weiss
2. Weiss
3. Weiss
4. Weiss
5. Weiss
6. Weiss

I was able to pencil you in for #6

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You were marked the first time for the first EarthBound discussion we had. You got four more for denouncing your faith in Genoism. I don't care if he gets in or not, but he turned your back. Church of Falcon shames you

I bet you never even rode your bike through the rainforest after saying goodbye to all your party members in order to hear the unique sound effects for doing so.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"Leak bait" is like when you leave a slice of cheese by the pipes so all the water will come out to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.